Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Skins 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Skins 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicholas Hoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Embarassingly I love it., 15 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Skins 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I first watched an episode of skins purely out of curiosity, and afterwards said it was absolute rubbish and I wouldn't watch it again. But then the next week I was curious again and gradually I became absolutely complusive about it. By the time the second series came out I was unashamedly plugging it to my friends.
Not every episode is great, but there are enough absolute stunners to keep your curiosity up. No matter how hardened you think you are it can be shocking, and no matter how prudish you will be fascinated. Mostly though it's just absolutely hilarious. And did cause me to cry on more than one occasion, and I'm not very given to crying at TV.
I'm not really a box set person but I think I will be buying this one. If nothing else, it makes my own friends' dramas seem manageable.

Malignant Sadness
Malignant Sadness
by Lewis Wolpert

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 16 July 2007
This review is from: Malignant Sadness (Paperback)
I read this book just after a close friend took an overdose (luckily she survived) and this book really helped me get my head around what was happening to her and allowed me to relate to her more usefully. It was an extremely readable book and gave me a clearer overview of the varying positions of psychology, psychotherapy and neuroscience than anything else I've read. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering depression, with friends or family suffering depression or just generally interested in the psychological background of the condition. Definitely worth a read.