Profile for Mr. Michael Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. Michael Smith

Mr. Michael Smith (Southend-on-Sea)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SanDisk SDSDQXL-032G-FFPA 32 GB Class 10 Mobile Extreme MicroSDHC Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars So small yet with such a big memory!, 27 Aug 2014
I needed one of these for a GoPro camera, and this is the one I chose as i think SanDisk is one of the most reliable brands.

Guerlain Vetiver Eau De Toilette Spray For Him 100ml
Guerlain Vetiver Eau De Toilette Spray For Him 100ml
Offered by PerfumeeUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smell!, 16 Feb 2014
I first started using Vetiver over 20 years ago. It struck me then as something distinctive and different, perhaps even a rare aroma that would make me stand out in a crowd. I just bought some more.

Time Out
Time Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Always sounds fresh, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Time Out (Audio CD)
Although this album has been around for over 50 years I am always surprised that I never tire of listening to it. Tracks like Take Five are real classics, and I would certainly recommend this album to anybody who loves music, whether they are particularly fans of jazz or not.

The Quintet of the Hot Club of France - The Ultimate Collection
The Quintet of the Hot Club of France - The Ultimate Collection
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any Django fan, 13 Dec 2013
This was a cheap buy and the 2 discs contain most of Django's classic tracks. The sound quality is pretty good for transcriptions from 78s and it is easy to get into a "Hot Club" feeling playing these tracks one after the other.

Kind Of Blue
Kind Of Blue
Offered by Mattpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
This is one of the great recordings of jazz. I can't imagine anybody who likes jazz not liking this album. It is pretty cool music and nice to relax to.

The Mixing Engineer's Handbook
The Mixing Engineer's Handbook
by Bobby Owsinski

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic textbook, 13 Dec 2013
One of the books to buy if you want to understand this subject. About half of the book contains chapters detailing the techniques necessary to understand how to mix sound, but the second half contains interviews with some industry experts who give you the fruits of their experience. For a subject that is more practical than theoretical, you will probably want to buy more than one book about mixing, but this one should be included.

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book Level Two (Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course)
by Willard A. Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars The next stage for the enthusiastic piano player, 13 Dec 2013
Having worked through Book 1 of the course, the logical next step is to buy this volume. It continues in the same straightforward manner as book 1, only the budding student knows that much more and the lessons are graded that much higher in demanding more technique and understanding of the piano. I think these Alfred's courses are great and worth every penny.

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course: Lesson Book Level 1
Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course: Lesson Book Level 1
by Willard A. Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to get you started on playing the piano, 13 Dec 2013
This book was recommended to me by my piano teacher. Starting to play piano for the first time in my fifties was a little daunting, but the easily graded lessons should enable anyone to make quick headway in learning the basics of piano technique, and there is a whole load of musical theory thrown in as you progress through the book. Well worth the money (not much) to buy this book for a beginner. But it is still best to take some lessons with a real teacher to make this book even more valuable.

Emma
Emma

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Emma (Audio CD)
I must admit that I had never heard of Pascual Gallo when I bought this album, which had been recommended to me. I am very glad I bought it, as it contains some uplifting and easy listening flamenco music. I found I played it over and over as there are some infectious tracks that can stand many playings.

Algo Que Decir
Algo Que Decir

4.0 out of 5 stars Good example of modern flamenco guitar playing, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Algo Que Decir (Audio CD)
Some nice examples here of modern style playing with 3 tracks including the singing of Montse Cortes. The addition of cajon, bass and percussion adds to the contemporary mood, and on one track we hear the footwork of the dancer Antonio Canales. Oh, and not to forget that Paco de Lucia is heard on another track!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4