Profile for CycleRacing > Reviews

Content by CycleRacing
Top Reviewer Ranking: 13

CycleRacing (England)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 July 2015
The Creative sound blaster roar speaker is a Bluetooth speaker, which to be honest, as an ex professional musician, I have found to be astonishingly good.

In the box you will find:

* speaker
* micro USB cable
* plug (interchangeable)
* power adapter
* user guide
* quick start up guide

In use, first of all you are instructed to charge the unit for three hours. Then the speaker is easy to pair up with a Bluetooth compatible device. If you aren't using Bluetooth, the speaker can be used with NFC, micro SD card or USB connection. There is also a headphone so ket (3.5mm).

Once I got the speaker up and running, I was instantly awed by its sound. The speaker has five drivers with two amplifiers. There is also a built in sub woofer. The amplifiers make the music sound absolutely perfectly balanced. There is just the right amount of both treble and base. Another big plus point is that the sound fills the room. It doesn't sound as though it is coming from such a small (ish) single unit. We have placed ours on a shelf which is centrally located on the wall and the sound is great from all angles. This speaker, in all the music I have played on it so far, has not shown any distortion whatsoever, even when playing very loudly.

The unit has a 'roar' button. This button, when pressed, gives more pow to the output. It isn't just louder though, it gives it a boost which also increases the depth and richness of the music.

The speaker has a 6000 mAh battery and once charged is good to use for a number of hours before t needs to be recharged. There are some LED lights on the top of the unit which indicate how much charge is in the unit. This is handy both when charging (to estimate how much longer until it is charged) and also in use.

The micro SD card function can also be used to record. This could be to record a phonecall etc if needed - not sure I would have a use for this, but if you do, you can do it! Another function I'm not sure I will personally need is the siren - it can be used to alert people that you need help. It is rather loud... I wouldn't suggest doing this indoors!

Overall, I am absolutely delighted with this speaker. The sound is fantastic, it is easy to use and it is versatile. I would say that although it isn't cheap, it is worth the money - many comparable speakers would cost more.

VonShef 4 Slice Sandwich Press and Grill, Stainless steel
VonShef 4 Slice Sandwich Press and Grill, Stainless steel
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 July 2015
This VonShef Sandwich Press and Grill is a really good addition to my kitchen. My children are huge fans of toasted sandwiches and paninis - so we have really enjoyed using this.

It is a smart bit of kitchen equipment. It is a shiny silver colour with black trimmings and looks good. It is fairly large - so not easily tucked away in a cupboard. It is about 33cm wide, and its depth to the handle is about 33cm also. Its height is about 11cm. We use ours a fair amount so it has a permanent place on a work surface now.

It is really simple to use. You simply need to plug it in, upon which a red light will appear. This indicates that the sandwich press is heating up. Once it is ready to use, a green light comes on. The only control on the item is the temperature control - once I got that set to a position we were happy with it wasn't touched again.

At this point - put your sandwiches or burgers etc in! The top plate is a hinged, floating plate so it is good for your food whatever the thickness. I go by how the food looks as to when to remove it. We have had really great results every time we have used it, and it is now used most days.

Recommended.

VonShef 12L Premium Digital Halogen Oven Convection Cooker 1400W with Hinged Lid + Extras Incl FREE 200 Page Recipe Book, High Rack, Low Rack, Extender Ring, Oven Glove, Tongs (White)
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good versatile cooker, 26 July 2015
The VonShef 12L Digital Halogen Oven is a really good oven - it has been useful to me when I have had my main oven full / run out of space when cooking for the whole family. It is essentially an additional oven. Anything a normal oven can do (cook, grill, etc) this oven can also do.

The oven looks very smart and modern. Be aware - it does take up a large amount of space. It is a big item.

Using it is very simple. You simply need to place your food item in the oven, choose the time and temperature - and off you go! It doesn't cook as quickly as a microwave but is quicker than my normal kitchen oven. The food produced from this halogen oven also tastes better than when it comes out of a microwave.

The oven comes with a range of accessories. These include:
* oven glove
* extender ring (cook up to 17 litres)
* baking tray
* steamer tray
* skewers
* tongs (these are a bit basic and fiddly to use)
* 2 racks of different heights

Once I got to grips with the oven it worked very well. The only thing I've really failed on and not succeeded with practice is eggs - I have become very familiar with the smell of burned eggs (not nice). But other than this - it is now being very useful and it is very versatile.

