Profile for Mr. Adam I. Richards > Reviews

Content by Mr. Adam I. Ri...

Mr. Adam I. Richards "A. Richards" (Harwell, Didcot.)

Doctor Who: Summer Falls
Doctor Who: Summer Falls

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 29 April 2013
A good short story with plenty of intrigue. Paced nicely to keep the readers attention. I would recommend this to others.

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3)
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3)
Offered by SelectGames

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes, right., 10 Jun 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have played most of the Need For Speed games and enjoyed most of those. I liked undercover to a point but was disappointed by the fact that when you get the supercar stages you could be driving at 200mph+ and a police SUV would appear behind you and overtake you like you were standing still. Hot pursuit is ok but cars do not drift around every corner they go round. I think these two examples should have been considered as a warning.

I bought NFS Shift 2 Unleashed because I was impressed by the first NFS Shift. It was the closest the NFS franchise had come to a real racing game so with that in mind I bought it. BIG MISTAKE! While I found the handling characteristics of the smaller cars adequate but that's it. However, when it comes to the bigger, faster cars handle like a tea tray on ice. I've found the best way to make them work is to turn all the driver aids on which somewhat takes away the enjoyment and involvement as the thing pretty much drives itself. So what's the point? I will start renting games before I buy them from now on so I don't spend my hard earned on junk like this.

If you enjoy being involved in a game buy something else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2011 8:19 AM BST