Profile for Tara GP > Reviews

Spirit of Christmas
Spirit of Christmas
by Nancy Tillman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Spirit of Christmas (Hardcover)
Absolutely love this book. One of our family favourites.

The Rainbow Way: Cultivating Creativity in the Midst of Motherhood
The Rainbow Way: Cultivating Creativity in the Midst of Motherhood

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant!, 25 Sept. 2015
It's hard to be disappointed with this book because it cost me so little to buy but it's just so wishy washy and poorly written in places. It's hard to invest in the book unless you already revere the author because it's quite ego-centrical, all about herself and her journey and her wisdom. I struggled to finish it. On closer inspection I should have noticed that it would be an ego-fest because the other reviewers appear to have some connection to the author. If you want to label yourself a 'Creative Rainbow Mama' then you might find this book useful for anointing yourself, but I can't see how it would help creative people to embrace that side of themselves as mothers (and I am an artist myself which is why I read the book).

Things I Wish I'd Known: Women tell the truth about motherhood
Things I Wish I'd Known: Women tell the truth about motherhood
by Victoria Young

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 24 Sept. 2015
Not a bad read, easy to get through if a bit grating at times, but overall nothing you can't read online on people's blogs. Lots of them about covering the same theme and also some of the same content!

Bug Box
Bug Box
Offered by Toybroker-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a bigger one, 24 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Bug Box (Toy)
A lot smaller than I realised and the magnifying glass don't work when the creature is in the container.

Eco Babies Wear Green (Urban Babies Wear Black)
Eco Babies Wear Green (Urban Babies Wear Black)
by Michelle Sinclair
Edition: Board book

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing messages and not sure what age this book is for, 24 Sept. 2015
I really disliked this book. Not sure what age it's for as it's a small board book but none of the content is appealing to babies of young children because the language used isn't right. The illustrations are nice but not appealing to older children. Also the messages are confusing - why is baby throwing food on the floor captioned with 'baby likes to compost'? I have to make up my own words whenever I read the book to the kids.

Bomb Cosmetics Chocolate Ballotin Assortment Bath Gift Set
Bomb Cosmetics Chocolate Ballotin Assortment Bath Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little gift, 24 Sept. 2015
I bought this for my teenage sister and she loved it. A sweet little gift of decadence. Although she did say that she was reluctant to use the bath bombs because they looked and smelled like cakes.. So maybe I'll just get her cakes next time!

Naty by Nature Babycare ECO Nappies - Size 4, 4 x Packs of 27 (108 Nappies)
Naty by Nature Babycare ECO Nappies - Size 4, 4 x Packs of 27 (108 Nappies)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nappies. Highly recommend them., 24 Sept. 2015
Great nappies. Highly recommend them. Kinder on baby's skin and for the environment. Also work well.

Baby Tips for Mums
Baby Tips for Mums
by Simon Brett

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your money - mean about women/mothers, 24 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Baby Tips for Mums (Hardcover)
This book is really awful! It's unsupportive of mums and really just unhelpful. I suppose it's meant to be funny and if it was written by a mum maybe you could see that but since it's written by a man I think it's harder to accept that he isn't just knocking women, especially women who have had babies come out of them. Also there just isn't much thought put into it, feels like a bit of a rip off. I'd get my money back if I could. A crude and basic book.

Bad Mother's Diary: Laugh-out-loud romantic comedy
Bad Mother's Diary: Laugh-out-loud romantic comedy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not funny or original, 24 Sept. 2015
I read the other glowing reviews expecting more from this book but was disappointed by the dull humour and tiresome format. There are far too many of these sorts of books and blogs about nowadays - apparently all about how rubbish and hilarious motherhood is at the same time. All very unoriginal. Baby Me OMG also took me surprisingly long to read (for 'motherhood fiction') because of the format. If you find it funny to laugh about dull day to day happenings a la Bridget Jones but with tantrummy children, this book may be for you. If not, give it a miss.

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

1.0 out of 5 stars A terrible book, 15 Sept. 2015
This is a terrible book based purely on hype. So she's strict with her kids - what's the big deal? Apparently they love her for it anyway and it's all fun and games at home. I struggled to finish this book because of all the details in it about their family life, it wasn't interesting although 'shock jock'/drama-loving readers might like it. The message of it could have been summarised in a paragraph.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9