Profile for Ashish Kulkarni > Reviews

Content by Ashish Kulkarni

Ashish Kulkarni "www.ashishkulkarni.com" (Stirling, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ronhill Trail Tempest Jacket red Racing Red/fluo Yellow Size:FR : L (Taille Fabricant : L)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect light weight waterproof jacket to run in the rain!, 18 Nov. 2015
Bought this jacket from local run4it shop. I wish I had bought it on Amazon as it is nearly £50 cheaper here.

Anyway, I bought the jacket as I was going to run outdoors.

I tried it today for the first time in torrential rain. And I was bone dry despite a 5K run in the rain.

The jacket keeps you warm, wicks the sweat away and keeps you dry. The hood fits nicely over a baseball cap.

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scales - Black
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scales - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Average product. Fantastic support. Won't recommend., 7 Oct. 2015
I have had the FitBit Aria for over a month now. I feel with products like this, you need to have them for a certain amount of time before you can write an honest review.

To start with, here are the steps to set it up:

1. Create fitbit account if you don't have one. It is free.
2. Make sure you have wifi. Aria needs wifi. You will need your wifi password. And your computer will need to be connected to the internet using wifi and not etherner cable.
2. Unpack Aria. Batteries are included!!! At £99.99, that is the least you would expect anyway.
3. Make sure it's batteries are plugged in properly and remove the plastic bit that it comes with to prevent batteries from draining before use.
4. At this point, you will see "Setup Active" message flashing.
5. Use your laptop or desktop and visit http://www.fitbit.com/start
6. Select Aria Setup
7. Select Web based Setup
9. You will need to provide name for your Aria scale (something like Aria should do), your initials, Fitbit account details, etc.
10. Keep clicking continue until you are asked to connect to Aria's Wifi

This bit may sound a bit technical. What you need to do is look for Wifi Connections. You will see one starting with Aria. Choose to connect to that for now.

9. At this point, you will be using the software on your Aria. It will detect all available wifi connections. Choose your one.
10. You will need to provide wifi password.
11. After this, your fitbit aria will be connected to the internet. You can then connect your computer back to your own wifi.

You are done setting up Aria.

Now, the real review.

When I got Aria first, I felt that it was a bit inaccurate. And it actually was giving me different readings just a minute apart.

So why the 5-star review you may ask. I am coming to that.

I reported the problem to Fitbit Support. I received first email response in 2 days. At that point, I didn't hold much hope.

However, after 2 email exchanges, Fitbit sent me a replacement Aria.

There was a problem with the replacement too - it was not reporting body fat percentage at all.

Again, I reported the issue and got a second replacement.

I am happy to report that the new Aria works perfectly!

If there is anything wrong with Aria, you can be rest assured that Fitbit support will either help you sort it or give you a free replacement - no questions asked.

And that my friends is the reason for this 5-star review.

I would definitely recommend it.

UPDATE 19-Oct-2015

Unfortunately even the 3rd set of scales has developed the same issue. The weight fluctuates by about 4 to 6 pounds between 2 weighings - just 2 minutes apart.

I simply use my common sense to figure out which of the two readings is realistic and use that and delete the other.

Won't recommend Aria any more despite fantastic support from Fitbit.

Updated rating from 5-star to 2-star.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2015 2:12 PM GMT

Photive PH-BTE70 Wireless Bluetooth Earphones. Sweatproof Secure Fit Wireless Headphones Designed to Stay in your Ears

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wireless Earphones - Battle tested over a Half Marathon, 6 Oct. 2015
After trying many different wireless earphones including MPow's ones, I searched for "Bluetooth Earphones with Earhooks". And these popped up along with Dr.Dre's Probeats 2.

The MPow ones kept slipping out of my ears despite me trying various attachment combinations when running even on treadmill.

Rather than spending the £170 that the Dr.Dre's are going for, I decided to go for these earphones.

I placed the order on Friday evening and they promptly arrived on Saturday which was just as well as I was running a half marathon on Sunday!

They came with enough charge. However, I still put them on charge just to be safe.

The next thing I did was I paired them with my phone and tried playing my running playlist.

I was very happy with the sound quality. Compared to the MPows, they have a much deeper bass.

During the 3K run on a treadmill, they stayed in place. I found them to be much more comfortable as I was not pushing them into my ear. Rather, they were lightly resting on top of my ear using the earhook.

On Sunday, I wore them during my half marathon. And they stayed in place for the entire duration.

There was no discomfort even for that distance / duration. I did sweat however, these earphones are sweat-proof. So they are not affected at all.

Pros:

Lightweight
Comfortable
Good sound quality
Come with a nice mesh pack to hold them unlike the MPows that come with no box or pack

Cons:

More expensive than MPows but well worth it

They also come with a microphone. I called my friend from 11 Mile point to find out where he was. He had already finished. We were able to have a conversation while I was running outside wearing these.

These are good for both indoor and outdoor use. I would definitely recommend them.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2016 10:44 AM BST

Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness Super Watch
Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness Super Watch
Price: £156.00 - £344.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to track your fitness goals, 13 Aug. 2015
Due to all the negative reviews, I decided to give it some time before writing the review.

