Profile for Kimberly Grefberg > Reviews

Content by Kimberly Grefberg

Kimberly Grefberg "Lady of Quills" (Uppsala, Sweden)

Canon EOS 70D Camera - Black (20.2MP, 18-55mm IS STM Lens) 3.0 inch LCD
Canon EOS 70D Camera - Black (20.2MP, 18-55mm IS STM Lens) 3.0 inch LCD
Price: 917.82

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camera!!, 21 Feb 2014
I have only had it a few weeks, but I've already shot a short film with it, and I have to say I'm in love with this camera. The picture is so clear and it's so easy to focus and pull focus, and the touch screen is so helpful, because I don't have to figure out what dial or button needs to be used to do what in the menus. I haven't used the auto-focus yet, but after all the research I did before buying it, I know it has a great autofocus for filming if you don't want to focus yourself. The flip screen is very useful as well, so I can put the camera on a tripod in a place I can't really fit in to film and I have no problem seeing or working with the camera even though I'm in front of it instead of behind it.

I'm a beginning film student and this was my first major investment in a camera, so even with all the research, I was somewhat nervous of the purchase, but I am not disappointed at all. I couldn't be happier with this camera!

Rise of the Guardians [DVD]
Rise of the Guardians [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good movie!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rise of the Guardians [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film, it's so cute and so imaginative... My niece and nephews demanded that I watch it and I immediately fell in love with it. Very well done

Koolertron Stabilizing Video Shoulder Mount DV Video Camcorder Camera Shoulder Pad Pod Support Bracket for Cameras and Camcorders As Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus Etc
Offered by Kldeals
Price: 30.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good rig choice for women or big men., 21 Feb 2014
This rig isn't a bad choice for a man who has a flat chest, but women might have a very difficult time with it as I imagine would any man who is not of absolutely average size. I could not even use it. But, I sold it to a guy friend of mine almost immediately and he really likes it. It is sturdy and supports the camera well, it is not a bad unit, but you need to keep in mind the size limit. The arm that rests against your chest is on a pressure spring to keep it tight against your body, which is great for the average sized guy with a flat chest, as it keeps the rig in place and makes it feel secure, but it is downright painful if you have breasts or are a bigger, not so flat-chested person. I couldn't find a way to adjust the amount of tension on the spring, and the unit didn't come with any instructions at all, however, there may be something that makes this possible which I just missed. Again, it's a good rig and looks like it does an excellent job if you are the right size for it. I am only giving it a low rating to draw attention to my review so people of a larger size are forewarned.

Oh, also, the bag that this comes in is not a super durable bag, so if that's a selling point for you, don't plan on it lasting for all that long if you are going to be using it a lot. Hope this review helps! Good luck with your filming!!

DURAGADGET 14 inch Padded Camera Rucksack Backpack Bag for Canon EOS and PowerShot Range - Now with Rain Cover!
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good bag for the money!, 21 Feb 2014
I only received this bag a week or so ago, but it seems pretty good so far. It's durable, and evenly padded with adjustable separators for the different sections. The only reason I'm giving it four stars instead of five is because the little flap that goes over the zipper to keep rain leaking through as much as possible keeps getting caught in the zipper whenever I open or close the bag, and that is a pain. It hasn't gotten jammed in there yet, but I keep having to move the zipper back and forth to get that material out of the way. Not sure how that would even be fixed, really, but it is a difficulty that I'm having with the bag, so I thought I'd note it just in case it's relevant to somebody. All in all though, I'm pretty pleased with this item.

Straight Talk [DVD] [1992]
Straight Talk [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Dolly Parton
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration and good music!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Straight Talk [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
This is the kind of movie that is perfect for the times when you want some inspiration combined with some really good Dolly music.

Filmmaker's Handbook 2013 Edition, The
Filmmaker's Handbook 2013 Edition, The
by Steven Ascher
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a MUST HAVE for film makers, 8 May 2013
This book is an excellent book to have as a reference for anyone who hopes to make films. If you know what you're doing and just need a reference source or need some guidance to get started, this book is great! I highly recommend it!

Clueless - "Whatever!" Edition [DVD]
Clueless - "Whatever!" Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alicia Silverstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Best remake of Shakespear ever, 8 May 2013
I'm not usually one for adaptations but this is one of my favorite movies. Much Ado About Nothing is one of my favorite plays as well, so that may make me a little biased, but still I'd recommend this film to anybody just wanting to watch a fun, light hearted movie

How About You [DVD]
How About You [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joss Ackland
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly the feel-good film I was expecting, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: How About You [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this movie because of the other reviews here on Amazon said it was a feel good movie filled with holiday cheer and atmosphere. While I enjoyed the movie well enough, and I will say the cast and their performances were superb, this film should not be confused with a holiday movie meant to bring laughter and lightheartedness to your holidays. It is a decent drama that is certainly worth seeing at least once, but the unmistakable sense of melancholy that permeates most of the first 3/4 of the movie was almost enough for me to turn it off before watching the end. It's not a bad film, just not something to inspire Christmas joy and laughter, in my opinion.

Fantastic Water Workouts
Fantastic Water Workouts
by MaryBeth Pappas Baun
Price: 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive and simplistic but definitely a good resource!, 24 Aug 2009
This book was recommended to me by a water aerobics teacher, since there aren't any water aerobics classes available in my area. I was thrilled that there even is a book about this type of workouts! I haven't gotten too deeply into the book yet because of time constraints, but I do have to say that the preface and chapter 1 may as well be carbon copies of each other. Its several pages each talking about alllllllll the benefits of water aerobics and several things are repeated several times within both sections as well, which I found rather annoying. However, I've skimmed through the rest of the book and it seems to have tons of good information, with detailed descriptions so that beginners will easily be able to absorb it, but those who have been doing it for a while shouldn't feel like they are being talked down to. All in all, I think this book is worth the money and I'm very grateful it was written!

Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie Is Not the Answer
by Jen Lancaster

5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny treat, with no sugar added, 3 Aug 2009
This book made me snort, giggle and full out laugh. Every heavy woman in the world should read this book, certainly, but so should every other woman. It's a very real look at the struggles one must go through to lose weight, but it doesn't weigh you down to read it in the least. On the contrary, it's fun and inspiring to know that somebody else has also gone through the same thoughts and issues with their weight, yet always manages to think positively of herself. Great job Jen!