Profile for Carrie > Reviews

Content by Carrie

Carrie (Dorset United Kingdom)

Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara - Black
Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara - Black
Offered by KrazyGirlCosmetics
Price: 6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mascara, 25 July 2013
Best mascara and a brilliant price. Have bought these for myself and both daughters. After years of buying expensive mascaras I find this one at such a good price. It's curved wand is perfect and the actual mascara is smooth and creamy.

The God of Small Things
The God of Small Things
by Arundhati Roy
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars all time favourite book, 25 July 2013
This has got to be my all time favourite book. Beautifully written and totally absorbing. It's years since I read it for the first time and it has always stayed with me.

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Natasha Corrett
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, 1 Nov 2012
I have to say I am only writing this review because I did not agree with the other reviews I read on Honestly Healthy. The recipes in this book are really delicious and if you are new to alkaline eating it will inspire you to continue and persevere. Some of the ingredients are a bit weird, and expensive, like yacon syrup, coconut flour and sea vegetables but any good health food shop will have these or get them in for you. It is true, they recommend a very expensive liquidiser but that's only if you need to buy one and then you don't have to buy the one they suggest. They also say to upgrade in stages and change over to this method of eating gradually so it is up to you how far you take it. Personally, I feel so much better having cut out sugar and made my diet alkaline that it is really worth it. I have left one star off because I would have liked a more comprehensive list of foods with their acid/alkaline values, but i have had to search the internet for this. It has been a bit pricey setting up my store cupboard with more nuts and seeds, fruits and grains etc but it has been fun and nothing has been wasted - it is all delicious. It takes time to get all the information into your daily practice and to change the habits of a lifetime but I'd say this book makes it seem possible. I'm really glad I bought it and recommend it to others keen to eat more healthily.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2012 6:41 PM GMT