Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus Book 4) (Heroes Of Olympus Series)
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus Book 4) (Heroes Of Olympus Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Oct. 2013
Once again, Rick Riordan has made it so that hoards of fans will be screaming: "WHY?" at the top of their lungs. His way of combining witty dialoge with heartbreaking scenes and tragic stories has really brought The House of Hades to life. Imagery that lingers with you and makes you want to cry with these beautiful characters Riordan has brought to life. This is a world away from The Mark of Athena in so many ways, addressing important new issues and taking our demigods a step further in discovering themselves and the prophecy.
Jason has been developed and brought forward as a character and filled out so that his '2d personality' has become flawed and personal one I looked forward to reading. Piper, once more often accused of being 'flat' came into her own. This may have been because her POVs were few and far between, meaning she was described more from other perspectives and therefore, there was little - if any - tragic thoughts on her relationships. Frank... well Frank has grown up. In more than one ways in in so many directions that my heart swells when I think of him as if he's someone I can pat on the head. Hazel has struck me more in this book than she has in all the others, burstig from her normal role as a backing character and taking on important roles in the quest. Leo, everyone's favourite mechanic, has also changed although his range of inappropriate jokes are still wide, varied and flying all about the place.
Percy and Annabeth who left us hanging off the edge of our seats have grown to rely on more than each other, but on themselves and other people who help them. They trust their insticts implicitly and act so adult, yet with the childish aspects that we have never really seen before, in the face of danger that coupled with Riordan's writing makes you feel you are with them.
And Nico, who I always leave til last, has faced his biggest fears, his biggest enemies and himself - probably the most dangerous one of all. This character always struck the protective bone in me and I wish with all my heart, that I could give him a hug. Because, ladies and gentlemen, this boy needs one.
Can't wait for the next book, The Blood of Olympus, to come out.

The Gargoyle Club (The Gargoyle Legends Book 1)
The Gargoyle Club (The Gargoyle Legends Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 28 Jan. 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book after getting a recomendation. It's very interesting and I find the characters all so unique. The plot keeps you on the edge of your seat right until the end and there are twists around evey corner. The only thing that I would say, is that sometimes I find Eden a little too much like Balla from Twilight (gasps) she is usually a much more focused and fun character, but there are times when she seems a little... of beat? Anyway, great story and looking forward to reading some more.

The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 5: Trust No One
The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 5: Trust No One

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 13 Jan. 2013
This is the penaltimate book in 'The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers' and it's just as explosive as the last series and books. With Dan and his photographic memory and Amy and her bookish knowledge as well as including our old favourite enemies from 'The 39 Clues' like Ian and Natalie Kabra and the Holts united because of one Cahill problem that has effected them all all the way through this series. The new characters that we have been introduced to (of which the only one I particually like is Pheonix) have remained consistant and usually enjoyable to read. (Warning for Ian and Amy fans; this is more of a 'nostalgic love' rather than a 'true love' although, I'm still hoping for a sudden turn of events, if not in this series then the next.)

The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire 4: Crushed
The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire 4: Crushed

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of all the Rapid Fire, 2 Dec. 2012
I love this story, I am and Amy and Ian fan so this just about made me sqeal and then broke my heart. It's a short story focused mainly around Ian with a bit of Amy. It gives us a glimpse of Ian's side, which is posibly even more in love than Amy's. Definitly worth buying.

The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus Book 3)
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus Book 3)
by Rick Riordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 2 Oct. 2012
I bought this book on Kindle the second I woke up on the 2nd, I read every free second, and even some not-so-free ones. Therefor I can say that this book has been written amazingly well. Whilst I think that Rick Riordan has possibly taken the easier way out in choosing Annabeth, she is also who I would have chosen given the desision.
There were two things I was looking forward to; the Reunion and Nico di Angelo.
I was not dissapointed.
I have given this book five stars as it has tied up a couple of loose ends that I needed to know about and created a few more.
Finally, we get to find out about Annabeth from inside her own head (an interesting place) and her love for her Seaweedbrain.
There are a couple of heart-breakingly romantic scenes but enough action to make this a book for both genders and I personally found Gleeston Hedge a real assent to the team of seven (if only for his way of stating the obvious).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2013 8:46 AM GMT

Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8
Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars The most fabulous series of books writen (including Harry Potter), 12 July 2012
Artemis has finally come to the end of his adventures. This book kicks off with a bang, Holly, Artemis, Butler, Foaly, Mulch, Juliet, Myles, Beckett and Trouble are back! And so is Opal. She has escaped from prison, using a tactic only the completely insane would use. And can she even be stopped this time?

