Profile for Mrs. Anne Brooke > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Anne Brooke

Mrs. Anne Brooke "nannysprincess" (Lincolnshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fractured (Dividing Line #4)
Fractured (Dividing Line #4)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down, 21 May 2014
I have now read all 5 in the dividing line series and keenly await #6. Easily as good as Martina Cole. I started the first book about six weeks ago, just before my husband died, and finished #5 just two weeks later. Her writing is gripping and even though you might just want to read a couple of chapters, you fid yourself compelled to read on. Highly recommended, and I will now read all her other novels.

Magnetic Jewellery clasps Set of 4 - (2 Silver Tone and 2 Gold Tone)
Magnetic Jewellery clasps Set of 4 - (2 Silver Tone and 2 Gold Tone)
Offered by Online Essentials & More
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stiff Fingers, 18 Nov 2010
Amazing. At last I can put a necklace on without needing someone else to fasten it. I agree with others that the clasp is a little fiddly to attatch to a necklace in the first place, but once this has been done I just leave it there so that if never has to be fastened again. They are cheap enough to attach one to each of my necklaces, So simple, but so effective.

Scarlet Women
Scarlet Women
by Jessie Keane

5.0 out of 5 stars Nannysprincess, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: Scarlet Women (Paperback)
What a corker!I loved Jessie Keane's first two parts of this trilogy and could't wait to devour the conclusion. As an East End girl of the sixties, I could easily identify with the times, even though I wasn't part of the gangster scene. I agree with those people who think that Jessie Keane is better that Martina Cole, although I can see a similarity to Matinas's early novels. This trilogy was a gritty tale of East London in the sixties. It identified all the seedy sides of the villians, prostitutes and ne'r do wells of the time, whilst showing the softer human side of others. I await the outcome of her fourth novel, and only wish it was available immediately. If I have any criticism at all, it was having to wait for each of the books to be released. I would have preferred to have all three books so that I could read one after another. Stay with it Jessie you have a steadily rising fanbase.

Billie Jo
Billie Jo
by Kimberley Chambers
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Brooke, 17 Mar 2009
This review is from: Billie Jo (Mass Market Paperback)
What a brilliant first novel. The characters are all very real and lifelike to any reader. As someone who was born in London's east end, I am sure that I know people just like the characters portrayed. This book had me totally immersed and I finally read the last page at 3am.
I already have novel no. 2 on order. In my opinion this is very much like Martina Cole's early novels. I hope there are many more in the pipeline as I know that I will be a committed fan.

Crying Shame
Crying Shame

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosie has cracked it again, 15 Dec 2008
This review is from: Crying Shame (Paperback)
Rosie has crated the perfect sequel to Our Little secret. Once I picked the book up, I simply had to read on. Rosie writes with real passion, and, as in all of her novels, the characters are truly real.
This is one author who is more than simply a "churner out" of female sagas. Please keep them coming Rosie, your fan base is ever growing and hungry for the next one.

Our Little Secret
Our Little Secret
Price: 17.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing novel by Rosie Goodwin, 28 Dec 2007
This review is from: Our Little Secret (Hardcover)
This book is more than just a tear jerker. It reads almost like a biography. This book is a MUST for any reader of "saga" type fiction. Rosie's characters are as real as it is possible for them to be. The storyline grabs you and holds you with each turn of the page. In my opinion this is Rosie's best novel yet. Please keep them coming.

Forsaken
Forsaken

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne from Lincolnshire, 2 Dec 2007
This review is from: Forsaken (Paperback)
Rosie has done it again with this amazing novel. The characters are as real as it is possible to be. Through the tears shed for Sophie, I couldn't put the book down as I had to know what came next. The real tragedy of reading this book was that it came to an end. Please, please, please, Rosie, keep them coming.

Moonlight and Ashes
Moonlight and Ashes

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner by Rosie Goodwin, 13 Sep 2007
This review is from: Moonlight and Ashes (Paperback)
All of Rosie goodwin's books have been brilliant. This one is no exception. It has taken me just two days to read this amazing novel. All of the characters are lifelike and I just couldn't put the book down.

Sold into Marriage: One Girl's Living Nightmare
Sold into Marriage: One Girl's Living Nightmare
by Sean Boyne

5.0 out of 5 stars Reader from Crowland in Lincolnshire., 20 Oct 2003
A truly amazing read. I just couldn't put the book down, once I had started reading it. It seems incomprehensible that somebody should have had to endure what the main character did, as late as the 70's.

Heart's Desire
Heart's Desire
by Michael Taylor
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Brooke from Crowland in Lincolnshire., 9 Oct 2003
This review is from: Heart's Desire (Paperback)
Michael Taylor has once again enthralled his readers with a wonderful romantic saga. Each novel he writes is fascinating, from the first page until the last. I am sure that other readers of his books, like myself, start looking for his next novel to read, immediately upon completion of the last. Michael Taylor has a unique way of exhibiting the raw emotions of his characters.

Page: 1 | 2