Profile for Mr. Timothy P. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. Timothy P....

Mr. Timothy P. Smith (Wombourne, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
We
We

5.0 out of 5 stars A Super SciFi Classic, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: We (Kindle Edition)
Until recently, Zamyatin was unknown to me but I was intrigued after reading his short story, The Cave, which led me to this novel. Although written in the 1920's it is startlingly relevant and in any case superbly written. I cannot understand why it is not as renowned as Brave New World and 1984 which it predated and in many aspects outclasses. It is a classic.

Draper 13961 10 mm Cable Staple (Box of 1000)
Draper 13961 10 mm Cable Staple (Box of 1000)

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong staples, 26 Mar 2013
I chose these staples because they were described as often purchased with the Draper Expert Staple Gun Tacker but they don't fit it

Draper Expert 13951 Staple Gun Tacker
Draper Expert 13951 Staple Gun Tacker

4.0 out of 5 stars Good with the correct staples, 26 Mar 2013
Do not purchase this with the suggested ancillary staples because the ones suggested do not fit it and are a waste of money

Draper 13962 14 mm Cable Staples (Box of 1000)
Draper 13962 14 mm Cable Staples (Box of 1000)

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong staples, 26 Mar 2013

Stagestruck: 11 (Peter Diamond Mystery)
Stagestruck: 11 (Peter Diamond Mystery)
by Peter Lovesey

5.0 out of 5 stars first rate police procedural novel, 23 Jun 2012
'Stagestruck' is one of the best Peter Lovesey crime novels (I have bought and read many others by him). In 'Stagestruck' he achieves many twists and turns in the plot so that the ending is a surprise. The picture he presents of a struggling theatre coping with the histrionic vanities of its actors, director, producer and sundry hangers-on against a background of murder is hugely entertaining.

Jaxon Hats Oilcloth Bucket Hat Black Large
Jaxon Hats Oilcloth Bucket Hat Black Large

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Product, 2 Jan 2012
the Jaxon Oilcloth Bucket Hat is serving me well in the current bad weather and I am pleased that I purchased it. It folds up conveniently and can be put into a pocket so that unforeseen showers cease to be a problem.

How It All Began
How It All Began
by Penelope Lively

5.0 out of 5 stars Lively At Her Best, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: How It All Began (Hardcover)
Penelope Lively is a supreme story teller and 'How It All Began' is her finest novel yet. Its sensitive portrayal of ageing is as moving as it is perceptive. She is a major writer and long may she continue to produce books like this.

6" Bully Sticks Select 30 pieces Odor Free Sealed
6" Bully Sticks Select 30 pieces Odor Free Sealed
Offered by EXPRESS PET SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars super service, 20 Nov 2011
I've bought these before from Happy Dogs Place and once again I'm delighted with the swift delivery and top quality of the product. It amazes me that a cross Atlantic transaction can be so trouble free (and cheaper than local offerings.) My Standard Poodle, Freckle, is similarly pleased, in fact she's a happy dog!

A History of the World in 100 Objects
A History of the World in 100 Objects
by Neil MacGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding history, 23 Dec 2010
I've almost finished reading this (very long) book and every section has been enlightening and new. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to read something serious and thought-provoking but never dull.

The Needs Of Strangers
The Needs Of Strangers
by Michael Ignatieff

3.0 out of 5 stars relatuvely Hume free, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Needs Of Strangers (Paperback)
This is a respectable piece of scholarship but I bought it because I was persuaded that it had something fresh regarding the death of David Hume, the great Scottish philosopher and sceptic. However, it merely repeated what I have read elsewhere. So, I was disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2