Profile for naomi haggett > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bright Side
Bright Side

5.0 out of 5 stars You will need tissues but it's worth it., 7 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Bright Side (Kindle Edition)
I usually only leave reviews if the book affected me in a big way and this time it's no different. Bright Side has left me absolutely wrung out and most probably dehydrated through shedding tears and in all honesty I'm torn between loving this book and hating it. Alright, hate might be a bit strong but the ending has me wondering if I'll ever be brave enough to read it again.
That being said, I won't hesitate in giving it 5 stars because although the subject matter isn't exactly joyful, the characters and the story are superbly written and it is a truly gifted author who can elicit emotions and overactive tear ducts in a reader.

Before Someday- Alex Tells All (Double Threat Series Book 9)
Before Someday- Alex Tells All (Double Threat Series Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Before Someday......Loved It., 30 Mar. 2015
I was a bit apprehensive to read Alex's side to the story. I loved Alex but what if his life and opinions didn't live up to sweetheart I'd made him out to be.
I needn't have worried.
Meg and the rest of the Double Threat Crew were as charming and lovable from this side too and Alex's Berkeley friends Kayla, Estaban, Miles and Jesse were great to read about. So much so that even though I know where Jesse ended up thanks to the grin-inducing epilogue, I would love to read about how he got there.
I would definitely recommend that you read the Double Threat series first or this wouldn't make a whole lot of sense in places but those books are amongst my favourites too so it's win-win.

Eternally North
Eternally North

5.0 out of 5 stars A glittering tale in more ways than one., 18 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Eternally North (Kindle Edition)
This was my first book written by Tillie Cole and I loved it so much I recommend it to all of my Kindle owning friends.
I'm English, therefore am quite capable of picturing our Geordie heroine Tash in all of her fake tanned glory and glorious she is. Funny as f... and as loyal to a fault, Tash has got to be my most favouritist (shush...it's a real word) female character ever.
The fantabulous Mr Tudor North falls directly into the tall, tatted bad boy category of literary hunk and come on, be fair, who doesn't love one of those. The story isn't unique but in my humble opinion is well written and extremely enjoyable. Not once do I ever think 'be serious, that would never happen' when I read this and I've gotten myself lost in this tale many times
Give it a try. How do you know you don't like it if you don't try it?
Now I'm comparing it to sprouts.
I'll shut up now.

Corps Security: The Series
Corps Security: The Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Fed my kids biscuits for breakfast because I couldn't put it down. Whoops, 24 Jan. 2015
I do love a tall, broad hunk of military manliness and-oh look- here's six of them to drool over.
It can be a real let down to read books like this and find yourself not getting into it because the heroine is limper than a wet lettuce or comes across as a vapid b@#ch but I am pleased to tell you that all ladies (and Sway....you'll see) are warm, kind and quite capable of not only holding their own in various gun/knife/fist fights but reining in those tall, broad hunks of military manliness I may have mentioned before.
Yes this is sappy in places but it's a box set of romance novels so I'd say a bit of sap is compulsary. The sex on the other hand is totally uncalled for (she says, lying through her teeth 😇) and who doesn't fall a little bit in love with good looking men fawning all over babies.
Tissues will be needed and gold glitter paint will find it's way onto your shopping list but I don't think you'll regret buying this set.

RAZE
RAZE

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Tillie., 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: RAZE (Kindle Edition)
I've read many,many books and I can honestly say that if I had to pick a top 10 then at least three of them have been written by Tillie Cole.
Raze is one of them.
Set deep in the world of European Mafia, Raze tells the tale of Kisa who lost her twin brother on the same day she lost the boy who held a piece of her soul and the whole of her heart.
After being imprisoned and forced to fight in an underground 'death ring' for 12 years, Raze breaks free and heads for New York and the only thing that has remained in his broken mind. Revenge.
I loved how Kisa is quietly defiant in her strict world but Raze is a stroke of genius and probably on the fast track to being everyone's favorite new book boyfriend. I have a feeling that if I had this in paperback then it would be the tattiest, most dog eared copy ever and in dire need of replacing every couple of months.
I bow to your thought process Tillie Cole.

