Profile for buyer7 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Stick Man [DVD] [2016]
Stick Man [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was a lovely, gentle family Christmas ..., 11 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Stick Man [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
I thought this was a lovely, gentle family Christmas film and can see this going on to become a classic.

Football Manager 2016 (PC DVD)
Football Manager 2016 (PC DVD)
Offered by National Football Museum

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Dec. 2015
Having not played FM for a good few years, I decided to invest in the latest copy. After it took an age to install, I was disappointed to find a bewildering and overly detailed 'game'. Having been used to the user friendly FM's of the past (07/08), this came as quite a disappointment to me. I find I t is overly detailed and complicated. There are menus after menus and so many options to choose that the fun of it is completely taken away. Technically it is probably an upgrade on previous iterations but I am very disappointed with this and am instantly turned off. Shame

Watch Dogs (PS4)
Watch Dogs (PS4)
Offered by Go2Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly disappointing, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS4) (Video Game)
This title was the key reason for me buying a ps4 on launch day. I was bitterly disappointed to hear it was delayed by 6 months back in November so was excited when it arrived on Tuesday. A few missions into the game and I'm distinctly underwhelmed. The game is quite pretty but nothing outstanding and the cutscene graphics belong on a game from 5 or 6 years ago. You can't jump (?!), combat is poor, car handling is sloppy and the novelty of hacking soon wears off. Every step of the way you are spoon-fed - press this button, follow that target... so that you have limited freedom.

The game is by no means awful, just not 'next gen'. I'm sorry to say that this game was over hyped and I was sucked in. The fact that there was a review embargo until release day should have been a clue.

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
Offered by DA TECH PRO

3.0 out of 5 stars Give it 6 months..., 12 Feb. 2014
I keenly pre-ordered mine and received in December. Since then I have bought just one game, mostly because of the lack of top titles available at present. The delays of Watch Dogs and Driveclub were very disappointing and I feel let down by Sony and the developers for not having a killer-game ready early on in the life of PS4. I remember an article from a Sony Boss promising that the launch would be better than PS3's lacklustre one and this has proved not to be the case.

In my opinion, the current crop of games do not showcase the PS4's capability and the PS Plus is not worth the money (other than for online gaming) as the Store is sparse.

If you are debating whether or not to buy a PS4, my advice would be to hang on until the summer when (hopefully) some top games will be out. For me, it does not currently justify the large expenditure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 5:03 AM GMT

Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Kristen Wiig

1.0 out of 5 stars Not funny., 21 Jan. 2012
I had high expectations for this but was sorely disappointed. This film made me laugh just once - not good for a comedy. The female Hangover this is not. The characters don't develop over the course of the film, and I didn't warm to any of them. The script was poor, and all of the 'funny' moments were shown in the trailer when it first came out. I'd like to back this up with something positive, but I thought it was dire.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but..., 22 Aug. 2011
don't make the same mistake as me and think that these will be enough for wet weather. If you want waterproof, buy overtrousers to compliment these. Overall though, a good walking trouser. Comfortable, rugged with plenty of pockets for storage. Recommended.

Acer Aspire 5336 15.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron T3500 Processor, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 21 July 2011
I am generally very pleased with this laptop. It's fast, and no problems so far and at a bargain price. Only niggles are the sound isn't great - only appears to come from one speaker on the left - the battery life is poor and the placement of the USB slots is too tight to have two items plugged in at once. But like I said, for the price it is a steal and would recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 4:23 PM BST

Cold Feet - Complete Collection [DVD]
Cold Feet - Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fay Ripley
Offered by EU ELECTRIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it.., 23 Mar. 2011
Stop reading right now, click buy, then return to this page to read why you just bought it. I came late to Cold Feet but am enjoying it so much. It's not a straight comedy series, so don't expect 'the English Friends'. It deals with relationships so more drama, liberally sprinkled with humour - as with real life. James Nesbitt is brilliant amongst a great ensemble cast, and there are great storylines delaing with real issues.
Great stuff.

Monroe - Series 1 [DVD]
Monroe - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Nesbitt
Offered by NetsavesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy drama, 23 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Monroe - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a tad biased being a big Jimmy Nesbitt fan, but this is well written, witty and entertaining. I couldn't get into House - this is much more accessible. You can sit down, switch off, and be amused and entertained - what more do you want?

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, 10 Mar. 2011
Very comfortable and breathable trainer. The top is mesh, so you get the air between your toes. Makes running a pleasure!

Page: 1 | 2