Profile for Dave Grounds > Reviews

Great Gizmos Yellow Classic Pedal Car
Great Gizmos Yellow Classic Pedal Car
Price: 190.80

5.0 out of 5 stars classic pedal car, 6 May 2013
My Grandsons face was a delight when he opened this car at Christmas.It is well made ,durable and my Grandson has had many happy hours of fun driving this car.

Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beset, 6 May 2013
This is a great read about a guy that has travelled an incredible journey in life. The book lead me through all of the emotions from joy ,sorrow ,despair,laughter,pessimism and finally optimism and without giving anything away he found somthing that I only found when I was down to basics trekking to Everest Base Camp.
In my opinion this is a must read book and not just for the story but also for the lesson to be learnt.
Well done Lee Bullen.

Dysfunctional Romance!
Dysfunctional Romance!
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional Romance, 3 Feb 2013
Share some hilarious moments with Barry and Sandra as these two are about as dysfunctional as the title suggests, this is a book that you could leave alone for a week, then pick it back up and not loose the story line, BUT you wont want to do that because once I started I wanted to pull my hair out when I had to put it down.
This has to be on your Kindle wish list.

Dogs Of War
Dogs Of War

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs of War, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Dogs Of War (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story though I read it in Nick Spaldings shorts (recomended)I found it a refreshingly different way to tell a very imaginative story.Nick Spalding is an Author that you should look out for especially on the comedy books section.

The Last Eagle
The Last Eagle
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Eagle, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Last Eagle (Kindle Edition)
I found this book engrossing from the time I started reading to the time that I finished it, its one of those tales that when you have to put it down because of other calls on your time you cant wait to restart the story. I will definitly try another of his books.

Spalding's Scary Shorts: A Humorous Horror Collection
Spalding's Scary Shorts: A Humorous Horror Collection
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Spaldings Scary Shorts, 20 Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this compilation of short stories and thought that each individual story was written with a unique slant to them. It was a refreshing change from the usual vampire drudgery in A Vampire Story,as is I, Zombie, then came my favorit Dogs Of War, kept me guessing and enthralled from start to finish, finaly Spine Slaughter, really toungue in cheek fun, and just in case you Spalding fans are worried ,then yes there is that Spalding humour to be found.

Love... From Both Sides: A Laugh Out Loud Romantic Comedy
Love... From Both Sides: A Laugh Out Loud Romantic Comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love from Both Sides, 20 Jun 2012
As always with Nick Spalding books you get loads of laughter and some of it a belly laugh not just a smile but there is a serious under current as well and he could be writing your story not his. You stop and laugh and think yeah it was like that for me. This book is a must and it's written from the unusual angle of his story and hers ,it's brilliant, If you aren't in fits of laughter check your pulse as your probably dead.

Life... On A High: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Sequel
Life... On A High: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Sequel
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars life on a high, 16 Oct 2011
Another masterpiece of anecdotal writing by this brilliant author Nick Spalding.If you are looking to buy a book that when you are reading it the rest of the world will think you have flipped your lid because your smirking away to yourself or even worse laughing aloud as I found myself doing then this Guy is for you.Ive just finished Life on a High which is the second of Nicks books that I have read and am about to start on Love from Both Sides and already know that I wont be dissapointed, but be warned reading these books in public could lead to you being carried away by men in white coats.If you havent sampled any of Nicks books I urge you to do so because you really are missing out on a very funny light hearted read.

Life... With No Breaks: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Memoir
Life... With No Breaks: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Memoir
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Life with No Breaks, 2 Aug 2011
This book and Author is an absolute must,once I had started to read it I couldnt put it down, its light hearted, entertaining and funny enough in parts to make me laugh out loud ,its well written in a unique way that I found very refreshing. Well done Nic.