The Mitchell Family Series volumes 1-5
The Mitchell Family Series volumes 1-5

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Mitchells., 31 July 2014
I bought these books individually and love them all. This boxset is a total bargain and I will not hesitate to recommend not only this series but Jennifer Foor in general to anyone who likes a bit of sweet romance to go along with their smut. The men in this series are definitely of the alpha male variety and although I prefer sexy ass rancher Colt over Tyler I wouldn't mind a Tyler in my life for the laughs alone.
Jennifer's style of writing is humorous and the family dynamic in the later books makes me wish my family was a little bit more like the Mitchells.

Strangers
Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Dean Koontz book and still my favourite., 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Strangers (Kindle Edition)
This book, despite the fact you need a crane to lift it after a while, is my favourite by this author and I've read all of them. It has an ensemble cast of characters all different ages and from various places in America but Dean Koontz captures them all perfectly from the young Jewish/Scandinavian doctor to the hi-tec thief with the tragic past. I have to admit that after a while the list of possibilities as to what happened shrinks drastically and you can guess where it is going but I never once feel like it detracts from the story.
I've had two paperback copies of this book, the first of which fell to pieces from overuse and having it available on my kindle enables me to take it and many other Koontz tales everywhere with me without needing a wheelbarrow because that first copy, the one that I broke the binding on, lived permanently in my handbag.
I know it's a lot of pages but you won't regret reading this book.

From the Corner of his Eye
From the Corner of his Eye

5.0 out of 5 stars I re-read this one again and again. One of my favourites., 8 Nov. 2013
I absolutely love this book. It has a series amount of pages but I still find myself getting panicky when I'm nearing the end like I know I'm going to get withdrawl symptoms. Dean Koontz has written a lot of complex characters but I think Barty is up there as one of my favourites. The book spans a number of years and gives insight in the end as to what happens to the people you have come to know and care about. I like it when an author does this; it gives you a sense of closure and this book leaves me with tears of both the happy and sad kinds.
If you are a fan of Dean Koontz then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this one and if you've never read one of his novels before then....I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this one. Definite five stars.

Buried Secrets (Dark Suspense Romance)
Buried Secrets (Dark Suspense Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserved the re-write. So much better now., 21 Sept. 2013
I downloaded and read Graveyard Games last year and if I'm honest although I finished it, it was a bit of a struggle. I'm glad I did because it was an intriguing story but I felt that it wasn't quite right, apparently so did the author because I discovered Buried Secrets was a re-write of Graveyard Games, downloaded it immediately and I am pleased to say that it is immensely better. The premise is the same, Dusty's brother Nick is found dead in a place where he had no business being alive let alone dead and Dusty is driven to find out exactly what happened to him and the other similar victims. I guess it works just as well having a bunch of eighteen year old characters as it did a bunch of twenty somethings but either way I loved Shane and Dusty can come and back me up any time she likes.

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately not a run of the mill teen romance., 18 Sept. 2013
Oh Oh Oh!!!! Why in the world did I keep bypassing this one in favour of other similar stories? The fact that I'm 34 and the main characters are half my age didn't even cross my mind after I'd read the first chapter and if I'm honest I read this in one sitting while the kids were at school when I should have been doing the ironing. I'm advising you to ditch the housework and read this book because in my opinion this is one of the best from this genre I have ever read and I'm ashamed to say that I have close to two thousand books on my Kindle...Oops.
I know not everyone will share my opinion but sometimes you get a book like this and you don't feel anything for the characters or you like the heroine but the hero is a wet blanket and vice versa. I really liked Amber although she was only 16. She didn't come across to me as a flaky teen and she also wasn't written too old for her years which can happen sometimes. Liam has got to go on my top ten list of favourite boys to read because his adoration and devotion although a bit unbelievable (boys like that can't exist in real life surely?) was lovely to read and had me grinning like an idiot at my Kindle.
Like I said, not everyone will share my opinion but this book has a shedload of five stars for a reason and I would recommend it without a second thought.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5