Profile for M. Kimsey > Reviews

Content by M. Kimsey

M. Kimsey "West Coast Reader" (Sacramento, CA)

Futurist Manifesto - 1974-1978
Futurist Manifesto - 1974-1978
Price: 14.73

4.0 out of 5 stars At last....., 1 Nov 2011
Like many, I've been waiting for clean remasters of these albums for many years and here they are, all in one nice package. Some fare better than others, likely due to recording venues at the time but interestingly, it's the earliest, Axe Victim and Futurama that benefit the most. The live material on disc five, especially The Modern Music Suite are icing on the cake. Love to have that whole show someday! I am keeping my earlier single discs though for the artwork and individual liner notes and of course Live In the Air Age. What would have made this even better would have been to have made this a mini box with each album in it's own LP replica sleeve, but I'm nitpicking. Long overdue and highly recommended. Thanks, Bill!

Futurama
Futurama
Price: 7.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Issue Date Misleading, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: Futurama (Audio CD)
All the other reviews pretty much cover how nice the album is and I concur across the board. My beef is that I re-purchasd this, believing that the 2004 issue date suggested a better remastering than the 1990 copy I already had. Unfortunately, what arrived was another 1990 copy, telling me that the 2004 date is incorrect and misleading.

The 1990 remaster is merely OK, easily beat by a clean LP copy. CD's have improved tremendously since 1990 and there is no reason not to have upgraded Be Bop discs available.

If there has been a remaster of this disc in the 2000's, then I would ask Amazon UK to quickly offer me an exchange. But the one I received on January 4th, 2010 is still from 1990.

Big disappointment!

Rain Dances
Rain Dances
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 12.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Remastered!, 24 Feb 2004
This review is from: Rain Dances (Audio CD)
Great transitional album from Camel, with lot's of tasty input from Mel Collins. However, although this shows a release date of 2/2004...it is the 1991 edition, which could badly use the same remastering recently afforded the earlier albums. Can't wait for someone to continue that remastering series but...this is not part of it!
Meanwhile... check the new batch of Tull reissues...Sotrmwatch finally sounds good.