Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more
Profile for Kimberly Grefberg > Reviews

Content by Kimberly Grefberg

Kimberly Grefberg "Lady of Quills" (Uppsala, Sweden)

Page: 1 | 2
Man Of The House [DVD] [1995]
Man Of The House [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Chevy Chase

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 May 2015
Great movie.

Racksoy - Clapper Board Slate Clapperboard For TV Film Interview Movie 30 x 23 x 2.5cm

2.0 out of 5 stars so we had to hit it like hitting a stick on a rock in order to ..., 12 May 2015
The first shoot I did with this clap board was a 3 hour shoot. Halfway through the shoot the arm fell off and we lost the nut that holds it on, so we had to hit it like hitting a stick on a rock in order to get the clap sound. Other than this total failure, the clapboard is made out of decently strong material that seems like it could take a bit of a beating which often happens on set for some reason. The problem is that this was the only decent looking grease-pen white clap board offered, though there were several offers of this same board. If it's in your budget to order one from a film supply store, do that. This one is a waste of money.

Just as a side note in case the seller actually makes or orders these boards from somewhere: I do think the word "ROLL" should be changed to "Slate" as most film makers these days are using more digital film than actual film and everybody I know with a clap board that says "ROLL" on it has covered that up with a piece of tape that says "Slate". Another addition that would be nice would be a section to put the SD Card number. And if you really want to make it great, add a grease pen holder to the back of the board that is capped by and uncapped by whatever is holding it to the board.

XCSOURCE® Profeshional Portable Magnesium Aluminium Alloy Tripod Monopod & Ball Head For DSLR SLR Camera DV Canon Nikon Petax Sony Tripod Q-555 Max Height: 55.9", Max Load: 8KG LF393
Offered by XCSOURCE

3.0 out of 5 stars ... doesn't mention is that it comes in a very nice, sturdy looking bag, 26 April 2015
One thing that the description of this product doesn't mention is that it comes in a very nice, sturdy looking bag. I was very happy to see that when I opened the box. However, unfortunately, I ended up returning this tripod after trying to work with it for a day. I really needed a new tripod with a ball head so that I could do smoother panning shots, but even with the resistance level at 0, the ball was sticking. It was almost the same as having a regular non-ball head tripod. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the rest of it because my focus was on how smooth my shots would be, so I won't comment further, but I have to say I was disappointed.

Manfrotto 560B-1 Fluid Video Monopod with Head
Manfrotto 560B-1 Fluid Video Monopod with Head

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monopod - but it's not as sturdy as a tripod, so be gentle!, 26 Feb. 2015
I was really happy with this monopod when I first got it. The motion provided by the ball at the base was excellent, allowing for a smooth shot when panning. However, it hasn't even been a year yet that I've had it and I need to replace it. The plastic of the lowest position lock has a crack down the middle which means that it does not lock in that position any longer and the ball now catches when I try to pan, so it's a jerky motion. I'm very disappointed in it at the moment, mainly because I was so pleased with it to begin with. I'm very careful with my things, and I have no idea how that lock could have been cracked, however, in fairness, there is a very good possibility that that was my fault, so I don't want to fault the item because of that. My main disappointment is that it's not a smooth pan anymore. If I had a way to contact the company and ask for a repair on it, I would, but I haven't been able to find a way to contact them. Bottom line: Great product if you take good care of it, but eventually the ball may wear to the point of choppy turning.

Canon EOS 70D Camera (20.2 MP, 18-55 mm IS STM Lens, 3.0 inch LCD) - Black
Canon EOS 70D Camera (20.2 MP, 18-55 mm IS STM Lens, 3.0 inch LCD) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camera!!, 21 Feb. 2014
I have only had it a few weeks, but I've already shot a short film with it, and I have to say I'm in love with this camera. The picture is so clear and it's so easy to focus and pull focus, and the touch screen is so helpful, because I don't have to figure out what dial or button needs to be used to do what in the menus. I haven't used the auto-focus yet, but after all the research I did before buying it, I know it has a great autofocus for filming if you don't want to focus yourself. The flip screen is very useful as well, so I can put the camera on a tripod in a place I can't really fit in to film and I have no problem seeing or working with the camera even though I'm in front of it instead of behind it.

I'm a beginning film student and this was my first major investment in a camera, so even with all the research, I was somewhat nervous of the purchase, but I am not disappointed at all. I couldn't be happier with this camera!

Rise of the Guardians [DVD]
Rise of the Guardians [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good movie!, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Rise of the Guardians [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film, it's so cute and so imaginative... My niece and nephews demanded that I watch it and I immediately fell in love with it. Very well done

Koolertron Stabilizing Video Shoulder Mount DV Video Camcorder Camera Shoulder Pad Pod Support Bracket for Cameras and Camcorders As Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus Etc
Offered by Kldeals

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good rig choice for women or big men., 21 Feb. 2014
This rig isn't a bad choice for a man who has a flat chest, but women might have a very difficult time with it as I imagine would any man who is not of absolutely average size. I could not even use it. But, I sold it to a guy friend of mine almost immediately and he really likes it. It is sturdy and supports the camera well, it is not a bad unit, but you need to keep in mind the size limit. The arm that rests against your chest is on a pressure spring to keep it tight against your body, which is great for the average sized guy with a flat chest, as it keeps the rig in place and makes it feel secure, but it is downright painful if you have breasts or are a bigger, not so flat-chested person. I couldn't find a way to adjust the amount of tension on the spring, and the unit didn't come with any instructions at all, however, there may be something that makes this possible which I just missed. Again, it's a good rig and looks like it does an excellent job if you are the right size for it. I am only giving it a low rating to draw attention to my review so people of a larger size are forewarned.

Oh, also, the bag that this comes in is not a super durable bag, so if that's a selling point for you, don't plan on it lasting for all that long if you are going to be using it a lot. Hope this review helps! Good luck with your filming!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2016 3:27 PM GMT

DURAGADGET 14 inch Padded Camera Rucksack Backpack Bag for Canon EOS and PowerShot Range - Now with Rain Cover!
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good bag for the money!, 21 Feb. 2014
I only received this bag a week or so ago, but it seems pretty good so far. It's durable, and evenly padded with adjustable separators for the different sections. The only reason I'm giving it four stars instead of five is because the little flap that goes over the zipper to keep rain leaking through as much as possible keeps getting caught in the zipper whenever I open or close the bag, and that is a pain. It hasn't gotten jammed in there yet, but I keep having to move the zipper back and forth to get that material out of the way. Not sure how that would even be fixed, really, but it is a difficulty that I'm having with the bag, so I thought I'd note it just in case it's relevant to somebody. All in all though, I'm pretty pleased with this item.

Straight Talk [DVD] [1992]
Straight Talk [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Dolly Parton

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration and good music!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Straight Talk [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
This is the kind of movie that is perfect for the times when you want some inspiration combined with some really good Dolly music.

Filmmaker's Handbook 2013 Edition, The
Filmmaker's Handbook 2013 Edition, The
by Steven Ascher

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a MUST HAVE for film makers, 8 May 2013
This book is an excellent book to have as a reference for anyone who hopes to make films. If you know what you're doing and just need a reference source or need some guidance to get started, this book is great! I highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2