Profile for H. Jones > Reviews

Content by H. Jones

H. Jones "traveller" (England)

URBAN LIFE CHIC PLUM EASY FIT CHANDELIER SHADE 32cm
URBAN LIFE CHIC PLUM EASY FIT CHANDELIER SHADE 32cm
Offered by Ray Online BIZ
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 19 Jun 2014
I wasn't too sure what to expect from this because it was so inexpensive but it looks great, was really easy to put up and I'm considering buying another.

Eastpak Delegate Good Morning
Eastpak Delegate Good Morning
Price: 30.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift, 19 Jun 2014
This was for my daughter who absolutely loves the design. Well made and just as described. I can definitely recommend this.

Ladies Black Hood with Faux Fur Trim
Ladies Black Hood with Faux Fur Trim
Offered by Top Brand Cosmetics UK Ltd
Price: 7.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and warm, 21 Jan 2013
I took this to Iceland and it did a great job of keeping me warm. It doesn't crush your hair like a hat so I'd recommend it.

XtremeMac TuffWrap for iPod Video 60GB (3 Pack) - Red, White & Black
XtremeMac TuffWrap for iPod Video 60GB (3 Pack) - Red, White & Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 21 Jan 2013
I was really just after a red cover but this pack includes a white one and a black one too! Very pleased.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, 21 Jan 2013
My son was born the day before this publication date so this was a novelty gift for him. He was delighted!

Octigen JT-6611G24 Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Octigen JT-6611G24 Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Offered by Express Box Limited
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great plug and play, 21 Jan 2013
Delivers on its promise. No more wires! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a clutter free work place.

Identity Crisis: Working in Higher Education in the 21st Century (0)
Identity Crisis: Working in Higher Education in the 21st Century (0)
by Liz Marr
Price: 17.16

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect primer for the 21st century academic, 12 May 2011
I will declare my interests here - I know the two authors. It is my good fortune to know these two wise women and I'm delighted to review their book which brings together their different experiences into a useful (yet affordable) volume. This really should be essential reading for anyone new to teaching in higher education and also for those reassessing their place within the changing landscape of university life. The book puts students at the heart of what we do, so from curriculum planning through to providing feedback, the reader is constantly reminded to think about what that looks like from the perspective of the learner. It is packed full of tips and techniques gathered over the years. Of course not everything works in every instance but there is plenty of food for thought for even those educators who have been around the block a few times. If you have ever found yourself in the position of Dr Hopeful (see page 72) or in competition with Professor Popular (page 66) then this book might provide a useful guide to you in making sense of your place in the HE world.

They Underestimated Us
They Underestimated Us
by Polly Amos

5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Book, 24 Oct 2008
This review is from: They Underestimated Us (Paperback)
I've worked within and around the rape crisis movement for many years now and this epitomises everything that is bad about sexual violence and everything that is good about women's ability to survive. The blend of original artwork, poetry and prose makes the reader laugh and cry whilst feeling hopeful and angry at the same time. I am delighted that this has been written. I have already recommended it to my students and I hope that the journalists and researchers who are always asking for a 'victim' to talk to will read this and understand the big picture.

Living with the Dominator: A Book About the Freedom Programme: 1
Living with the Dominator: A Book About the Freedom Programme: 1
by Pat Craven
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this, 17 Jun 2008
This should be required reading for everyone and I intend using it in my teaching at university. It is accessible, jargon-free, funny and insightful. Jacky's cartoons bring the 'dominator' into sharp relief but also help to show him for what he is. Pat has brought her lifetime of experience into a really valuable book - is it time for a book on the teenage 'dominators-in-training' to inform girls and young women?! This book is a great tool in helping to re-balance power in relationships and alert women to danger signs. My favourite page is 'Not a saint that we are seeing just a decent human being' (p15) - that is the man we all deserve! Well done Pat and I really hope it becomes a best-seller because it deserves to be.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon should be ashamed, 30 Nov 2007
This is revolting and Amazon should be ashamed to list such a thing. It is degrading in its appearance and the idea that it makes noises is even more repulsive.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2007 10:36 PM GMT