Profile for Blitzwing85 > Reviews

Content by Blitzwing85

Blitzwing85 "Blitz" (Newcastle UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Transformers - Classic Animated Collection (13 discs) [DVD]
Transformers - Classic Animated Collection (13 discs) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gwen Wetzler

3.0 out of 5 stars OK set, but not complete! (no S4?), 27 July 2015
This is a decent release and a way to pick it up quite cheap - but it's not perfect. As noted, the packing is pretty poor as it stacks DVDs. They could have easily got all the discs into a case smaller than this without stacking, so it's a weird choice. (I have the X-Men collection and the box is smaller so they managed it). Also, there is no episode listing, which is annoying but it's easy enough to look online.

Also, it's noted that Season 4 is included, and other reviewers have mentioned it, but unless there are 3 other episodes cut, then Season 4 is NOT included in this set.
Season 4 consisted of 3 episodes, The Rebirth Parts 1-3. This puts the original series to 98 episodes. This box set only contains 95 episodes.
But, I haven't watched them all yet so maybe they cut 3 others (lets be honest, there are more than 3 that are awful...carnage in C minor? lol)
Without an episode list I can't be sure until I put all the discs in - but I'm guessing S4 is simply omitted and they are counting Season 2, as 2 separate seasons, when it's in fact 1 extra long season.

St. Louis Blues Women's NHL Majestic "Goal Cage" Split Neck T-shirt
St. Louis Blues Women's NHL Majestic "Goal Cage" Split Neck T-shirt
Offered by Collectibles of the Game UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality t-shirt, 27 July 2015
Bought for my wife so she could show support despite not caring about them, or the sport! But regardless she really likes the top, it's a great fit and it's a good quality item. The design is really good, I prefer it to a lot of the men's tops which I want!

Nail Varnish Display Stand Holds approx 30 bottles
Nail Varnish Display Stand Holds approx 30 bottles
Offered by essex signs & displays ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Paints, 27 July 2015
I bought this to store miniature paint pots in - It looks nicer than all the paint wrack's I found and was a lot cheaper too.
It's sturdy, looks decent and is the ideal size for storing paints. You can fit quite a lot on there, at least 8-10 in a row.

QUMOX Universal Portable monopod camera stand for SJ4000 selfie tripod stand
QUMOX Universal Portable monopod camera stand for SJ4000 selfie tripod stand
Offered by Locoisle777

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 27 July 2015
The connection to the camera is secure, and it holds it in place well. I haven't used it too much yet, but the overall quality is good. The only thing I'd have liked really is a wrist strap to secure it but I can easily put something like that on myself. The reason being is i'll be using it for snowboarding, and for pictures where it will be dangling over a cliff. Other than that, it's a good quality item that does what you need it to.

Automation Baby
Automation Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have asked for more, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
If you're already a fan of Mesh, then I guess you know what to expect here. All I can say is that it's right up there with everything they have done before quality wise.
Great beats, great vocals, great lyrics, great synth - just great songs all round.
Mesh may well be the most consistently good Synthpop band out there.

I have no idea how they are not known to a wider audience. I've been a huge fan of this genre for years and also of the harsher EBM genre but I only found out about Mesh very recently!!
I've since got all their albums because quite simply they have went from unknown to top 3 favorite bands ever.

They just know how to write a brilliant songs. No need to say any more. If you like this genre, there really is no conceivable way you could dislike this CD in my opinion.

And to make things even better, I've just found out about them just in time to catch them during their tour. Lucky!!

As the Dark Against My Halo
As the Dark Against My Halo
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 8 Aug. 2012
Fans of Cruxshadows will no doubt all be happy with their new release. It's been quite a few years but the quality is up there with everything they have done before.
In all honesty, there isn't a whole lot to say about it other than to state that it's a brilliant album full of great tracks from start to finish.
The music is, as always wonderful and the vocals fit perfectly - as per usual.

I was lucky enough to travel to Koln to see them at Amphi festival in July and they played some new material there. The 2 or 3 songs they played from this album were amazing and was all I needed to purchase it.
On that note - if you get a chance and haven't already see them live. Personally, I enjoyed them even more live than on CD and that's a rarity.

