Profile for H > Reviews

Content by H

H "Helen" (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Ginger Ray Brown Kraft Spotty Foiled Gold Wedding Invitations X 10 - Kraft Perfection
Offered by Ginger Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Super quality for a good price, 24 July 2016
Considering that I know people who have spent the cost of this entire pack of 10 invitations on a single one, I admit to being a tad cautious.

However, they are on good quality brown card with a scalloped edge, the gold printing is lovely. Enough room. To write exactly what you need to say. When writing our RSVP details on the back the ink didn't bleed through to the front. Precisely what we wanted for our no-frills wedding! And my OCD is appeased with the coordinating other items (eg. Guest book)

SimCity BuildIt
SimCity BuildIt

1.0 out of 5 stars unplayable if don't in-app purchase!, 5 Jan. 2016
This review is from: SimCity BuildIt (App)
If you aren't happy to spend real money to get Sims money, the game is unplayable. Beyond the first 10 levels it is an absolute slog to continue to upgrade your city.

Nutley's 30 x 45 cm Hessian Drawstring Potato Sacks (Pack of 3)
Nutley's 30 x 45 cm Hessian Drawstring Potato Sacks (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep my vegetables in these to help them last., 18 April 2015
I keep my vegetables in these to help them last. I initially put them through the washing machine on the hottest wash (food contact - just to be certain); and then sticky-taped off the lose fibres. So very much better for carrots, onions, mushrooms and potatoes.

Mushrooms can get a bit fiddly, so I have a plastic box within the bag so that they don't end up rolling away when we play fridge tetris after shopping.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and doesn't look out of place next to my Alienware PC., 18 April 2015
The keyboard is lovely to type on; and I actually prefer the feel of it to my other half's razer keyboard. The keys are't back-lit, and a few of them don't actually produce the symbols you'd expect them to be (admittedly, I'm not typing essays on the computer it is attached to, so not an issue for me).

The mouse looks angular, but is quite ergonomic to use. I have a small palm and long fingers, and find it comfortable; a user with a larger hand-span might not want to use it for hours on end. The lights look very spiffy... but drain batteries faster. There are additional buttons on the mouse, but we haven't cracked how to macro them to specific functions yet.

Overall, a good product and excellent value.

Norpro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon, Set of 8
Norpro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon, Set of 8
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a little bit obsessed with the fine details in life, 18 Jan. 2015
I'm a little bit obsessed with the fine details in life; I often get a bit cross with a recipe that calls for a 'pinch' of salt or a 'dash' of chili powder. How big is a pinch? A dash? A Smidgen? Well, now I can measure it out exactly; as well as having all of the more normal measurements to hand.

BLACK LARGE LAUNDRY WASHING IRONING STORAGE BATHROOM BAG COTTON CANVAS SACK KIDS TOYS

1.0 out of 5 stars The handles can't cope with the weight of a Jumbo ..., 18 Jan. 2015
The handles can't cope with the weight of a Jumbo load and tore. But, it was cheap, so probably to be expected.

Bodum Travel Press Set Coffee Maker with Extra Lid, 0.35 L/ 12 oz - Red
Bodum Travel Press Set Coffee Maker with Extra Lid, 0.35 L/ 12 oz - Red
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought one of these for my other-half for Christmas ..., 18 Jan. 2015
I bought one of these for my other-half for Christmas to go with a coffee selection box from my go-to tea merchant. He has used this mug every morning since Christmas day. He's chuffed to buttons that certainly the first coffee of the day can be 'proper coffee' rather than instant.

I might just get the purple one for myself for use with leaf tea.

PacSafe 85 Secure Backpack & Bag Protector
PacSafe 85 Secure Backpack & Bag Protector
Offered by Urbane Traveller Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This mesh just slips over the top and padlocks nicely. Yes, 28 July 2014
This cost more than my bag and a fair amount of the contents - but I believe it is worth it.

You can padlock the zips of your backpack to your heart's content, but all someone needs is a pair of scissors and they're in. This mesh just slips over the top and padlocks nicely. Yes, if someone is determined they could sneak their hands through the mesh and start snipping away at your bag - but I like to think it would take too much effort for a thief to do that. It is possible to get it back into its little case, but to be honest it lives wrapped around my big bag.

Traidcraft Fairtrade Earl Grey 50 Teabags (Pack of 6, Total 300 Teabags)
Traidcraft Fairtrade Earl Grey 50 Teabags (Pack of 6, Total 300 Teabags)
Offered by Traidcraft

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better, it's also fair trade, 28 July 2014
Superb! A very strong Earl Grey with oodles of flavour. Even better, it's also fair trade!

Oliva Olive Oil Soap 600 g
Oliva Olive Oil Soap 600 g

5.0 out of 5 stars This soap is fantastic - absolutely nothing in here that my sensitive skin ..., 28 July 2014
This soap is fantastic - absolutely nothing in here that my sensitive skin will take umbridge to.

It doesn't get too foamy, but does lather up a bit on a sponge or cloth; it also doesn't get used up as quick as other soap bars I've tried in the past. I did try it as a shampoo (I have used solid shampoo bars for years), but it didn't really do much for me in that form. I haven't had to slap on litres of moisturiser after a shower/bath since I started using this product. The soap has a 'neutral' scent and once you're dry you can't smell anything but clean skin.

This is a very large block - and unless you've got really big hands, you're going to have to cut it. I personally recommend a junior coping saw to carve it up into sensible chunks. It will flake a bit while you're sawing, but save the "sawdust" and stick it in the bath during your next soak - it'll dissolve nicely.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12