Profile for Mrs. D. P. Powell > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. P. Powell

Mrs. D. P. Powell "richanddawn" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sylvanian Families Carry Cottage
Sylvanian Families Carry Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 29 Oct 2011
My 12 year old daughter brought this with her pocket money. She is Sylvanian mad and she has been collecting for eight years and I don't think she'll ever stop collecting! She has had it a few days and I have seen her play with it every day so far. It looks easy to take your Sylvanian Families on a trip or on holiday. My daughter, being highly imaginative, has so far used it as a hospital, an orphanage, a prison, a house, and even a cafe! The only bad thing about this is that the catch is quite stiff to undo at first, which a small child may find difficult. It even has room in the attic to store furniture when it is folded up. You can't carry a lot of furniture in it, however! But with a little moving around of things and stacking furniture up, you should be able to fit most of the stuff in and close it with exception to very large items like a double bed etc. My daughter says it is not as small as it looks, and you can spread more furniture out onto the floor. This is a great first house, or as a holiday home that you can carry around if you already have Sylvanians. Usual high quality that we always get with Sylvanian Families, not your average plastic toy. I have brought many toys over the years and we still have Sylvanians as our favourite!

Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game Ever!, 3 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore (Mac/PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Spore is a great game, especially if your interested in biology and evolution. Yes DRM is annoying for some but personally it hasn't been a problem for me as I have only installed it on one PC. But seriously, for the price I think 3 PC's is pretty good value for the price. Anyway it's an amazingly (Addictive though) game and HIGHLY recommended! :-D

Staedtler Triplus Textsurfer 362 SB4 Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 4)
Staedtler Triplus Textsurfer 362 SB4 Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 4)
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but nothing special..., 17 Sep 2011
They are ok but they seem very dry so highlighting looks scratchy and uneven unless you go over it several times then it looks messy. Might buy again but overall not the quality I would expect from a staedtler.

Giant Chube Play Toy Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Rat Chinchilla
Giant Chube Play Toy Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Rat Chinchilla
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading
Price: 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 3 Sep 2011
I brought this for my two male Guinea Pigs and they love it! They can both pass each other in it (I really don't know how?!) and they play in it and nibble it all day. It's probably big enough for a small/young rabbit to get through but it is perfect for Guinea Pigs. It's made of thick, strong cardboard and animal safe dyes so it's edible. It's made to a high quality so should last at least a year before they eat it all! It's a brilliant boredom breaker they have stopped nibbling their hutch! Highly recommended buy it your guinea pig/rabbit will love it!

Staedtler Triplus Colour 323 SB10 Fibre-Tip Pen Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 10)
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 31 Aug 2011
It may seem a tad on the expensive side for 10 felt tips but they have lasted 5 years and they still work like new! They made to the highest quality and I would buy them again and again - that is if they EVER run out! They are the perfect thickness and all the shades are nice though I have lost the pink! Sadly, this set doesn't have a purple but still it remains 5/5 stars for me :)!

The Best Damn Thing
The Best Damn Thing
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.30

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album EVER!, 1 July 2011
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
Always been a fan of Avril Lavigne since 'Sk8er Boi' and so couldn't to get this CD (especially cos it was like 7.99 on iTunes and I was like uh NO way). But I was not let down by her! I love every song on this CD! It's very rare you can buy an album and love every song, but this is the case! Yes, some are better than others - No actually, they're not! I do have a favourite (I Don't Have to Try!!!!) however this album is REALLY great and I would recommend it to anyone who lives pop/rock music!

Good Housekeeping The Bumper Vegetarian Cookbook
Good Housekeeping The Bumper Vegetarian Cookbook
by Good Housekeeping

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vegetarian Book Ever!!!, 11 Jun 2011
My teenage daughter is the fussiest person on earth, doesn't eat this or that and only eats that if it doesn't have this on, and on top of that, our family are vegetarians (we eat fish, but she is super-strict and doesn't eat any non-veggie cheese or fish)!!! I brought this book, and just told her 'fold over the corner of all of the stuff you'll eat'. She came back half and hour later, and every other page was folded over!!!! We have tried so many of the recipes, and even she (being sooo fussy) eats them happily! Instructions are good, most of the meals are easy to make. I have brought so many vegetarian books over the years and this is by far the best!!! All of the family eats the meals, so no more cooking three different meals for everyone! Very satisfied! Food is mouth-watering! She begs me to make food from this book! If you are veggie or not, get this book!

LG VIEWTY SNAP GM360 - SIM FREE
LG VIEWTY SNAP GM360 - SIM FREE
Offered by UK Supplies
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good phone, 11 Jun 2011
I originally wanted a Blackberry Curve but it was very expensive and I couldn't afford it. This is generally a pretty good phone and I would defo reccomend it:
Pros:
- Looks really sophisticated and REALLY nice
- Great camera, with flash
- Speaker isn't too tinny when playing music
- Easy to text fast
- Homepage apps are cool and useful
- Internet relatively (well not really) fast depending on your network; but it's ok for the odd quick search whilst you're out and about
- Quite customisable
- Facebook app is ok

Cons:
- Not android
- Touch screen isn't very responsive (when you try to text someone it sometimes sends it before you can write anything so your mates get blank texts all the time, and its easy to accidently call someone)
- Its not a Blackberry =(

All in all its a really good phone, the option for someone who wants a good, stylish phone who can't afford a Blackberry or and iPhone. Much better than my old Samsung Tocco Lite. Pretty good value for money as well, it's good

Noughts & Crosses: Book 1 (Part1 of Noughts & Crosses Trilogy)
Noughts & Crosses: Book 1 (Part1 of Noughts & Crosses Trilogy)
by Malorie Blackman
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Practically Life Changing!!!, 22 May 2011
This book is really, really good. The prejudice is really kind of.....true! It really makes you take a look at the world and your life. I didn't know it was part of a Triology but it is and I cannot WAIT to buy the other books in this series because this book really was one of the best I've ever read. I am 12 and I loved this book, but I would really recommend it to teenagers and adults alike because it really gives a brilliant twist on the issue of Racism. Buy it!

0.4
0.4
by Mike A. Lancaster
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Like......WOW!!!!!, 26 April 2011
This review is from: 0.4 (Paperback)
I have never read a sci-fi book before, nor have I ever wanted to. But we had to read one for a school project. I chose this one, I was recommended this book by a fellow mate who liked sci-fi. Wasn't expecting it to be any good. But like WOW!!!! It is now one of my favourite books like ever! The storyline is gripping, and full of suspense! I can't wait to read it again, and it has inspired me to try out some other sci-fi books. Oh yeah, and Mike Lancaster, you have the most weirdest, wonderfullest imaginations like EVER!!!! BUY THIS BOOK!!! I am a 12 year old girl and I love it, my whole family have read it and they love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4