Profile for PBryden > Reviews

Content by PBryden

PBryden

7dayshop AERO 7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Aeroplane Kit and Travel Case
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 Hour flight made easy by these awesome headphones, 6 Nov. 2014
Just used them on two 12 hour flights and they were excellent. I sat just one row away from a couple who had a child who wasn't dealing with the flight too well but the headphones isolated the noise no problem. They didn't stop absolutely all noise but the difference between the noise levels when switched on and off were incredible.

At one point I just used them to help me get to sleep which was awesome. I don't know how long they will last but I know a couple of my friends are already placing orders for these.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
Offered by IDSS

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Single Player Campaign Ever, and I mean Ever Ever, 6 Nov. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have just finished Ghosts and like as expected the single player campaign only lasted a matter of hours. Okay that is too be expected, but I'm not going to complain about the graphics,there are enough people explaining that already. Simply put the story-line in the game is absolutely dire, I just cant explain how bad this is. There isn't one single character in the whole game that isn't just meh. You simply don't care about any of them at all

This is like a very bad movie, I was actually glad when the game finished and I didn't have to participate in such a weak unimaginative story. I have all the previous COD games and I play them all the time. I even replayed MW3 just to get a feel for ghosts coming up. But in comparison MW3 stomps it all day long. It does try hard with some tank sequences and some flying sequences but they are still not as good as in Battlefield 3.

All in all this game feels a little bit like a parody of itself, the underwater sequences are good, but not much better than MW3, the space scenes are okay but feel like I'm in the movie moonraker ( which was good for the 80's but laughable in the 21st Century).

Simply put, all the textures, frame rates and polygon counts in the world wont make up for the very very poor story. If the game is all about multiplayer, then don't sucker people in to buying the game, have at least the same mentality as Counter Strike. And please please, don't get me started on how gimmicky the dog, send it to live in the country on a farm, and give me back the assault drone all day long.

Django Unchained (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013]
Django Unchained (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx

1.0 out of 5 stars Went from bad to worse, 5 April 2013
I tend not to write too many reviews, but this movie was so bad I had to speak up. If you like Blaxploitation films of the 70s then please go and watch them, and save yourself some money and time.

Unfortunately Tarantino's genius seems to be have come up short here again!! I cant make up my mind whether the acting was so poor because of the dialogue or direction. It's delivery is that of a bored teenager reading Shakespeare out loud in a classroom five minutes before lunchtime. Yes it's that terrible. I think if I had to make the choice I would even watch a Uwe Boll movie than this self indulgent trash.

Don't fall for any rubbish with regards to this being about Slavery, it relates to Slavery in the same way that Transformers relates to the moon landings.