Profile for Eddie > Reviews

Ellie Black Elephant Scarf in Biege
Ellie Black Elephant Scarf in Biege
Offered by SwankySwans

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
Bought this for mother for xmas. She loves it and wears it all the time. Brownie points galore.

Iron Man Real Leather Jacket/Coat (L)
Iron Man Real Leather Jacket/Coat (L)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket, 3 Sep 2014
Great, stylish, light summer drinking jacket. Sadly it doesn't make me look like Tony Stark.

NEW DAIWA POLARISED SUNGLASSES BLACK FRAME-GRY LENS DVPSG1
NEW DAIWA POLARISED SUNGLASSES BLACK FRAME-GRY LENS DVPSG1
Offered by Fishingmad

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
Cool looking, great value. Bought 2.

Out For Justice [DVD] [1991]
Out For Justice [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Steven Seagal
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

1.0 out of 5 stars Some people love this kind of thing I however can't stop laughing, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Out For Justice [DVD] [1991] (DVD)
Mr Seagull dons his "angry bully" persona, breaks his most fundamental martial arts teachings about not using his skills outside the ring, and destroys his local community. Employing all his familiar techniques such as slapping, corkscrews and a giant salami (I couldn't make this up) he roughs up everyone including an oriental chap who fights with sticks whose name is Sticks. Some people love this kind of thing I however can't stop laughing.

Heart Food
Heart Food
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars We are to blame, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Heart Food (Audio CD)
We are all to blame for the death of this girl. The female Bob Dylan. I am not prepared to argue or thrash it out in an intellectual manner. This album is so good I will fight anyone to the death who says otherwise. If you dont like girls listen to something else.Tingles? Emotional stuff? This is the real deal. Girl rock. Goddamn. Please Mr Jesus look after Judee til I get there. It wont be long. A stain on humanity for not appreciating this when she was alive. Idiots that we are. She knew that. But she loved us anyway. Me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2014 12:12 PM BST

Cause Of Death (Reissue)
Cause Of Death (Reissue)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is it, 13 Dec 2013
I am 42 years old and please do not read this as in any way apologetic. If I am honest I am in the midst of a full blown mid-life "crisis". Let me tell you a story, if you have the time, about why this fantastic album is, for me, not just the best heavy metal album ever made but the best album EVER. When I was a youth me n the lads were complete metal heads. Life got in the way of my metal purity as it tends to do. I look back with pride at my metal roots. We were total metal. I was into everything from Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult(Imaginos is a superb album), Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac (yes I like girls and lots of girls) to Napalm Death(remember I did not have the benefit of metal hindsight, I was into this when it happened) and Carcass(Symphonies of Sickness for Gods sake, why is Mr Bill Steer not invited onto Big Brother or Get Me Out Of Here???) with Metallica (Ride the Lightning was the first album I bought with my own money and it changed my life), Anthrax (first gig I went to was on their awesome Among the Living tour) Slayer and Megadeth as important to me as Iron Maiden and Motorhead and the rest. I have seen Hawkwind 14 times to date and consider them to be my favourite band.

However.

The best gig I have ever been to was in 1990 to Obituary on the tour for this album. I have seen many bands of many different styles. Festivals, raves (I absolutely love the Prodigy and Banco de Gaia and again make no apologies) and have tried wholeheartedly to expand my musical experience. But this album and the gig at Bradfords Queens Hall in 1990 was and is the best ever. Ever. EVER. The sheer heaviness. The fun. The quality of the moment. The unrelenting brutality and quality of the metal musicianship. The unpretentious and sheer unapolagetic metal bollox of the highest quality. The best ever.

Opinions. Like nipples, everyones' got them. If you dont buy this album you are not metal. Thats my opinion. Its not just about the album its also about the live experience. Thats metal. Thats music. And this is it. If you dont agree thats fine. Everyone has the right to be wrong and if anyone is more wrong than me then God bless you. This is the best heavy metal album ever made by a band who captured the moment at the right time in the right way better than anyone ever. Well done. And it still blasts today. Play loud.

Warrior On The Edge Of Time [VINYL]
Warrior On The Edge Of Time [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars instant heirloom, 15 July 2013
fantastic album given the proper remaster treatment. the sound is absolutely amazing across all of the cds. lots of lovely extra goodies but the best bit is the vinyl, double-gatefold album like dads used to rave about.

Revell 1:48 Scale MQ-9 Reaper Predator
Revell 1:48 Scale MQ-9 Reaper Predator

5.0 out of 5 stars dad loves it, 15 July 2013
bought this as a birthday present for my dad. he is very busy getting it absolutely perfect to hang it up next to his lancaster bomber.

Metallica T-Shirt Master of Puppets Größe L
Metallica T-Shirt Master of Puppets Größe L

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 22 May 2013
as i recently turned 40 i felt it was about time i had a full-on mid-life crisis. so i bought this t-shirt to re-live my teenage roots doing air guitar to metallica in my bedroom. this shirt, like the album, is very cool indeed. best worn down the pub to make other middle-aged blokes jealous.

ROCKET GST01BK Tripod Guitar Stand
ROCKET GST01BK Tripod Guitar Stand
Offered by Akord Technologies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars a good stand, 22 May 2013
bought 3. they arrived after a couple of days. these robust, cool-looking, matt-black, easy to assemble stands keep my guitar and bass off the floor or leaning against the wall. now when people walk in they say "oh, you play guitar?" or "oh, you play the bass?" i reply "no, you idiot, i just have them there for decoration".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5