Profile for Judith > Reviews

Content by Judith

Judith "alternative" (Middle England, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Remonte Dorndorf Women's Remonte Mary Jane Flats Black Schwarz (schwarz 01) Size: 40

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and comfortable, 18 Nov 2014
These shoes are smart and comfortable with a low heel. Can be worn with tights or thin socks.

Mens Boys Girls Long Peter Shilton Plain Football Rugby Hockey Socks 5 Colours (6-11 uk - 39-45 Eur, Black)
Offered by hosiery-direct-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Long long socks, 18 Nov 2014
These socks seem to be of good quality and are a good long length. Comfortable to wear.

Mens Tom Franks Striped Cotton Short Pyjama Sleepwear Nightwear Set HT331 (Turquoise) S
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked, 28 Aug 2014
My son is an Xsmall at the moment and is very fussy about pyjamas. Although too large, he is able to wear these and likes them. Very comfortable I believe and the elastic waist has an amazing amount of stretch. There is a tie at the waist too.

Minecraft (PS3)
Minecraft (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
My 13 year old son wanted this so that he could play on his own or play with his friends. As I hardly see him these days and he describes in detail at mealtimes what improvements he has made to his layout on the game I believe that he is very happy with the purchase.

Black Butterfly Classy Audrey Vintage Floral 1950's Rockabilly Swing Evening Dress (16, Black Small Rose)
Offered by Black Butterfly Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colours, 22 Aug 2014
This dress is fully lined in cotton. The red colours on the floral dress itself are really rich and the cotton material is quite heavy as I expected it to be. I ordered a size larger than I often wear as I am quite generously proportioned up top so the neckline does not lie flat but I can live with this. I was impressed with how much material there was in the skirt as this is an area where manufacturers could skimp. The dress obviously does need to be ironed before wearing as would any other posted clothing. I do not usually like matching belts on outfits but this one is much better than the average. I also like the fact that the zip is up the back as many original 1950s dresses have the zip up the side which I personally dislike. I have worn my mother's original 1950s full skirted cotton dresses in my youth and in my opinion this dress is a lovely modern version of the style.

Elsewhere
Elsewhere
by Gabrielle Zevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Optimistic, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Elsewhere (Paperback)
I read this book some time ago and have since lent it to friends dealing with bereavement. It gives me comfort in a non-religious way that there is more to 'life' than the here and now. It is suitable for anyone who wishes to consider what does lie beyond our knowledge without going into the 'heaven and hell' scenarios and gives an option for reincarnation which many people would like to believe in but which is difficult to rationalise. I really like this book.

Trivenisarees Green Crepe Silk Printed Saree - TSRH7215
Trivenisarees Green Crepe Silk Printed Saree - TSRH7215

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, 19 May 2014
A pretty, luxurious piece of fabric. I bought this for a bhangra party and had considerable fun learning how to wear the saree using youtube. It was perfect for the party as it looked the part without being gaudy.

Stagg MUS-A3 BK 3 Sections Music Stand - Black
Stagg MUS-A3 BK 3 Sections Music Stand - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfectly good product, 19 May 2014
The stands works well. I did slightly bend the top when it first arrived as I could not work out which way the pieces open out. You need to be careful and not force it where it does not want to go. Experienced musicians probably would not have this problem. However now it is up and working it is fine for my needs. It has various parts to lengthen and shorten the upright and the top tilts. There are clips to hold the music. It is heavier than I anticipated but the carry bag seems quite strong although I do not anticipate needing to carry it anywhere myself. A perfectly good product for the money.

ROCKET GST01BK Tripod Guitar Stand
ROCKET GST01BK Tripod Guitar Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 May 2014
This stand is being used for an electrical guitar my teenage son has recently started to learn. Keeps the guitar safe in his room.

Songs and Dances of England (Penny & Tin Whistle)
Songs and Dances of England (Penny & Tin Whistle)
by Liz Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 May 2014
I am returning to playing the recorder after a forty year lapse. I bought a beginners book first of all which was very good revision but have quickly outgrown it as I already read music and just needed to refresh my memory on the actual finger positions. This book is the next stage as I have no wish to learn anything classical and only want to play folk tunes for my own enjoyment. I am also trying to teach myself the tin whistle with less success.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5