Profile for Adventure and Coffee > Reviews

Content by Adventure and ...

Adventure and Coffee (the internet)

Foreign Devils on the Silk Road: The Search for the Lost Treasures of Central Asia
by Peter Hopkirk
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and good details, 5 Jan 2012
My first book from this author, and I'm impressed. Well told and ordered account. Could be improved with a few more pictures/maps, as the descriptions of the locations, distances and artworks don't do them justice. Not super light reading, but also not too taxing.

PressIT DVD/CD Labels/white 50pk
PressIT DVD/CD Labels/white 50pk
Offered by jetmediauk
Price: 8.45

4.0 out of 5 stars neatens up your collection, 10 Feb 2011
I use these on a colour laser printer, and use an aplicator tool to apply them. I get them pretty central, and with the colour printing they look pretty good.

I only worked out the cost per disc after buying, its not that cheap. You also get best results if you can find a higher resolution image for the disc, and you then have to allow for the hole in the middle of the disc too.

Anyways. The quality of the labels is great, no issues there, colours show up well enough and they seem to stick well too.

Black Gold [2007] [DVD]
Black Gold [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nick Francis and Mark Francis
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.47

5.0 out of 5 stars only buying fairtrade now, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Black Gold [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Great dvd. I knew nothing about coffee production etc, and now stick 100% to fairtrade beans.

They give a great insight into the origins of the beans we use in the UK, and who is involved in their production. One of the better DVD's I've got. If you're into coffee and/or fairtrade ... then you'll enjoy.

Dirty Oil [DVD]
Dirty Oil [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leslie Iwerks
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Didnt know how big an issue it was ..., 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Dirty Oil [DVD] (DVD)
I just finished watching the dvd. It was very interesting, as I'd not actually looked into Alberta tar sands to oil production at all before ... I thought the area was barren waste land with tar sands ... so to see what it is really like, and the scale of destruction ... very worrying.

Definitely worth watching (and then hopefully taking on reducing your oil usage etc). The quality seemed a bit up and down (not technical quality, just the quality of the doco).