Profile for John F Syddall > Reviews

Content by John F Syddall

John F Syddall

Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars A great improvement!, 11 Dec 2014
I have had a first generation Kindle former some years and so was looking forward to receiving this new version. I have not been disappointed! It is certainly light years ahead of the original and (once you have got used to it) much easier to handle and operate. I especially love the automatic screen light - much better that the "pull out of the case" version on my old machine. Cannot comment on battery life as yet but it certainly looks good at present. Well done Kindle!

Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)
Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow to start but otherwise excellent!, 3 Jan 2014
When I first started to read "Wolf's Head" I thought that I would not like it. However once a few pages had gone by I was really into it and finished it in a couple of days over the holiday. I liked the style, especially the language - I do not like authors who try to replicate "old English" just to make the novel seem authentic when we all know it is fiction.
Looking forward to the sequel!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars More than met my expectations!, 8 Jan 2011
As an avid bookworm I was a little apprehensive about buying a Kindle but as someone who likes gadgets I was really looking forward to it arriving!
I was not disappointed, I have only had it since Christmas but have already ploughed through three books including one very large 800 page one. The Kindle is easy to read, the battery lasts a long time and downloading books is simple and so very quick.
Because many of the (older) titles are free to download I have now started reading some of the British classics that I have either not read or at least not since I was a lot younger!
If I had to fault it I think that it would be the problem of holding the Kindle without accidentaly pressing any of the buttons, however that may just be me!
I have recently purchased the Kindle cover with the included light which is excellent.