I do CrossFit, Les Mills BodyPump and some aerobic work at the gym such as Treadmill and Crosstrainer.

By no means am I a top athelete. I am just an average joe looking to get fitter.

The reason I went for Surge and not Charge HR is because Surge also gives GPS tracking.

So far I have used Surge during CrossFit, BodyPump, at the gym, while doing some trekking, hiking and walking and climbing stairs.

As far as reporting my heart rate, calorie burn, etc. during the above activities is concerned, I am very happy with Surge. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.

I have tried GPS tracking during some of my walks and treks. And it has been accurate and gives excellent reports.

The online dashboard is free and is a great way to track your food and water intake.

You can setup targets and also, hook up with and challenge your friends who have FitBits. It keeps the competition going and is good fun.

It tracks the heart rate from the wrist and is fairly accurate. It's calorie count is not too bad. And it counts floors climbed reasonably accurately.

I have also bought FitBit Aria but will give some time before I review that.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend FitBit Surge.

Update: 07-Oct-2015

I used my Surge during a Half Marathon. It accurately reported my time, heart-rate and average speed as well as, speed per mile. This helped me plan my run much better.

Garmin nuvi 2577LT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe and North America Maps and Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Satnav for UK and US, 11 Aug. 2015
We have used this satnav in UK as well as, in US. However, it was not until we decided to use it for a road-trip in the US that we got full use of this satnav.

It is accurate to within a couple of feet. And regardless of whether we were driving in UK or US, it found satellite signal and accurately navigated for us.

It had a few funny turns a couple of times where there were roads on top of roads and it could not figure out which road we were on. However, other than that, whether we were driving on M8 or M1 in UK or I10 or I75 in US, it navigated accurately.

When we had to find a place to stay, again, the satnav was able to guide us to the nearest B&B. Same with restaurants, fuel pumps or places of interest.

Given that companies like Alamo charge USD 100 for renting out a satnav for 2 weeks, we have more than recovered the cost in just 2 trips to the states.

I would definitely recommend.

Cbak Chute Bottle - Indigo, 1 Litre
Cbak Chute Bottle - Indigo, 1 Litre
Offered by Singletrack Distribution Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great BPA free bottle, 29 July 2015
Great bottle. It is BPA free. The lid stays attached so you can never lose it. Easy to fill and easy to drink out of. Loved it so bought 2 of them!

Inov-8 Mudclaw 300 Fell Running Shoes (Precision Fit) - AW15 - 7
Inov-8 Mudclaw 300 Fell Running Shoes (Precision Fit) - AW15 - 7
Offered by Millets Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of trail / fell / hill running shoes, 16 Jun. 2015
I have a confession to make. I originally ordered these from Amazon but cancelled the order. I got immediate refund.

I then bought them from the local run-4-it shop.

Nevertheless, these are excellent pair of shoes for trail / fell running or walking.

Took them out for a trail on a local hill and managed to cut my time from 2 hour 28 mins to 1 hour 59 mins!

They have a great grip especially when there is mud all over the place. Great grip both going up and down hill on grass, mud and loose ground.

UPDATE - 21-June-2015

I used these shoes for Tough Mudder in Scotland today.

The course was about 50% covered in upto 4 inches of mud. Obstacles such as Mud Mile 1 and 2 and Quagmire were even more mud especially, the 2 Mud Miles.

Seasoned runners were slipping all over the place with their Asics, Nikes, Adidases, etc. which were trail running shoes of these brands. With the amount of wet mud, my Inov-8 Mudclaw 300 allowed me to sail through the mud as if I was walking on plain ground.

They simply eat up any terrain and give you amazing amount of grip!

Ideal for Tough Mudder, Spartan and any similar events.

Koolertron Unisex Mens Womens Professional Black Large Light Weight Holdall Bag Club Team Sports Bag Gym Travel Work Duffle Weekend Everyday Shoulder Bag Equipment Bag With Adjustable Strap To Hold Sports Shoes And Basketball Bag BirthDay Gift for Him & Her
Offered by kastonecorp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking gym bag with lots of room, 16 Jun. 2015
After using my previous gym bag for over 14 years, I decided to go for an upgrade. This bag is more than an upgrade. I can fit 2 water bottles, 2 skipping ropes, extra pair of gym clothes, face towels, protein drinks and pair of shoes with room to spare.

Looks great!

Anker 6ft / 1.8m Micro USB to USB Cable. High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sprint, Nokia, LG, HP, Sony, Blackberry and many more.
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Long, Reliable Cable that charges tablets and phones fast, 12 Jun. 2015
Nice long cable. Very reliable. And helps charge tablets and phones fast!

OnePlus One Case, Cruzerlite Spi-Force Dual Layer Case for the OnePlus One - Retail Packaging - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the phone and does the job, 6 May 2015
This cover took me some getting used to as I had a cover that protected the screen for my old Samsung Galaxy S4. However, the cover fits my new OnePlus One phone perfectly.

The added bonus is that I can leave it on it's side and watch media.

The cover is in 2 parts and fits the phone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4