Profile for Nicks > Reviews

Passive Me, Aggressive You
Passive Me, Aggressive You
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Original, 4 May 2011
I discovered The Naked and Famous when I bought tickets for Reading Festival and found them in the line-up. After listening to 'Punching in a Dream' and realising I recognised and liked it, I listened to some more and tracks and bought the album.

Fantastic stuff, nothing on the album disappoints. It's upbeat and fun to listen to without being generic pop music. It's music for the summer, music for the beach, music for listening to in groups and for listening individually. I often listen when I'm running and it's a great motivation.

I cannot wait to see them live!

Congratulations
Congratulations
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I've Warmed To It, 21 May 2010
This review is from: Congratulations (Audio CD)
I bought MGMT's previous album, 'Oracular Spectacular', about 2 years ago and absolutely loved it at first. Over time, I started to dislike most of the songs apart from the real hits like 'Kids', 'Electric Feel' and 'Time to Pretend' - which I still absolutely love now. 'Congratulations' is quite different. It seems to me like the album has been created more for MGMT's entertainment than any particular audience. At first, I was quite disappointed with the album, it certainly lacked any major tunes from the previous album. However, as I have listened to it more, I have grown to like the essentially happy if slightly bizarre sounds of the album. It's the sort of album where you wouldn't particularly remember any of the songs but it is pleasant music. I would recommend this to someone who likes quirky experimental music with a generally contented mood but doesn't mind that there aren't any sensational songs.

Organizing Plain and Simple: A Ready Reference Guide with Hundreds of Solutions to Your Everyday Clutter Challenges
by Donna Smallin
Price: 11.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 13 July 2007
Our house was so disorganised, knocking over papers wherever you turned! I was getting so fed up with my parents not doing anything as they were always so tired from work. However, Thanks to this book, with its simple step by step guide, we've managed to regain control of our house bit by bit and make best use of the space we live in. We still have things to improve but our family now has more time for each other and are less stressed out.I really never knew it could be so simple!