Profile for RWilson > Reviews

RWilson "raywilson12" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples, 20 Feb. 2014
I am using this with a Google Nexus 7 (2013 Edition). I plug the adapter in to the Nexus. I then plug the HDMI cable from the TV in to the adapter. I wake up the tablet and put in my passcode so that the device/screen is on. I then switch to the relevant HDMI channel on the TV. It worked perfectly and first time. What could be easier than that? Not sure I understand the problems being reported..

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Implementation, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
This is a good game. Plenty of features and multiple play options (vs comp, online against facebook or random etc). Random players seem to quit when I'm beating them though...

Poker Player Magazine
Poker Player Magazine

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work Anymore., 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Poker Player Magazine (App)
Stuck on an error "Updating Prices". Absolute toss and mediocre when it did work... regretting taking out a year subscription on a whim. Best avoided.

The Object-Oriented Thought Process (4th Edition) (Developer's Library)
The Object-Oriented Thought Process (4th Edition) (Developer's Library)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 8 May 2013
I liked this book and if you're new to OOP it is a thorough overview which I found easy to read. I can't see this being much use to people already in the industry other than a handy reference though.

Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design

2.0 out of 5 stars Just no..., 8 May 2013
If you're a amateur game developer/designer looking for a source of inspiration then stay clear of this book. You want to overcome writer's block? This book recommends you go for a shower or take a drive!? Well that surely has to be the most sage-like advice I think I have ever heard... not! Sorry Scott, I do those things every day and it doesn't help one jot!

I returned this and bought Fundamentals of Game Design (2nd Edition) and Game Mechanics - Advanced Game Design instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 5:52 PM BST

The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses
The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy Kindle Edition, 29 April 2013
The Kindle edition seems to be a PDF file. It doesn't open in the Kindle application but the PDF reader. Unacceptable and instantly returned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2013 8:08 AM BST

Foundations of IT Service Management with ITIL 2011
Foundations of IT Service Management with ITIL 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version Incomplete, 27 Sept. 2012
I returned the Kindle version as it goes straight from the front cover to the content - there is no table of contents available. The book was impossible to navigate.

The Mental Game of Poker: Proven Strategies For Improving Tilt Control, Confidence, Motivation, Coping with Variance, and More

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 July 2012
I had this book in my wish list for a while and when I saw it was only a fiver on Kindle, decided to purchase it.

This book is excellent and I have really noticed improvements in my play since I started reading it. I have always had a problem with tilting on a bad run and spewing my bankroll away. This book helped me adjust the way I think about poker, variance and, crucially, to get realistic expectations about what to expect in Poker. This helps me stay in control when someone gets lucky against me or I don't play a good session.

I now think the mental game aspect of poker is something that is really neglected and full marks go to this book for addressing the issue.

Only Fools and Horses - The Complete Series 6 [1989] [DVD] [1981]
Only Fools and Horses - The Complete Series 6 [1989] [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ David Jason
Offered by 247dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars They cut it!, 23 Sept. 2003
Only Fools And Horses is the best comedy that was ever created. This series is perhaps the best and every episode is a classic! All six episodes are spread over two DVDs (no double-sided disc, yay!)
One thing that *really* spoiled it for me is that they added a really long advert introduction to the first DVD and cut some footage from the first episode "Yuppy Love". It is all from the scene when they're in the night club and they cut some exchanges between Casandra and Rodney and some footage between Mickey and Jevon. It no longer flows properly now and that is why I gave it 3 stars otherwise I would give it 5.

Final Truth: the Autobiography of a Mass Murderer
Final Truth: the Autobiography of a Mass Murderer
by Donald Gaskins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - Interesting and compelling until the finish, 12 Aug. 2000
I finished reading this book within 24 hours. It offers an indepth look at the thoughts and (uncaring) feelings of a REAL serial killer and goes into such detail that, up until this book was released, only a murderer would know about. Believe me this guy was as evil as they come and it is unnerving to think that there was a chance he could still be walking the earth.

Page: 1 | 2