Profile for Neal Wood > Reviews

Content by Neal Wood

Neal Wood

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Leather Strap hook (Black)
Leather Strap hook (Black)
Offered by Hellfire Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use strap adapter, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Leather Strap hook (Black)
This is a very easy to use adapter for any standard guitar strap; I use this with an Ernie Ball nylon strap and it works great.

Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to HDMI Cable in Black 2m
Offered by Cable Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for playing HD movies to a television, 11 Jan. 2015
This provides a great way to connect a MacBook Pro or similar to a large HD monitor or television; I have watched a couple of movies with friends using this and have been very impressed. This will send both audio and video, if your computer port allows it; I had to change some setting in "Audio Midi Setup" first though (and change them back once I had finished using the monitor).

Shubb Guitar Capo - Nickel
Shubb Guitar Capo - Nickel

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite capo, 11 Jan. 2015
I have tried a number of capos and this is by far my favourite; they also come in a range of styles for different types of guitars. It is small and light and both easy to attach and remove. Most importantly it allows for pressure on the strings to be adjusted, which helps greatly with keeping the guitar in tune.

Solid State Physics
Solid State Physics
by Neil W. Ashcroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference text, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Solid State Physics (Hardcover)
This is a classic text on solid state physics. I work primarily in the field semiconductor physics and many of these chapters have proved useful during my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

Voodoo Lab PPAP Current Doubler Adapter Cable
Voodoo Lab PPAP Current Doubler Adapter Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality adapter, 11 Jan. 2015
This is a handy little adapter for powering high current digital pedal; if you have a pedal power 2 plus it will allow for a pedal to draw up to 500 mA (0.5 A). The quality is very good, as you come to expect form Voodoo Lab.

Physics of Semiconductors
Physics of Semiconductors
by B. Sapoval

4.0 out of 5 stars In depth view on semiconductor., 11 Jan. 2015
The book covers a lot of useful topics, and provides additional details in appendices for those interested in learning more. I have found it useful and have read it through a few times as a result. The topics do demand much of the reader, and if you are unfamiliar with the basics of semiconductor physics you will struggle to follow much of the discussion. Some esoteric sections could benefit from more discussion; however, these are topics for books within themselves, so I understand the brevity. Overall, I recommend this book to anyone interested in semiconductors.

Tensor Properties of Crystals
Tensor Properties of Crystals
by D. R. Lovett

4.0 out of 5 stars A light introduction to tensors, 11 Jan. 2015
Though brief, this book covers common applications and uses of tensors in Physics. The first edition has a dozen or so typographical errors, but it is definitely a lot cheaper than the second edition. I still found the need to consult a number of other books to affirm many of the salient points and get a firm understanding of the nomenclature commonly employed.

Sic Materials and Devices: SiC Materials and Devices Vol 52 (Semiconductors and Semimetals)
by Park

3.0 out of 5 stars Outdated but still useful, 11 Jan. 2015
The contents of the book are covered in other more recent publications and there was nothing in it that can not be found elsewhere; however, it is a useful read for anyone working in the field of Silicon Carbide. There were actually a few things that looked wrong to me, but perhaps someone can let me know if they found similar things amiss.

Trust Me I'm A Doctor Bottle Opener Keyring
Trust Me I'm A Doctor Bottle Opener Keyring
Offered by 1StopShops

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift item., 11 Jan. 2015
Nice item.

GHS Fast Fret Guitar String Cleaner and Lubricant
GHS Fast Fret Guitar String Cleaner and Lubricant

4.0 out of 5 stars I haven't been able to tell if it extends the life of the strings yet as I do not play as much as I would like. It is cheaper th, 11 Jan. 2015
I was sceptical of this product, but I decided to give it a go. I am not sure what it is made of but it has a lovely smell of marzipan, strangely. It definitely lubricates the strings and, after a bit of getting used to, makes the strings feel a little nicer while playing. I haven't been able to tell if it extends the life of the strings yet as I do not play as much as I would like. It is cheaper than other products and looks like it will last a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5