This oven is absolutely ideal for people with limited space, students, single people / couples or those who simply want more cooking space.

I was sent this item to test and to provide an honest review.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Sennheiser RS165 Vibrant Sound Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser RS165 Vibrant Sound Wireless Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Jun. 2015
I am a huge fan of classical music, and being an ex professional musician I really do appreciate a good set of headphones for listening to music in my own little world without interruption. These headphones have met my expectations really well and are currently getting a lot of use.

They come well packaged and look 'posh' from the start. The transmitter and headphones look very sleek and smart - they have a look of quality.

More important though is how they sound. The audio clarity is, at this price range, absolutely terrific. They are crystal clear. They have bass boost which improves the bass response - some music sounds particularly good with this although with the music I mainly listen to it is not necessary. They really give you the feeling that you are listening in the same room as the music is being performed.

The headphones are comfortable to wear and properly cover you ears. They are not advertised as noise isolating, but this is pretty much what they are. I can block out pretty much everything in terms of outside noise when using these. Their range is good, and I can move around a good distance without losing reception.

Overall, these headphones produce great sound which is well balanced and extremely clear. I really like them!

Recommended.

BTR Premium Yellow Backpack / Rucksack Cover - High Visibility and Waterproof With Reflective 3M Tape & Extra Highly Reflective Stripes
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay Safe..., 27 Jun. 2015
This backpack / rucksack cover is absolutely ideal for anyone who is out cycling (or running) whilst wearing a bag - and importantly, wants to be seen as it gets darker or in the dark! I personally wear as much high vis stuff as I can when I'm out in the dark - I'm not going to give any drivers and excuse to knock me over!....

It is possible to get this cover to fit really well / securely. It is advertised as fitting 14 - 40 litre backpacks. Certainly the two backpacks I use for work fit in it well - I don't know their litres - but they are just fairly normal / average size bags.

There is a drawstring to initially get a good fit around your bag. Following this, there are also velcro straps to hold it in place. These straps go the width and length of your bag. By the time these are fixed, there is no way that the cover and your bag are going to part company.

This cover really is extremely good in the dark and you do show up really well. The reflective strips which are all over it are excellent. It is advertised as waterproof, and certainly this seems to be correct. My bag and its contents have not got wet whilst I have cycled home in the rain.

Overall, this is a really good product which is certain to assist in keeping you better seen whilst out on the roads.

Recommended.

High Grade Blue 48Lt Large Plastic Kids Toy Organiser Storage Box Tidy & Green Clip-On Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, and perfect for storing children's toys, 27 Jun. 2015
My husband bought some of these boxes to serve as toy boxes in our two daughters bedrooms.

48 litres is a really good size and you can fit quite a few toys in.

The boxes themselves are well made and strong. I have found that some boxes seem to bend a lot and are quite flimsy. That isn't the case with these.

I like the lids on these boxes. They do actually clip on properly rather than just 'sit' on the top of the box.

COLOURFUL PLASTIC SHOE STORAGE STURDY TRUNK KIDS TREASURE CHEST STACKABLE BOX
COLOURFUL PLASTIC SHOE STORAGE STURDY TRUNK KIDS TREASURE CHEST STACKABLE BOX
Offered by 7TH AVENUE GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and perfect for storing children's toys, 27 Jun. 2015

Recommended.

High Grade Pink 48Lt Large Plastic Kids Toy Organiser Storage Box Tidy & Purple Clip-On Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and perfect for children's toys!, 27 Jun. 2015

48 Litre Storage Trunk pink and purple set of 3
48 Litre Storage Trunk pink and purple set of 3
Offered by Funky Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and do a good job, 27 Jun. 2015

Recommended.

EcoForce - Recycled Clothes Pegs - 24pack (Case of 7)
EcoForce - Recycled Clothes Pegs - 24pack (Case of 7)
Offered by Healthy Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, and won't rust!, 27 Jun. 2015
Thank goodness for these clothes pegs... At last I have clothes pegs that actually do their job.

They are made of recycled plastics there is no metal on them, so nothing to rust which is a great start. They are also very strong. I don't think even my toddler 'helping' me to hang out the washing will break these things. They hold e laundry on the line very firmly and securely, and they don't move about / slip on the line at all.

Probably important to note that you have to push them all the way onto the line to make them fit properly and to make sure they don't move. When you have pushed them on properly, they are great.

Would really recommend these and I think they will last a long time

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20