This album will surely fill the void of all fans that have waited these last 5 years and will no doubt make them some new ones too.

Deadpan
Deadpan
Offered by \/\/ WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET /\/\

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Deadpan (Audio CD)
For me, this album really showcases the best of the genre. It's very old school, but doesn't in anyway sound out of date. I'd put this album somewhere in the middle between Depeche Mode and And One - now considering how amazing both those bands are then that can only be a good thing.

Normally I have mroe to say, but I have ended up liking this CD soooo much that all I can think to describe it is; amazing, stunning, brilliant from start to finish.

I only got it because they are one of the bands at this years Amphi Festival so I checked them out on Youtube (do the same!!) and that was enough. It's one of the best CDs i've ever had and that's from someone who is a huge fan of all that EBM has to offer.

Good starting point is to check out the song 'Allegience' which is about all I needed to hear to know I wanted this

S.T.O.P. (Limited 2cd)
S.T.O.P. (Limited 2cd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better again? Really?, 31 May 2012
This review is from: S.T.O.P. (Limited 2cd) (Audio CD)
What is it with And One and making yet another album I enjoy even more than the last one I loved? Because they have just done exactly that again.
It's very much And One as you know and love them, but the music is deeper, and more varied in many cases. Despite that it's not a huge deviation, just feels like a natural progression once more into something utterly brilliant and enjoyable. Killing the Mercy is my favorite track, but they are all memorable.

If you already like And One i'm 99.9% sure you will really like this CD. For fans of the band, there is nothing to dislike about it. For others who find the music a little overly simplistic at times (the only negative i've had from people i've introduced them to) then I feel this album goes some way to overcome that without deviating from their trademark sound.

5/5

Vanity
Vanity

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, 30 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Vanity (MP3 Download)
Vanity is the debut album from Surgyn. And it can only be desribed as `stunning'.
I actually only heard of Surgyn when they were announced at Resistanz 2012 last weekend and it didn't take long on Youtube for me to buy their album.

I don't typically like the more harsh vocals sometimes used in EBM, Industrial and Metal and Surgyn do use it in most of their songs. Despite this, I find it fits well and they do have great use of samples and clean vocals too mixed in. Everything fits together perfectly with the synth and the beats.

I also think they have some great lyrics too, not usually a strong point in these kinds of bands but I enjoyed them here.
It's mostly quite aggressive music, yet remains incredibly catchy!

A lot of music genres become stale over time but I keep finding new bands in this genre that keep bringing out something new and fresh. Vanity certainly stands out among my collection already and I wouldn't mind betting it'll sound even better live.

My stand out tracks:

Sever, Aesthetics, Haemorrhage, Hit the Nerve...the latter being my favourite. But to be honest, they are all great.

One to check out.

Blood Brains & Rock'n
Blood Brains & Rock'n

5.0 out of 5 stars Horror themed dance/EBM without the cheese, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Blood Brains & Rock'n (Audio CD)
Well, I'm reviewing this and others as they often don't even have a review present.
Such a shame, given how much this genre has to offer yet remains unknown to almost all outside of some of Europe and Japan.

Blood, Brains & Rock'n Roll is the first full album from the band Zombie Girl.
As you would have guessed, a theme very much focused around horror, zombies and the like. Sounds cheesy, but isn't and that's why I love it.
Some very well used sound effects to go with the theme. Gives it some good atmosphere and the slower songs mix in perfectly with the more traditional EBM songs.
What Zombie Girl does here is offer something very unique and different, while keeping with the basics of what makes this genre so brilliant.

Songs like Creatures of Night and The Darkness are truly masterful. And then there is songs such as Creepy Caller which fans of artists such as Ayria will find plenty to like in.
Living Dead Superstars sounds like an EBM version of something Rob Zombie would release.

Overall, a mix of different songs that fit well. It has variation which isn't easy given the theme covered in the lyrics on every song.

So my advice is simply don't be put off by the theme here if you're not into that sort of thing. A fan of EBM and Synthpop in general probably won't find anything to dislike in this album and ,may just get a nice surprise like myself and love it.
Also, the vocals are great and I really like her voice.
Certainly one to check out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4