Profile for lollly > Reviews

Content by lollly

lollly "here's a toast to bread,as without bread,there'd be no toast!" (Portsmouth,UK)

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, 26 Feb 2014
Don't expect this book to really go anywhere, it doesn't! Although it does paint a painfully accurate picture of the mental health service in our country at present, and reveals behind the closed doors of a psychiatric hospital.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars okay read, 13 Feb 2014
Bridget returns true to form but this book can get slightly annoyingly repetitive at times! Good to catch up with her though, like a long lost friend still riding the waves of neurotic insecurity and instability!

The Moaning of Life: The Worldly Wisdom of Karl Pilkington
The Moaning of Life: The Worldly Wisdom of Karl Pilkington
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 14 Jan 2014
Love karl and his unique way of looking at the world and us strange human beings who inhabit it! Top read!

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars one day, one book, 9 Mar 2010
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
Absolutely sensational. I finished it this afternoon (Tues) and bought it Sunday.. probably the most funny, witty and yet utterly heartbreaking piece of fiction I have read in a long time. Do not be fooled that this is trashy chic lit romantic nonsense, it's the story of a beautiful friendship, and the power of everlasting love. I openly wept for the last thirty pages. I still feel strangely emotional about their story. I cannot honestly say a book has had such an impact on me, and I will feel slightly marooned without Emma and her Dexter in my life.