Profile for Ms. M. Humphrey > Reviews

Content by Ms. M. Humphrey

Ms. M. Humphrey (Northern Ireland)

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 Sep 2014
Captured me from the start.

Croatia Traveller's Dubrovnik and Beyond
Croatia Traveller's Dubrovnik and Beyond

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry disappointed, 8 Sep 2014
I was disappointed. Used it while in Dubrovnik for a quick reference and although it guided me to the War Photo Museum which I was pleased to know about it did not provide the kind of detail I needed.

Purblind
Purblind

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't pass it by, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Purblind (Kindle Edition)
Purblind - I was riveted from the start. At some stage I will revisit it with less haste and more thought because it is an excellent tale - a mystery whose characters live and keep you guessing. The power of a good lie is well told and foremost among its considerations. I'm ready for Mike Philpott's next reveal - he has a lot to live up to.

The Owl And The Pussycat (Mini Treasure)
The Owl And The Pussycat (Mini Treasure)
by Ian Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 23 May 2012
Really happy to have a copy for a 5 year old who was going to see a performance of Owl/Pussy at Opera House, Belfast by Hiccup Theatre. Beautifully illustrated, she learnt to read it in no time because the presentation was so appealing. When we made the show it gave her the background she needed.

Bridge: All You Need to Play the Game (Collins Need to Know?)
Bridge: All You Need to Play the Game (Collins Need to Know?)
by Andrew Robson

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner's Bridge, 2 Mar 2010
I purchased this book because my bridge partner had it as a present from Santa, having borrowed it I read the first 2 chapters and found chpt 2 particularly useful. I have hardly ventured beyond Chpt 2 but keep referring to it in an attempt to master something of this new game. On this level I have found it helpful as a refresher reference before my weekly class. It is an additional benefit as my partner and I are referring to the same text.