Profile for S. Noel > Reviews

Content by S. Noel

S. Noel

Page: 1 | 2
Six Cloloured Tennis Balls - Fetch!
Six Cloloured Tennis Balls - Fetch!
Offered by IN THE JUNGLE LTD
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Mar 2014
Very disappointed. Whilst the service from the seller was great, each ball lasted no more than 1 walk before cracking breaking or totally disintegrating. I have a terrier who hasn't destroyed any other toy or ball they have had so I don't think they suffered from more than light chewing. I wouldn't recommend these for anything other than a tiny dog. The best balls we've had are proper tennis balls that you can get at discount sport shops.

Tissot Gents Watch Visodate T0194301603101
Tissot Gents Watch Visodate T0194301603101

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage look, box fresh quality, 31 Mar 2013
This is my second Tissot (first is a prc200) and I'm not disappointed. It is a lovely heritage looking timepiece, but with the function and reliability of a new watch. Although not a huge chunky effort like most modern watches, it still feels good and solid. I particularly like the domed glass, the sweep movement of the second hand courtesy of the automatic movement and the red lettering for 'Sun'.

It isn't really a watch to go with T-shirts, but it looks great with long or short sleeve shirts. The only issues I have are the fake croc skin look of the strap, and the minimal water resistance. However, the strap is no biggie to replace if you don't like it and it is a watch for more smart casual or formal occasions so the water resistance isn't an issue for me but might be worth considering.

Anyway, in summary, I love it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

HIRSCH Knight L, Alligator Grain, Water-Resistant Watch Strap in Brown, 22 mm, Steel Buckle
Offered by WatchObsession
Price: 39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great, 14 April 2012
This is the 3rd Hirsch watch strap I've bought, all from Watch Obsession. I have an excellent Mariner, a very good Camel Grain and the seller is very efficient. By those high standards I'm a little disappointed by this Knight Alligator grain product.

The strap is very well made from a technical point of view. It is nice and chunky, clearly good quality material (leather, buckle & springs) and has dealt well with the bashing I've given it over the last couple of weeks (i.e. gym, shower, pool etc).

Aesthetically however, it is not quite what I hoped for. From a distance - i.e. to anyone else who sees the watch from normal interaction distance - it looks fine and as you'd expect from the description. Up close it is not very convincing. The grain is fine, but it seems to have been tinted and painted to add shading around the 'scales'.

If I was you I would definitley buy Hirsch from WatchObsession, but I would go for the Mariner. Lovely strap!

Camper Men's Wabi 18546 Tweed Bosforo Moccasin 18546-009 10 UK
Camper Men's Wabi 18546 Tweed Bosforo Moccasin 18546-009 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of slippers, 30 Nov 2011
These slippers are great. Nice and warm and well made. The rubber sole makes them sturdy enough for the occassional excursion outside to take out the recycling or rubbish. If you are feeling brave you might get away with a short trip to the newsagents too! I wouldn't recommend going sock commando as the synthetic material isn't too breathable tho. Anyway, well worth the money!

CANTERBURY Men's CCC T-Shirt , Navy, M
CANTERBURY Men's CCC T-Shirt , Navy, M
Offered by All-American Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice T-Shirt, 30 Nov 2011
Pretty simple really. Well made, good quality t-shirt. I always worry about the neck being tight, but this is a good size. Great service from the vendor too.

Homescapes Waterproof Pillow Protectors Pair, White
Homescapes Waterproof Pillow Protectors Pair, White
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not great, 30 Nov 2011
I was worried that this would be like having a carrier bag for a pillow case.... and its not far off! This rustles quite a bit, although I think I am getting used to it as it isn't keeping me awake. I've tried putting a second pillow case on it which is reducing the noise. I was hoping it would be made out of the same material as the Homescapres Terry Towelling mattress cover, but this is a real back packer hostel pillow case. Having said that, in combination with the mattress cover, my dust mite allergy seems to have been solved. So, in summary does the job but could be a lot better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 30 Nov 2011
I was really pleasantly surprised by this product. I suspected that it was going to be like sleeping on a carrier bag, but it is not. It is very comfortable & as it is terry toweling, its actually nice and warm. It makes no noise at all. In addition, unlike other mattress covers, it holds on to our unusually thick mattress very nicely & hasn't pinged off at all. And, as for the main purpose of the sheet, my dust mite allergy (in combo with a pillow case) has virtually disappeared. I've gone from constantly bunged up and snotty nosed to clear and normal in the space of 2 nights.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2012 12:14 PM BST

Puma Rally Mens Canvas Trainers Red White 10 UK
Puma Rally Mens Canvas Trainers Red White 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely trainers, 20 Nov 2011
These are great trainers. Thurned up quickly, good price and look great. I've worn then several times a week and they have stayed looking pretty tidy. As is usual with most canvas shoes, the heel can squeak, but only a little bit & I wouldn't let it stop you getting them. I have quite long feet for my height & I find converse, for example, are a little low profiled and make my feet a bit clown-like. These seem to look better proportioned on me. Obviously, this is irrelevant unless you are my height & build with the same size feet (UK mens size 10, 5'10, 'stocky' build)

ED Hardy Blackberry 8520/9300 textured kills love slowly snake desing case
ED Hardy Blackberry 8520/9300 textured kills love slowly snake desing case

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not durable, 20 Nov 2011
On arrival this looked good. Turned up on time and feels good quality. However, the paint chipped very quickly on the edges and near the side buttons. The picture on the back has stayed immaculate though.

HIRSCH Mariner L, 100m Water-Resistant, Calfskin Watch Strap in Black, 22 mm, Steel Buckle
Offered by WatchObsession
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I would care this much about a watch strap, 20 Nov 2011
Now then, 30 for a watch strap seemed beyond excessive to me when I was looking. However, I took a punt and bought it in black anyway because I had bought much cheaper straps which lasted only weeks and looked shabby.

This strap is excellent. Before purchasing I did some reasearch and Hirsch seems t be a very well established and thought of producer. It is thick and chunky & it looks great on my Seiko diver automatic. It was easy to fit, it is obviously great quality. I have put it (and the watch) through the wringer on a daily basis (swimming pool, gym, squash, shower etc) and it looks as good as the day it arrived. As well as being tough wearing it does look really nice and would not look out of place on a more formal watch with formal wear.

Page: 1 | 2