Profile for J. Lowndes > Reviews

Content by J. Lowndes

J. Lowndes "Jamie Lowndes" (United Kingdom)

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge (Xbox 360)
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Rugby Game in the history of Video Games, 27 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I cannot stress just how good this game is. Compared to Rugby WorldCup and the highly disappointing Rugby League Live, this is head and shoulders above the rest.

Graphically speaking, it looks glorious in high definition. Seeing the fully 3D rendered All Blacks performing the Haka is remarkable. The licensed stadiums are magnificient, especially Dunedin's masterpiece. Kits resemble the real thing in every way.

The gameplay takes from every Sidhe rugby game before it and smooths it out into a realistic and entertaining representation of the real game.

My one qualm with the game is the missing licenses. With international teams that use fake kits, some of the replacements were ridiculous. I have no idea what was going on with South Africas kit. Fortunately there are 2 generic ones that take its place nicely. It wouldve been nice having the Premiership players full scanned and having actual English stadiums in the game as well. Sidhe did it with Rugby League 2 so its far from impossible. All in all, a VERY worthwhile purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 2:08 PM BST

Rugby League Live (Xbox 360)
Rugby League Live (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars It helps if youre a Rugby League fan, 14 Feb 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've been a fan of Rugby League since I was a kid, so naturally any of the games would hold my attention. Rugby League 1 and 2 both had their flaws but they were fun enough. Going forward is simple enough on this, but its unbelievably annoying sometimes on defense. The lack of ability to edit squads is annoying as is a lack of a franchise mode, and in fact, the number of teams is frustrating as hell compared to what Wii players got with Rugby League 3. Overall, I feel like they owe us free DLC, but thats never going to happen.

Identifying Wood: Accurate Results with Simple Tools
Identifying Wood: Accurate Results with Simple Tools
by R.Bruce Hoadley

5.0 out of 5 stars I got wood., 8 Dec 2009
Upon using this book in extensive research into wood, I discovered with indisputable evidence that I indeed had wood.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2013 12:49 AM BST

Pride FC
Pride FC
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game!, 5 May 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pride FC (Video Game)
This really is brilliant and addictive to play. The create a fighter mode has so much depth to it its unbelievable. The GP mode is a lot of fun, and survival is exactly what it says. My only complaint is that there isnt anything in the way of unlockables and a career mode, but still a lot of fun.

Oh, and I recommend groovyj71 for anyone using the marketplace

Guitar Hero II with X-Plorer Wired Guitar Controller (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero II with X-Plorer Wired Guitar Controller (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Awesome, 12 April 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ive only played this as a demo inside my local GAME and I was hooked. I have the PS2 version, but after hearing about how Pearl Jam get a track on this one, I couldnt resist. I even played the solo behind my head in homage to Mike McCready, I absolutely love this game.