Profile for Chris > Reviews

Psychi Chalk Ball for Rock Climbing Gymnastics Weightlifting Pole Dancing
Psychi Chalk Ball for Rock Climbing Gymnastics Weightlifting Pole Dancing
Offered by Crux Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice chalk, powdery and lumped up as others, 25 Sep 2014
Nice chalk, powdery and lumped up as others. Arrives as pictured in a sealed plastic bag. I use this for indoor climbing as to not make a mess everywhere.

Naturehike 1pcs 80mm Aluminum Mountaineering Climbing Hiking Camping Hook Fishing Button Alive Carabiner (Black)
Offered by VanDeSaiL

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT A CLIMBING HOOK! It does say ..., 25 Sep 2014
THIS IS NOT A CLIMBING HOOK!

It does say on the description (last item on the list) but the title of the product is quite misleading and for the price not worth it.

I'd Rather Be Rock Climbing - Mens T-Shirt-Bottle-Small
I'd Rather Be Rock Climbing - Mens T-Shirt-Bottle-Small
Offered by Dressdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Sep 2014
Great comfortable T-Shirt. Arrived fast and as expected.

Psychi Chalk Bag for Rock Climbing with Rear Zip and Waist Belt (Red)
Psychi Chalk Bag for Rock Climbing with Rear Zip and Waist Belt (Red)
Offered by Crux Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Chalk Bag but a good one at that, 25 Sep 2014
Well what's more to be said? It's a Chalk Bag but a good one at that, it looks well built and the material feels like it will last. Having the zipper pocket is quite handy for storing finger-tape, keys etc. Being quite thin I appreciate that the waist belt is fairly adjustable allowing me to conveniently use it.

ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev. 2 - 160 Watts Twin-Tower Heatsink CPU Cooler - Intel & AMD - 120mm PWM Fan - 4 Double-Sided Heatpipes - Easy Installation

1.0 out of 5 stars Fan broke down a few months in & awkward engineering., 28 April 2014
The entire installation from the beginning was very awkward requiring a long screwdriver. You also need to remove the fan to complete the installation and requires extra care when removing&re-installing as it can easily "catch" on the metal fins of the actual heat-sink.

Unfortunately I had problems from the get go with the fan making weird noises at times and as I was going through a work-busy period I simply did not have the time to send it back etc.

I bought this on 10th January and today (28th April) I tried to turn on my PC and the fan will not power on at all. I did try another fan to rule out the power port and the other fan worked.

Being very disappointed I tried to look up the warranty on the Arctic website and apparently it is only available in German (!) as even after I made sure I had selected English on their website it still came up with German (only on that page).

I will try and see if Amazon can help me tomorrow (today being Sunday).

Samsung UE46F6320 46-inch WideScreen Full HD 1080p Smart 3D LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi and Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money!, 1 Dec 2013
First I want to begin with the fact that the TV was delivered next day and that was on a Saturday. I did select & paid for Express delivery and was told that in the case the product does not arrive tomorrow (that was on Friday morning) I would receive a full refund on my delivery fee. Very pleased with Amazon's customer service.

Now on to the TV itself which is fantastic. I opted for the 46" model as I watch movies constantly and the extra real estate of screen really shines through.

* Initial setup is very easy and only takes about 10 minutes (that includes the Autoscan for TV Chanells). The TV has Freeview & Freeview HD tuners included. My WiFi network was picked up, I entered my password and was good to go. Admittedly the amount of "I agree" ticks I had to select was a bit worrying when it comes to privacy.

* One of the most important features is the Smart TV aspect which allows me to directly stream content from my PC to the TV. I use PS3 Media Server on my PC to do that (reason for that is that the application is lightweight, I don't own a PS3). Anything that I threw at it, be it MKV's, AVI's, photos, music the TV just kept saying "Yep, I'll happily play that for you". So if that is important to you, you will NOT be dissapointed. Browsing through the file directories is VERY fast.

* The image fidelity/clarity of the TV is is remarkable. No ghosting, no burnt pixels no bleeding of colours. The black levels are astonishing. We watched "UP!" as the first test movie and everyone was pointing out the entire time how everything is so "alive". I will probably look into calibrating the TV to fit my taste when it comes to colour a bit more, but that does not mean the out-of-the-box settings are dissapointing in any way. 3D is also very interesting, having watched The Hobbit last night in 3D I must say you have to try it at least once! The active 3D glasses produce a much "cleaner" 3D effect than the one you might have watched in the cinema. Personally though I could only handle a 3D movie once in a while as it can strain your eyes a bit.

* Sound, was surprisingly good for such a thin TV. It does try to simulate surround and succeeds up to a certain level of course. Any sound buffs out there will probably want to hook this up to their Home Cinema set or buy a soundbar. For me, sound is perfectly fine, for now.

* Applications are what you would expect with the likes of Netflix & Lovefilm coming bundled together and are very easy to use. Facebook/Skype etc. are included as well but I haven't tried them out yet. I'll also mention that there's a USB port for connecting a webcam that one would potentially need to make Video Skype Calls. There's also a browser that you can use to surf the web which works just fine for the few websites I tested but you would certainly need a keyboard/mouse as using just the remote to navigate around in websites is an absolute pain.

* Visually speaking the TV is very appealing, being thin and having that transparent bezel around it makes it "blend in". I particularly like the stand which is minimalistic and deviates from the normal attrocious black piece of metal&plastic that you encounter in older tv's.

All in all this TV is great value for money. Sure it's not exactly cheap but when you take into consideration the size and capabilities and start comparing you quickly realize that you really can't get much better than this at the moment.

Very happy with this purchase. 5/5
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2014 9:16 PM GMT