Profile for Dr K Hindley > Reviews

Dr K Hindley

A Year of Miracles: Daily Devotions and Reflections
A Year of Miracles: Daily Devotions and Reflections
Price: 6.87

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book to help you not forget on a day to day basis in which direction to head!, 5 Mar 2014
I found this book really helpful in staying focused day to day. Whenever I felt I got into a negative frame of mind I read a few pages and it would set me right again. Invaluable!

The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
by William Sears
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A compassionate and practical book, 12 Jun 2013
Recently an article in the telegraph declared its ok to let your babies cry it out because it teaches them to self-soothe. I am a child psychologist and I despair when I see articles like that. As Elizabeth Pantley points out your own children will instinctively run to comfort a crying baby. Most parents hearts tell them to attend to a crying baby not leave it alone in the dark to figure out how to fall asleep! However most parents, myself include have felt in the desperation of sleep deprivation that they will do ANYTHING to get some sleep and if that means leaving them to cry then you might just try it! I implore you not to because there is another way thankfully and you don't have to put yourself and your baby through that terrible experience! This book is both compassionate and practical. It's even easy enough for the most sleep deprived among us to be able to follow! My baby started sleeping through a month after reading this and I only had to do a couple of modifications. The best thing was I didn't have to do anything I wasn't comfortable with and I felt finally someone was giving permission for me to feel that I could follow my instincts with my child! My own mother kept telling me I was too soft but this book restored my faith in my own intuition as a parent. I am very grateful for the restoration of sanity that this book brought!

Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine 8.5 oz
Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine 8.5 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best shampoo I have ever used, 14 May 2013
I tried this shampoo at my mums house thinking it was very overpriced! But the effect it had on my hair was stunning and I bought some for myself to see me through my post pregnancy bad hair phase! It's been great and I didn't suffer from bad hair at all thanks to this shampoo. It also lasts ages making it even better value for money!

The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Good Behavior Without Whining, Tantrums, and Tears: Foreword by Tim Seldin (Pantley)
Price: 6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really excellent series, 26 April 2013
I am a child psychologist and yet struggle with the same dilemmas everyone does with my own children! This book is full of patient, caring solutions to everyday difficulties that I find really useful!