Profile for Jon > Reviews

Content by Jon

Jon (London)

Mens walking hiking trekking shoes trainers waterproof leather black (11)
Mens walking hiking trekking shoes trainers waterproof leather black (11)
Offered by footloose.shoes
Price: 29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars hybrid shoes/trainers ideal for many purposes, 30 Jun 2014
These shoes have characteristics of both smart shoes and trainers. They go equally well with exercise clothing or smart work attire. They are therefore multi purpose and are suitable for many situations when neither shoes or trainers alone seem like quite the thing to wear. For example, when walking in the park they are ideal. They are reasonably priced and hard wearing - just what I was looking for.

Mens Manicure Set - 6 Piece Manicure Set For Men - Proffesional Nail Kit
Mens Manicure Set - 6 Piece Manicure Set For Men - Proffesional Nail Kit
Offered by Tim Garner
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality manicure set for men, 28 Feb 2014
I play classical guitar so the nails on my right hand need to be kept to a specific length and shape. This manicure set is perfect for this task.

STARSINGER Karaoke Machine with Wireless Mics & 200 Songs
STARSINGER Karaoke Machine with Wireless Mics & 200 Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good karaoke machine, 5 Feb 2014
I downloaded my favourite songs from a karaoke website, and combined them with the ones I liked from the 200 that came with the machine. I copied them onto a memory card which I then plugged into the machine. I was soon singing the vocals to some of my favourite tracks of all time - a very enjoyable experience indeed. The sound quality is excellent. The wireless microphones are good too. I'm having lots of fun with this purchase! It plays from karaoke CDs and USB inputs as well. It takes a while to get the correct music / voice level adjustment, but once this is done you're away. This is a class product and I recommend it.

Raspberry Pi Model B 512 MB Enhanced Kit (Includes, Raspberry Pi, USB Hub, HDMI Cable, 16 GB Rasbian Wheezy SD Card, Wireless Internet Device, Case, Slimline Keyboard, Rectractable Mouse)
Offered by Wishtrac (VAT receipt supplied)
Price: 84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi Model B Kit easy to assemble and fully functional, 28 Dec 2013
All the components of the kit seem to be working fine at the moment. It was easy to set up and works well sharing my TV with my desktop PC. All I have to do is switch between the two HDMI inputs to change computers. I intend to use it to write programs in Python and this will be easily achievable with the h/w in this kit. However, I am dependent on the user guide to learn about the Pi and this is not part of the Kit so must be purchased separately. I am still in the early stages of using the Pi but things are looking promising at the moment.

iGadgitz Water Resistant Neoprene Sports Gym Jogging Armband for Apple iPod Touch/iTouch 5th Generation 5G 32GB 64GB - Black
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product reasonably priced., 3 Dec 2013
This iPod armband is easy to put on and comfortable to wear. It protects the iPod without hindering its functionality. It does not impede movements of the arm when worn. It is very difficult for someone to steal it and it can be worn under clothing to attract less attention. The price is reasonable. I use it all the time. A good product.

Bride and Groom Wedding Cake Topper / New
Bride and Groom Wedding Cake Topper / New

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect finishing touch to my wedding cake, 9 Nov 2013
This wedding cake topper was ideal for decorating my fairly simple three tier wedding cake I made for my sister's wedding. Easy to press onto cake and did not fall over.

Pukka Pad city A7 pocket book - police style elastic spiral wire bound note pad 50 sheets with pencil
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd
Price: 2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars good every day notebook to carry in your pocket, 9 Nov 2013
This notebook is small enough to fit snuggly in your pocket. The only slight problem is the ink from the black cover gets warm and gets on your hands.

Bladerunner Men's 2014 Formula 82 Inline Skate - Black/Blue, Size 10
Bladerunner Men's 2014 Formula 82 Inline Skate - Black/Blue, Size 10
Price: 94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bladerunner skates are as good as they look, 9 Nov 2013
I purchased these skates so I could try a new fun way of getting some exercise and improving my balance. They seem to be very well constructed and I have no doubt they will last a long time. However, I strongly recommend wearing protective gear with them since I could tell immediately that an inexperienced skater like myself could easily fall over. With practise I can see I will get much pleasure from them. Also they look fantastic. They feel very much like ice skates to wear. They will work on any reasonably flat and hard surface such as asphalt.

Mixed Wrap Cable Fastener for UK 3PIN Chargers
Mixed Wrap Cable Fastener for UK 3PIN Chargers
Price: 4.06

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 9 Nov 2013
I have accumulated a lot of chargers in recent years, and these cable fasteners really tidied them up. This improves both their appearance and functionality - I can now easily see which plug belongs to which charger, as well as solving the problem of the never ending pile of spaghetti.

Oxford Illustrated Computer Dictionary
Oxford Illustrated Computer Dictionary
by Ian Dicks

3.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Illustrated Computer Dictionary Review, 19 Dec 2009
I must admit I didn't realise this was a children's book when I bought it. However, I still quite like reading it and it helps me to consolidate my knowledge. There are some definitions in it I didn't know before.

This book is ideal for a 10 to 14 year old.