Profile for Jeff Clark > Reviews

Content by Jeff Clark

Jeff Clark "arfur_daily" (Shropshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tefal GV8962 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator, 2400 W
Tefal GV8962 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator, 2400 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't praise this enough in every way, 5 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a superb, exceptionally good steam iron, I reviewed a 'Polti' back in December 2014 which was clunky and took ages to heat the water to steam and also took some getting used to, this Tefal is in different league. It is light in use, has a long enough lead, its well balanced, the water reservoir is large and easy to fill and very easy to see how much water is there too. The steam generates very quickly and is powerful and penetrates well into the fabric. There are only three settings Normal Delicate and Jeans. There is very little use for the comprehensive instructions as everything seems intuitive. There is a clip that secures the iron and prevents it falling from the base, when no in use - which also allows the whole kit to be lifted using the handle of the iron - its so well thought out and convenient.
We don't have a huge ironing board the base is just 120cm x 38cm and the place for the iron is 33cm x 20cm the base unit fits securely and comfortably in its allocated space. There is also an innovative 'Calc Collector' which is a length of shaped (stainless?) steel and serves to collect any calcium deposits, it just pull out and washes off. I have yet to use this but since we don't suffer furred up kettles etc, I probably won't get to either.
In the past, my Wife has always shied away from these steamers which have always seemed far too cumbersome and heavy to use, this has changed her attitude towards them and she thinks this is adorable.

Komputerbay 128GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 60MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 128 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kit, 3 Mar. 2016
Works as expected, delivered quickly well priced.

iPad For Dummies
iPad For Dummies
by Edward C. Baig

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid starter if you have just got or are thinking of getting an iPad, it's well priced, well written and very well presented, 28 Feb. 2016
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straight off the USA shelves but nonetheless informative for it. A really must have instruction manual that could be supplied with a new machine for a new user. Old hands won't get much out of this, but it's full of help, diagrams photos and instruction for the newby. Even the iPad pro gets a passing mention although a little more could have been made of it.
A solid starter if you have just got or are thinking of getting an iPad, it's well priced, well written and very well presented in plain English.

The Telegraph: All New Quick Crosswords 9 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
The Telegraph: All New Quick Crosswords 9 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
by THE TELEGRAPH MEDIA GROUP

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, do a crossword! 'Brain lilt', 28 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent book of quick crosswords, not overly taxing not too simple - a goldilocks collection - brilliant for picking up when one has five minutes. Only one gripe about the paper, it allows the transfer of ink through to the crossword beneath, so press lightly! Otherwise an excellent distraction.

SkimProt Guard for Bank Card
SkimProt Guard for Bank Card
Offered by Luxorama Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gadget, Five stars if I could test it!, 28 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Anything that helps prevent this nasty crime has to be worth a try. Initial thoughts were how do I test this? And I still don't have an answer so I am just going to have to trust it, if it doesn't work I will be back editing IN CAPS!
Fixing it to the card is not made easier with the template unless the card is shoved in really deep so the top edge lines up perfectly with the edge of the template, I didn't and I had a bit of an edge hanging over which won't do at all, it must be an exact fit or ATM's will reject it. Having said that once it's lined up properly it's a breeze to fix and it stays there - although, if it is rejected the strip cover can be removed and presumably re-applied but mine has been accepted everywhere I have used it, never being rejected or questioned. It makes me wonder why Banks are still leaving the strip which is open to skimming, on the card? If nothing is using it except the skimmers, why have it available at all? which of course makes a market for this gadget - I suppose that somewhere there is someone with a legal swipe machine, I just haven't found him yet!

If I Can Dream: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
If I Can Dream: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

4.0 out of 5 stars Even if you aren't an Elvis fan, you'll enjoy this..., 23 Feb. 2016
I am not an 'Elvis' Fan, my wife wanted this - but its really good, I enjoyed almost every track, the RPO have hit exactly the right moods for every track, most enjoyable

The Hurley Maker's Son
The Hurley Maker's Son
by Patrick Deeley

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read - brilliant!, 23 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Hurley Maker's Son (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I seem to be choosing 5 star stuff lately, and this in no exception. I have come across Mr Deeley's poetry, and its not for me so I was rather sceptical about reading this biographic work. I need not have worried, the writing style couldn't be more likeable, I am giving nothing away, you have to read it for yourself, but I found it difficult to put down and I was soon reading it in a soft Irish lilt - couldn't help it, it just falls off the page so easy to stay with, a must read - brilliant!

Lifelong Dog Food, Lamb and Rice for Adult Dogs, 15 kg
Lifelong Dog Food, Lamb and Rice for Adult Dogs, 15 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, wholesome and competitively priced, 15 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You don't need me to bore you with the contents, they are all written above these reviews, what you want to know is it palatable, wholesome and value for money. I was asked to review two varieties of this brand of dog food, and to be fair, they are both excellent and I have nothing really to say different about either this product or the Turkey and Rice variety, so there is no difference in my review for either.
The palatability was proven well when our 16½ year old Bitsa climbed over a chair an exercise machine and a Rottweiler to get into the bags, showing no preference for either, he was doing his best to empty them when he was found out! The much better behaved Rott was busy trying to ensure the floor around the bags was kept clean.
The Wholesomeness is subjective, we don't like feeding preservatives and unnecessary additives so we feel, yes it is.
In comparison to similar products the price is very competitive.
So if you work with these three basic criteria, we have a yes yes yes answer. It also smells nice.
JC

Teach Yourself Visually OS X El Capitan (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually OS X El Capitan (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Paul McFedries

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, excellent layout I can't see how it could be bettered or not useful in some way to every user novice or ninja!, 15 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My reviews items late seem to be hand picked for me, this is a sumptuous instruction manual, filled with full colour examples with every aspect a beginner to Apple OS could want to get started. This would be very helpful were it included with each purchase of an Apple computer with El Capitan.

by Jackie Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, wonderful a must have huge short story, 15 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Queen of the Sky (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sometimes as soon as a book is picked up, there is an instinctive feeling that it is a one off, a beautifully written and even more wonderfully illustrated volume that you just will not want to put down and can't wait to show it to like minded folk. Well this falls into that category, not a huge read, but superbly crafted from cover to cover. Jackie Morris is a marvel, her genius is in bringing life to two-dimensional paintings and she hasn't failed to do so with the Peregrine portraits and drawings that make this book come to life in the readers hands.
The well told story is about a Pembrokeshire Peregrine that would surely have died had it not been for somebody being in the right place at the right time, and how the bird was returned to a better condition, but its not just the magical way in which Jackie Morris tells the story, it is the combined story and illustrations that make this book very special indeed. The last line in this book is "Because some stories just demand to be told" Well, in my opinion, this book just demands to be read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20