This book is beautifully written with surprises around every twist and turn. It's like a series of explosions, Artemis faces a desision that nobody should ever have to make and it could affect his family and friends forever. Opal seems to be anticippating his every move whilst sunrise is getting closer with every passing minute. Finally we get to find out what Artemis resigned himself to pretty much straight away. I won't tell you what happens, but Eoin put the most beautiful twist at the end, which made the saying goodbye to Artemis slightly easier. All I will say is; it ends right back at the beginning. It isn't a riddle but you probably won't work out what I mean until the last sentence. All in all, the people who have followed Artemis through his adventures must read this final book. One more thing that everyone will be happy about, with the Artemis Holly thing, Eoin left it up to you to decide whether they remain friends or change into something more. The final Artemis Fowl book has tied up all lose ends, and brought the world of fairy adventures to a close. The adventures of Artemis Fowl II have ended. The rest is left to your imagination...
-Allie
xx

Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident
Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing book!, 3 July 2012
So, Arty's back, along with Holly, Butler, Root, Foaly and Mulch! Once again a quick summary;

Artemis has planned a rescue mission for his father, Artemis Fowl, who when missing several years previously, after reciving a vital clue to his whereabouts. Meanwhile, below ground in Haven Holly and Chix are on stake-out. After another dangerous situation, where only Holly's quick thinking and Chix's flirting, saved them both. A very important discovery is made, the B'wa Kell (a goblin gang) is trading with the Mud-People. Of course Artemis is right up there on Holly's list of 'Who-dun-it.' So the duo is bought below ground, were thay are found to be innocent. Artemis helps with finding out who is responsable in exchange for fairy assistance in his atempt to rescue Fowl Sr. On the way, there a some momentous revelations, incluing the one that Mulch is alive, well, and living in LA. Finally, everything os finished and Artemis and Holly, strike up a gruding friendship. One that will only grow stronger with time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 3:45 PM BST

Artemis Fowl
Artemis Fowl
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Artemis Fowl is the most amazing book I've had the fortune to read!, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Artemis Fowl (Paperback)
Artemis Fowl, a pale skinned, dark haired, twelve year old, who just happens to be a crimminal mastermind.

So when Artemis discovers the existance of fairies, he decides to capture one and tease his gold from him, what could go wrong? After all, fairies are small and sweet and scared of their own shadows. But not these ones, these fairies are hard-core, street-wise, hi-tech and violent. They don't take too kindly to a young Mud-Boy, even if he is a Fowl, dropping in a holding one of their fairies to ransom. Especially, when the fairy in question is Captain Holly Short, the first female LEPrecon captain, ever. Quite a big thing. These fairies have a plan, several in fact. Just a shame Arty's always about thirty steps ahead.

A really gripping story, bringing the most amazing characters and the funniest story lines, that have never been thought of before. Eoin Colfer, has done a great job.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 3:44 PM BST

Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief [DVD]
Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief [DVD]
Dvd ~ Logan Lerman
Offered by Champion Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Film (but not 'Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief'), 3 July 2012
Percy Jackson and the Olympians is an amazing book series, recently a sequel series has started called Heroes of Olympus; recommended for any Rick Riordan fans.
The movie is great, humerous, exciting with a touch of romance. The only question is; how was this in any way similar to the books? If you enjoyed reading the books or you're just looking for a fab film for the family, I would recommend, but I don't think, as an avid reader of the Percy Jackson's, that I will be watching any more of these.

Nightstorm and the Grand Slam (Pony Club Secrets, Book 12)
Nightstorm and the Grand Slam (Pony Club Secrets, Book 12)
by Stacy Gregg

5.0 out of 5 stars smasher, 7 July 2011
this book ties up all lose ends. Victory, Marcus, Tara and Blaze. An epic book told in a greagt fashion one of the best books I have ever read. Its even better if you have the hole seiris. The perfect lengeth for younger kids and the descripetion is sutible for all. old kids will like it beacuse they could relate to Issie, she goes though some of the same proplems as older childern. An abouslute smasher