Profile for Phil > Reviews

Content by Phil

Phil "Philis Navidaz" (Sunny Sandleheath, UK)

LED Lenser K3 Key-Ring Torch (Black) - Gift Box
LED Lenser K3 Key-Ring Torch (Black) - Gift Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use as a torch, not safe as a disco light., 8 Mar. 2015
My wife instructed me (it's that kind of relationship) to find her a torch because she kept walking in to a poorly positioned gate when she was leaving work. After a bit of searching I decided to get her this LED Lenser K3 Key Ring torch. The evening it was delivered I put in the (included) batteries and turned it on in our lounge, it was incredibly impressive. You can push/pull back the front to provide a spotlight effect or a wide effect. It was very powerful and for a short while provided extra entertainment. I turned it on and put the keyring bit over my index finger on my right hand, and got it swinging, round and round, it was like a disco in our lounge, it was mildly exciting fun until it flew off at pace, propelling through the air and nearly took my 3 year olds eye out. Luckily it just missed and instead hit the wall. It didn't break. In summary, brilliant torch, well worth the price but not suitable for a index finger spinning disco in your lounge.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 11:55 AM GMT

OWL Print KnitWear Dress London Womens Bird Collection (ML (Fits UK Size 10 to 12))

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought something my wife liked!, 14 Jun. 2013
I was shocked to find my wife actually liked something I purchased for her. Only slight downsides are I assumed being knitwear it might be a bit thicker, it feels very thin to be knitwear, the other odd thing is near the top at the front there is a fairly pointless and odd looking flap. Apart from that it's a nice garment and a good length.

New Extra Large Hiking Travel Backpack Rucksack Top and Bottom Loading Khaki Navy Red Orange
Offered by HotShuffle
Price: £14.99 - £21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived a youth camp trip!, 27 Feb. 2013
Took 16 kids away for the weekend and this coped with rain, snow and loads of contents! It has a huge capacity, managed to get all my clothes, sleeping bag, food, entertainment and wash stuff with ease. When walking the straps were comfortable and didn't dig in and look nicer in the flesh than in the picture too. All in all happy although I bought it on a well known auction site for £24.95 when I now realise I could have got it cheaper here. Good quality and a lot of bag for the money, it has loads of pockets and a handy pocket at the bottom so I could access stuff from the bottom and top rather than rifling through the bag. All in all very pleased with the purchase.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TP-LINK TL-PA101 Starter Kit 85Mbps Powerline Ethernet AdapterTwin Pack
TP-LINK TL-PA101 Starter Kit 85Mbps Powerline Ethernet AdapterTwin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution for my PS3 and TV, 11 Jan. 2011
I got one of these kits and thought for the price they may not do the job, but they've been brilliant, my Mum didn't want any wires running up the stairs to my bedroom but I wanted a wired connection for reliability when playing online PS3 for F1 and Call of Duty, works perfectly.

You literally, plug one end in downstairs (or wherever in your house) and the other in another room (in my case, my room) and bingo it works, straight away, no set up needed, just plug, plug, works!

I've had bad experiences with Netgear products before and don't like paying a premium for a brand name any way, and looking at these I may buy more TP-Link when I need!

FIFA 09 (PS3)
FIFA 09 (PS3)
Offered by icollectionUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially Great, But Big Let Down, 9 Oct. 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 09 (PS3) (Video Game)
Before I start I used to be a big fifa man, then i turned to pro, then fifa then pro, im honest about the games and not on either side of the fence so my review is impartial, I am judging the game on its own, not in comparison to pro unlike others.
I got the game, within 2 hours i had put it on eBay, its just too slow, I don't get why people think its great, the graphics as well are worse than pro although not comparing, don't get why people keep saying they are great, but the real let down is the gameplay, its so slow, weird angles and so simple, the computer does everything for you. The be a pro mode, looked good for a bit, but so quickly turned dull as it is too slow.
And also it is so unrealistic, the ball doesn't stick too your feet like a sponge in real life, where as on fifa 09 this is the norm.
Everyone has their own opinion but I can't stand this, if you are looking for a good football game go for pes 2009 this year at least, if you are looking for a good game to get addicted to play call of duty 4.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2009 12:54 PM GMT

Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to Mario Kart Wii, Even the Missus Likes It!, 15 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is superb, I convinced my wife to let me buy it, it is so good that even after she had a go she was hooked saying "shall we have one more race?", which leads me to the one and only problem with this game, its addictive, think how addictively morish Pringles are, then multiply by 100, thats Mario Kart Wii! Its so fun, and it is also my first ever game I have played online on the wii, it runs smoothly without any lag at all, I get up early to have an hour session on it before work, my wife thinks I am mad.
Its got so much to it, I was umming and aahing but so glad I bought it. It is the best family computer game ever.

WARNING - RAINBOW ROAD! I hate this track I am constantly getting screwed over by clever people online, I fall of the edge all the time! Once I fell of the edge, got put back on the track then some french guy who was bowser ran straight into me and sent me hurtling off the edge again!
Apart from that track, which I am sure I will one day learn its awesome.

Shame it doesnt have 2 wheels and that extra remotes are so expensive, but I will save up for some more remotes because 4 players playing together on mario kart is sublime!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2008 12:45 PM BST

Panic Prevention
Panic Prevention

5.0 out of 5 stars YabbadabbaDoo!, 29 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Panic Prevention (Audio CD)
This is an excellent album, which doesn't fit into a genré. They call him the one man artic monkey. But in truth hes a mixture of arctic monkeys and the streets, but a bit more upbeat. his songs are superb all the way through, my favourite is 'if you've got the money', which is great. One slight problem is the language, he does have a habit of swearing a little too much and unneccesarily but to be honest it really doesnt matter too much.

His songs are about modern day society in London and the UK in general and for a youngster he has a good head on him for realising smoking, drugs and binge drinking are not that clever.

I listen to it walking to work everyday and its brilliant. Its also good for listening in your car, all round a great album, and it will appeal to all as there is a little bit of everything on it.

Sooty's Golf Crazy Golf [VHS]
Sooty's Golf Crazy Golf [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Frankly Ridiculous, But Great!, 15 Dec. 2006
In the bizarre world of old school videos this has to rank highly! As an avid crazy golfer, watching this made me cry with laughter for a start 'Sooty's Golf, Crazy Golf' makes no sense and is quite frankly a stupid title expecially considering its made for kids and may well make kids think its gramatically correct.

The actual episode is brilliant, Matthew takes a whole set of clubs to play crazy golf with, he is a stark raving lunatic, clearly a bad example to kids, if someone genuinely took a set of clubs to crazy golf they would get laughed out off the course, except sandbanks crazy golf where anything goes! He uses a bloomin' driver on a crazy golf course! Clearly it was made 16 years ago, but still hilarious! He can not play for toffee!!

Sooty and the gang get up to their old magic tricks aswell, brilliant and hilarious and I'm 21! If you grew up watching sooty then watch this and look back you will be shocked to see what you used to think was hilarious is actually quite predictable, e.g matthew getting wet all the time.

Still never grows old!

A great watch, would recommend to anyone!

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Stands for Perfect, Realistic, Outstanding!, 27 Oct. 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My goodness, I received my pre order the day before it came out so I was well happy last night! This game is so much improved on PES5, its a bit easier to score (not too easy), much more realistic (including goalmouth scrambles, which when playing with friends leaves you in tears!), its just unbelievably good. The best game I have ever played football or otherwise, can't wait until I finish work to play some more. And players are much like their real selves. C.Ronaldo is outstanding and great on the ball and personally I feel that the dark horse of the game is Loius Saha, he is unbelievably good at getting snap shots off.

I could talk about this game for ever, but instead I'm going to play it.

I would recommend this game to anyone, especially people who watch football regularly as you will be better than others because you need the footballing knowledge to watch the runs that players make and where to play through balls.

Lastly heading is much improved, players now run onto crosses and can plant bullet headers into the top corner its beautiful.