Profile for Mirabelle > Reviews

Content by Mirabelle

Mirabelle "zephblue2"

Hell's Angels (Penguin Sociology & Anthropology)
Hell's Angels (Penguin Sociology & Anthropology)
by Hunter S. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Bikerboy, 18 Dec. 2011
I first bought a 1967 copy of this book in the seventies, which is now falling to bits. So in order to read it for the six or seventh time I ordered a new copy. If you are happy to read it on the understanding that it is a very one sided version of events from Hunter S Thompson - it is a great read. You get a real feel and appreciation of what life amongst the original sixties Hells Angels must have been like, written by a clever and interesting writer in Thompson.
For a balanced and I would guess more accurate view of events you need go no further than original Angel - Sonny Barger's autobiography, in which references are made to Thompsons book, and from reading both - interesting comparisons and view points can be made.
For an acid tripping, drug and booze fuelled crazy view of the Hells Angels, and the best of all in my opinion has to be 'Freewhweelin Frank' by an early Frisco member Frank Reynolds. A great read, mainly I think because Frank comes across as wild, stoned and crazy as most of us imagine these guys were back then,

Dark Side of the Moon
Dark Side of the Moon
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 3 April 2006
This review is from: Dark Side of the Moon (Audio CD)
I don't believe I am having to defend Dark Side of the Moon as being one of the best albums of all time, but after reading the previous reviews I feel I have to set the record straight for anyone who has not heard this magnificent album and is considering whether or not to buy it - BUY IT!
This is in my opinion Floyds best album and one of the best, if not THE best of all time. All of Pink Floyds albums are brilliant for various reasons. Pre Syd Barrett 'leaving' were pure sixties psychedelic. Between Barrett and Roger Waters leaving was the golden age, with Dark Side of the Moon being the peak. Wish You were Here was a close second leading to The Wall which was I believe the last great Floyd album.
There really is nothing quite like DSOTM. 25 million sales and counting must say something!
Among thousands of albums I love from the sixties to the present day, if I was pushed to make a choice of 'best ever album' It would have to be Dark Side of the Moon.