Profile for DJ Destructogirl > Reviews

Content by DJ Destructogirl

DJ Destructogirl

FLASH SUPERSTORE APPLE IPHONE 4 4G 4GS 4S HD HD DIAMANTE PREMIUM CERISE PINK FLIP CASE/COVER WITH BUILT IN PHONE HOLDER
Offered by MobiFox
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty case but there's a huge flaw..., 23 May 2011
I bought this case on seeing the positive reviews of other buyers, but for me it's been a waste of money as I can't take photos while the phone is in the case due to the hole punched in the case for the camera lens being either badly aligned or too deep. The photos come out all pink with a slight white halo. Obviously as soon as I remove it from the case the photos are fine but then the risk of the phone being dropped or damaged increases. Not what you want from an item that's supposed to protect your iPhone but instead leaves you with no choice but to risk it being damaged, especially if you're at a gig. I've ordered a different case and I'm hoping it'll do the job. Don't be swayed by it's prettiness, you might as well throw 7 odd down the toilet and hold your uncased iPhone in your hand, the end result will be the same!

Rockstorm Junior/Youth Calvin Boot
Rockstorm Junior/Youth Calvin Boot

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but..., 27 July 2010
...the pleather coating came off the top part of the shoe after 4 weeks of part time wear! My son is disabled and his shoes don't go through the normal rough and tumble of his peers, so I was really disappointed. He says they are very comfy to wear and do give his feet good support, but unless you're prepared to get the black polish out every week to cover up the grey synthetic material underneath then it's probably best to go for something different.

Thermos Cool Tec Lunch Cooler, Blue (discontinued by manufacturer)
Thermos Cool Tec Lunch Cooler, Blue (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars One year on..., 27 July 2010
...and this great little lunch bag is still going strong! I bought it for my son who is now in his second year at secondary school and even with all the knocks in the school bag and all the times I've put it in the washing machine it still looks nearly as good as when I bought it a year ago, no rips or tears to the fabric.
It's very easy to clean with antibacterial wipes as the plastic lining can be pulled out to some degree, but I always put it through a 40 degree wash at the end of the week and it's held up beautifully.
It's a compact little bag and we had a bit of a squeeze getting a large 25 cm sports flask in so have now opted for a smaller 450 ml Thermos coolkids one as then it can go into the separate zipped compartment at the top and won't squash the lunch.
All in all a great bag that's sturdy, long lasting and worth every penny!

Acme Made Antik Pillow Case for Cameras - Wet Purple
Acme Made Antik Pillow Case for Cameras - Wet Purple
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional AND pretty!, 16 April 2010
This little case is an absolutely top buy for the more girlie customer who doesn't want a shocking neon coloured case!

The case feels sturdy and is mainly made of a rubberised plastic to absorb any shocks if dropped. The deep purple is a subtle metallic sheen and can be best seen depending on which way it's turned to the light, and the pattern is very pretty and tasteful. It comes with an optional detachable strap and a loop on the back of the case so you can attach it either way up to a belt if needed.

The main pocket is roomy enough for a slim digital camera and a couple of spare batteries/rechargeable battery (I have a Lumix FX10), there's also a memory card pocket in the main compartment and a zipped compartment on the front which fits my usb cable in perfectly. The case is also lined with a warm thick felt type lining which would also minimise shocks to the camera if dropped.

All in all a great little case for the money and as functional as it is stylish!

E-volve 12 and 13 Inch Flare Design Reversible Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Laptop and Notebook - Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars Left my new MacBook permanently marked., 5 Jan 2010
I bought this case for my brand new MacBook having been swayed by the pretty colours and design, BIG mistake!

I left my MacBook in the case overnight (purple side showing) and when I removed it the next day it had left a big black mark in the shape of the bit where you fold the top over, from the dye in the neoprene. I cleaned most of the mark off with a damp soapy cloth but there is still a faint outline that won't come off. NOT what you want on a nice white MacBook.

The case is also VERY tight fitting for a 13 inch notebook, which perhaps could be a contributary factor to the marking, although I wouldn't expect this from a case of this price.

If you have a black notebook (and don't mind battling for at least a minute to get the case on/off) then this case will be fine but avoid at all costs if you have a white or light coloured notebook. I have since returned it for a refund and if I could give this product zero stars, I would.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2010 8:45 PM BST

Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 450ml, Charcoal
Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 450ml, Charcoal
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy considering the brand..., 2 Oct 2009
I bought this for my son to take to school and within 3 weeks it had broken. The bit that you pour water into then place in the freezer snapped off. Unfortunately this renders the bottle unusable as it makes the drinking hole huge (way bigger than the mouth of a fizzy drinks bottle!) and stops it being leakproof.
Very disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2010 3:20 PM GMT

Weddings (Collins Need to Know?)
Weddings (Collins Need to Know?)
by Cathy Anne Howes

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful little book!, 23 July 2008
I bought this book today and so far am very impressed. I'm about 3/4 of the way through already, that's not so much because it's a slim book (it's over 200 pages!) but because it's very easy to read.
There are lots of lovely photos and brilliant ideas for food, wedding invites, and some beautiful words to incorporate into your vows.
The book covers weddings of all the major UK religious denominations so there's hints for Muslim weddings, Jewish weddings, Catholic and Christian weddings. There's also info about Humanist weddings for those who don't want an organised spiritual feel to their wedding.
The book also has 12 or so pages of planning charts at the back to help you get organised.
This book is a must for any bride to be and it's already made planning my wedding a lot easier!

Statistics without Maths for Psychology
Statistics without Maths for Psychology
by Prof Christine Dancey
Price: 32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 6 Feb 2006
I have no understanding of stats whatsover, and this book has been really helpful. It goes through using SPSS step by step, and shows you exactly how your computer screen should be looking, which is really reassuring. It's a set book on the DSE212 OU psychology course I'm taking, and it really has come into it's own. Brilliant book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2011 3:19 PM GMT