Profile for A. J. Barnes > Reviews

Content by A. J. Barnes

A. J. Barnes "AJB"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
EMARTBUY VALUE PACK FOR SAMSUNG B3210 GENIO QWERTY FLIP CASE COVER WITH BUILT IN PHONE HOLDER BLACK + COMPATIBLE MICRO USB CAR CHARGER + LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the Phone Better!!!, 29 April 2010
You get three things in this pack
1. cigarette lighter charger
2. screen protector [and soft cleaning cloth]
3. Flip open case
I have no real use for the first 2 but the case is close to perfect...
My only minus first... the flip-case has a magnetic clasp and I don't like them... that's it. It works great and is very firm. It is a fine clasp.
Now the positives...
The cradle for the phone inside the flip-case feels very secure and durable and the flip-case looks well made and finished [mine has tan stitching on black leather]. The cut-outs on the case for the camera and speaker fit perfectly - no adjustment needed.
The great thing is that the cradle has cut-outs for the side controls as well and while these do not affect you using the buttons [for the camera and volume/zoom controls] it does protect them from accidental operation. I have found the I have accidentally turned on the camera or turned down the call volume while talking or texting but now it is all but impossible to do this, you have to press your finger in to the cut out to make it work... not difficult to do at all but so much better than doing it accidentally.
I had my reservations about the phone while I was using it because I kept doing things I didn't want but not now. It is so much better and easier to handle.
Only time will tell if the case is robust but for well under a tenner I have no reservations.
If you have the phone - buy this pack.

Elements Sterling Silver Ladies N385 Snake 61cm Chain
Elements Sterling Silver Ladies N385 Snake 61cm Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars delicate but strong, 31 Mar 2010
It says it is for "ladies" but I'm not one and it suits me just fine.
The Clasp is firm and feels strong.
The Chain seems substantial and surprisingly heavy.
Even comes in a little mesh bag so you don't have to wrap it up if you got it as a present.

Sterling Silver Pave Shell Drangonfly Pendant on Curb Chain Necklace 46cm/18"
Sterling Silver Pave Shell Drangonfly Pendant on Curb Chain Necklace 46cm/18"
Price: 25.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Discrete, 27 Mar 2010
It looks beautiful.
It seems well made and feels wonderful to touch.
Highly recommended.

Black Stethoscope for Nurses
Black Stethoscope for Nurses

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault the Product or the Service, 27 Mar 2010
This review is from: Black Stethoscope for Nurses
A Nurse friend said this is exactly what she wanted as a "backup".
Seems well made and easy to use.
And the Delivery service puts other companies to shame... free postage and next day delivery...

Blessings for the Fast Paced and Cyberspaced: Parables, Reflections, and Prayers
by William Fitzgerald

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe okay if you are a christian, 23 Mar 2010
The problem with buying off the internet is that you cannot read a book before buying it. it is very Christian in its out look [all the quotes' I've see are from Judeao-Christian texts and most of the blessing seem to be aimed at God] and that wasn't what I was looking for.
Not a Bad book - but not what I wanted.
My copy was signed by the author...

Remington R91 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Remington R91 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pocket Shaver, 18 Mar 2010
I've used this shaver almost every day for three months.
It gives a good close shave and has dealt with 3 days of growth more than once.
As other reviews have said - don't push to hard, just let it glide.
The charge seems to last for weeks.
It is easy to clean with the brush that is included.
Revised Review
Still going strong after several years use. Okay it doesn't hold charge quite as well as it did and the blades are not as sharp as they were but all in all still great value for money...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2010 9:49 PM BST

Private School [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Private School [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Phoebe Cates
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 5.91

1.0 out of 5 stars I had to give it one star, 18 Mar 2010
I would like to think there were redeeming features to this film and there are none that I can find.
It's puerile and childish [and that is a hard act to pull off] and ethically and morally dubious. and it's not funny!
I bought it on the recommendations I have read on-line and because Phoebe Cates is in it.
Even at its base level this film fails. The nudity is very poor 1980s quality more like 1970s British Confessions films.
In fact that is the films level.
If you like "Confessions of..." then you might like this film.
If you like a decent script or acting or anything really please go else where.
This is truly the worst film I have seen in years...

Powerball 250 Hz Regular - Blue
Powerball 250 Hz Regular - Blue
Offered by Genie Gadgets
Price: 10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars For god sake don't oil it!, 6 Feb 2010
I bought a Powerball 250Hz Regular to use at home in the evenings.
It took a bit of time to get used to starting it but it became addictive as soon as I got the knack.
I thought it sounded a but rough so I oiled it.
And now it doesn't work very well... or at all.
Don't oil it and take your time learning how to start it and it will be fun and useful...
but don't oil it.
I now own a second one for work...

LP1
LP1
Price: 9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about the best album I've in a long time, 21 Jan 2010
This review is from: LP1 (Audio CD)
This isn't your average Rock album.
The nearest I can get is US 60s Garage Punk.
Yet it has elements of whimsy that are truly French [such as the song "Bicyclette"].
The mix of English and French make you listen all the more and after a dozen playings I still find something new.

Scart Switch 2 Way - Premium Quality / 21-pin Scart (Fully Wired) / Male to Female / Audio / Video / Adapter / Multiplier

4.0 out of 5 stars I plugged it in and it worked, 11 Nov 2009
All I can say is that I plugged it in and it worked first time.
The cables are long but feel solid. The switch action is positive.
It might not be suitable for heave use or in an AV lab but for connecting a DVD player and PVR to an old TV - it works fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7