Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn More Learn more Learn more
Profile for Andrew Holmes > Reviews

Content by Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

iPhone 6s Plus / 6 Plus Case, Gear Beast iPhone 6s Plus / 6 Plus Wallet Case Slim Protective PU Leather Case Folio, 4 CARD SLOTS, LARGE INNER POCKET and Protective TPU Inner Case
Offered by Gear Beast UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and practical phone case/wallet, 14 April 2016
This is a very smart wallet and phone case combined.

The plastic in the ID window feels like it may not last very long, but I don't intend to use it for essential ID any way. The card slots seem much sturdier.

The rubbery material of the phone section seems to grip the edges of the phone securely. I'm also not worried about the back of the phone getting scratched in here, some of this style case have a very hard plastic shell that the phone clips into.

The way the case folds means that I can use the case to prop the phone up on a table. Ideal for watching streaming tv.

Overall, nicely built, practical and smart.

I received this product in exchange for offering my honest review.

XL PREMIUM 6 VACUUM STORAGE BAGS by ZIPPIT, Extra Large 100x80cm. For Clothes, Bedding, Duvets, Towels, Curtains and More. Double Zip Seal & Unique Turbo Valve Keeps Items Compressed For Longer!
Offered by Amazing Kitchenware

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge storage bags! Great., 14 April 2016
I wanted these bags to help organise storage at our holiday caravan.

These are huge! In the past I've really struggled to find something big enough to pack a duvet into but these make it easy. The duvet compresses down to a very thin package.

We also plan on using these to store towels, a quick test shows these don't squash down as much as the duvet, I guess there's a lower air to material ratio.

I struggled to get a great seal with our dyson vacuum. I think this is due to the shape of the nozzle (it's not completely round). The older vacuum cleaner we have at the caravan has a standard "hose" and this worked much better.

Overall the bags seem quite sturdy. The press lock is easy to use and the valve fastens nice and securely.

I was sent this product in return for an honest review.

Wrenwane® Shower Curtain Hooks - 100% Stainless Steel, Polished Chrome, Set of 12 Rings
Offered by Wrenwane UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Functional product, 29 Mar. 2016
I guess it's hard to get excited about shower curtain hooks... But these have managed to impress me with their build quality and finish. All twelve are of a consistent standard, the runners (like little hollowed out ball bearings) are smooth and run freely and the chrome finish is smart.

These are replacing a similar product on my shower curtain, the old ones (different brand) have gone horribly rusty over the last couple of years. I wanted to make sure I got stainless steel ones this time.

I received this product in exchange for an honest review. We would probably have bought them anyway (I was in a hardware shop with my wife when I ordered these!) as they are exactly what we needed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mabel and the Sock Pirates -  Childrens Picture Book
Mabel and the Sock Pirates - Childrens Picture Book

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful, 19 Dec. 2014
Great rhyming words, a lovely story and some fabulous illustrations to go along. I wish I could buy a print copy!

GoPro Tripod Mount (discontinued by manufacturer)
GoPro Tripod Mount (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by SmoothShotGlobal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Annoying Seller!, 21 Feb. 2014
The product does what it says on the tin, it successfully attaches to your go-pro and gives you a standard tripod mount...

I bought this from "Pure Quality UK", Fulfilled by Amazon, Very annoyed to find that the company is not VAT registered and therefore I cannot claim the VAT back, this may seem like a small amount, but the amount of hassle I'm going to get from my Accountant is going to be immense!

The Godling Chronicles: A Trial of Souls (Book 4)
The Godling Chronicles: A Trial of Souls (Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous continuation of the series, 27 Oct. 2013
I fell straight back into this vivid world, the characters are all brilliantly written. Geweys discoveries and trials with his power show a careful understanding of avoiding an "all powerful god" and how that would ruin the book. Bring on book five.

Zero Sight (Zero Sight Series, Book 1)
Zero Sight (Zero Sight Series, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 15 Aug. 2013
I actually gave up on this book, it jumps around from one unbelievable bit of action to another with little craft or care. The basis of the story was good, but I just found I could not enjoy it.

Recruited Mage (Samuel The Mage Book 1)
Recruited Mage (Samuel The Mage Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars I gave up!, 9 Aug. 2013
I read a lot, I read a lot of good books and a lot of not so good books. I very rarely have to abandon a book halfway through but that's what I've just done. The grammar is lacking, and sentence structure is awful.

The storyline shows promise and could be re-written into a much better book.

A Choice of Treasons
A Choice of Treasons

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci Fi that rivals the best, 10 Mar. 2013
This was the first of JL Doty's space based novels that I've read, having found my way to mr Doty via his fantasy and magical series.

I'm a huge fan of Dale Brown, Tom Clancy et al, and this rivals the best plot lines they've ever come up with coupled with some awesome characters that I can't wait to hear more from.

I'm now on my way to buy the next book!

Child of the Sword, Book 1 of The Gods Within
Child of the Sword, Book 1 of The Gods Within

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to enjoyable series, 9 Mar. 2013
I've recently read all of J L Doty's work, starting with this novel. I've enjoyed every page of every novel!