Profile for Squeak > Reviews

Before the Storm
Before the Storm
by Diane Chamberlain

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 16 July 2010
This review is from: Before the Storm (Paperback)
I totally love Diane Chamberlain's books, I really enjoyed this apart from I made the huge mistake of reading the back of the sequel book which kind of ruined this one - feel I've learnt my lesson tho. Highly enjoyable.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2010 12:13 AM GMT

The Drowning Girl (MIRA)
The Drowning Girl (MIRA)
by Margaret Leroy

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it., 16 July 2010
I liked this although some of it was a bit unbelievable, like some of the other reviewers have said the ending was quite a let down & quite frankly a little bit odd but overall think it was pretty good. Not as good as a Diane Chamberlain read but in my opinion its far better than Jodi Picoults books.

Rush Home Road
Rush Home Road
by Lori Lansens

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it., 16 July 2010
This review is from: Rush Home Road (Paperback)
I really loved it. It reminded me of the colour purple but much, much better. My mum & nana also read it after me & they also loved it - we have never all liked the same book before.

The Girls
The Girls
by Lori Lansens

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 16 July 2010
This review is from: The Girls (Paperback)
After reading rush home road I was looking forward to this but I found it a real struggle to finish. I wrongly assumed that I'd be in floods of tears at the end but instead I was just relieved I'd finished it. Really wasn't my thing. I've read a few of Richard & Judy's summer reads, my concluson is they're liars as I haven't enjoyed any of their suggestions.

The Weight of Silence
The Weight of Silence
by Heather Gudenkauf

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good., 16 July 2010
This review is from: The Weight of Silence (Paperback)
I quite enjoyed this book. I was hoping for some really huge twists to happen towards the end, unfortunatly there wasn't any so it was a pretty obvious & predictable throughout but it was still good.

My Single Friend
My Single Friend
by Jane Costello

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down, 14 July 2010
This review is from: My Single Friend (Paperback)
Having already read the nearlyweds & bridesmaids which I loved, I was really looking forward to this one but thought it was very predicable & thought quite a few parts were very similar to the Sophie Kinsella shopaholic books. I didn't hate it but I suppose after the first two books my expectations were too high.

The Birthing House
The Birthing House
by Christopher Ransom

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time, 14 July 2010
This review is from: The Birthing House (Paperback)
Don't honestly think it deserves one star! Thought it looked quite good, how wrong could I be. Wasn't scary, it didn't even make a great deal of sense. The ending came across as extremely rushed. I've read quite a few rubbish books but this is probably the worst ever, still quite annoyed I wasted my time on it.

The Ice Cream Girls
The Ice Cream Girls
by Dorothy Koomson

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok., 14 July 2010
This review is from: The Ice Cream Girls (Paperback)
I thought it was just ok. I found myself cringing at the nicknames used between the sisters & thought some of the characters were really annoying. I didnt hate it but didnt think it was as good as the reviews made it out to be.

Little Miracles
Little Miracles
by Giselle Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 4 July 2010
This review is from: Little Miracles (Paperback)
Was looking foward to reading this but was left very disappointed. Didn't like any of the characters & actually found it a struggle to finish. The ending was quite sudden, a bit vague & came across as rushed leaving it up to you to decide the outcome.

The Lost Daughter
The Lost Daughter
by Diane Chamberlain

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 4 July 2010
This review is from: The Lost Daughter (Paperback)
Totally loved this book. I decided to read it after seeing it advertised in another book, I found myself gripped after the first page & finished it within 3 days, I just couldn't put it down. I've since read most of Diane Chamberlains books, I've enjoyed them all but this was my favourite by far. I would highly recommend this book to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3