Profile for SM > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 16

SM (England)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
2X Battery Operated LED String Fairy Lights 40 LED Bulbs 4M Warm White Wedding Craft Xmas PARTY party lights string

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty!, 20 Oct 2014
This set of fairy lights are lovely and colourful and battery operated.

* two sets of LED fairy lights

Each set of lights has 40 LED's and are 4 metres long. I should add that I think the battery unit should be kept out of the rain - I don't think that section is waterproof - so you may want that bit indoors or cover it up when outdoors.

To set the lights up, three AA batteries need to be inserted into the battery box. This is easily done (be careful to be gentle with the plastic casing as it doesn't seem to be the strongest plastic in the world).

The switch on the battery container operates the lights, and there are different settings:

* flashing

They are very bright and colourful when turned on. They look good!

I particularly like the idea of battery operated lights. Normally I have had cables running along the floor from the plug socket to my lights which with a two year old and a three year old in the house is not safe. So these lights are absolutely perfect from a safety perspective.

Recommended.

2X Battery LED Fairy Lights White 40 LED Bulbs FAIRY LIGHTS Christmas Xmas PARTY WEDDING Portable

5.0 out of 5 stars Look nice, 20 Oct 2014
This set of fairy lights are lovely and bright and battery operated.

* flashing

They are very bright when turned on, and they are perfect for parties or seasonal festivities. They look good!

Recommended.

2X 4M 40 LED Colourful BATTERY OPERATED LED FAIRY STRING LIGHTS IDEAL FOR CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS, FESTIVE LIGHTS, BIRTHDAY PARTY LIGHTS,WEDDING

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and colourful, 20 Oct 2014
This set of fairy lights are lovely and colourful and battery operated.

* flashing

They are very bright and colourful when turned on. They look good!

Recommended.

CVLIFE 24V Safe 250 Leds 50M Warm White String Fairy Lights Lighting for Christmas Tree Party Wedding Garden
Offered by cvlife-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of them - look good, 20 Oct 2014
The CVLIFE fairy lights are excellent lights for any household, whether it be for parties or winter / Christmas. They come in different lengths and colours.

The lengths available are:

* 50m (250 Leds)
* 100m (500 Leds)

The colours available are:

* warm white
* multi colour
* blue
* white

The lights I have are 250 Leds, and are warm white in colour.

The lights themselves are advertised as being suitable for outdoor use and are waterproof. Just make sure that you keep the plug well indoors - it is just your average normal household plug unit and you definitely don't want to get it wet!...

When the lights are turned on, they are lovely and bright, and I really like the warm white colour. There are plenty of them with 250 Leds - 50 metres is more than adequate for my needs - though of course if you need more, you can get twice as many.

I can see that these lights will not only be useful at Christmas time, but would also look lovely around patios, summer house or gardens at any time of year. I am really pleased with this set of lights and they will get a lot of use.

I was sent these lights to test and to provide an honest review.

Recommended.

Set of 2 4M 40 Snowflake Warm White LED Battery Operated Fairy Lights For Christmas Tree Lights, New Year Decoration Lights, Festive Lights, Birthday Party Lights, Wedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Both the white and coloured version look lovely, 20 Oct 2014
These snowflake battery operated fairy lights are lovely lights, particularly suitable for the winter and Christmas time.

* two strands of lights - 40 lights on each

To use, 3 AA batteries need to be inserted. This is easy to do - though it is worth being careful not to break the plastic lid whilst putting it back on after putting the batteries in - this seems to be the only slightly weak element of the product.

There is a switch on the battery unit itself for turning the lights on and off. There are three positions on the switch, These are:

* on - flashing
* on - steady light

I tested these lights both in the warm white colour and the multi colour. I like both and they both work equally well. It really depends on individual taste - I prefer the white ones. But the colourful ones are lovely and bright with lots of colours shining out.

The snowflakes are transparent, and the LED's are quite bright. This looks really nice when the lights are turned on as it lights up the snowflakes throughout - they look pretty when they are all lit up.

One of my favourite things about these lights is the fact that they do not use mains electricity. Normally we have wires running along the floor to the nearest plug socket at Christmas time when we put up the lights. With a 2 and 3 year old in the house, this isn't a great idea. These lights solve that problem really well and are so much safer therefore.

In summary, these are really nice fairy lights. You get plenty of them and they are lovely and bright with the option for a continuous or flashing light. I like them.

Sellotape 1443259 Original Tape - Golden
Sellotape 1443259 Original Tape - Golden
Offered by Pandora Plum

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky!, 19 Oct 2014
There are a lot of sellotape imitations of there and none of them that I have found actually stick anywhere near as well as the original product.

I use it for all sorts of things but mainly making things with the children and for making sure that packages and parcels that I send in the post are safely sealed.

Useful stuff that I take for granted but use every week!

Recommended.

Creative Sound Blaster Roar: Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with aptX/AAC. 5 Drivers, Built-in Subwoofer, Incredibly Powerful. Amazing Price of £199

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 Oct 2014
The Creative sound blaster roar speaker is a Bluetooth speaker, which to be honest, as an ex professional musician, I have found to be astonishingly good.

In the boys you will find:

* speaker
* micro USB cable
* plug (interchangeable)
* user guide
* quick start up guide

In use, first of all you are instructed to charge the unit for three hours. Then the speaker is easy to pair up with a Bluetooth compatible device. If you aren't using Bluetooth, the speaker can be used with NFC, micro SD card or USB connection. There is also a headphone so ket (3.5mm).

Once I got the speaker up and running, I was instantly awed by its sound. The speaker has five drivers with two amplifiers. There is also a built in sub woofer. The amplifiers make the music sound absolutely perfectly balanced. There is just the right amount of both treble and base. Another big plus point is that the sound fills the room. It doesn't sound as though it is coming from such a small (ish) single unit. We have placed ours on a shelf which is centrally located on the wall and the sound is great from all angles. This speaker, in all the music I have played on it so far, has not shown any distortion whatsoever, even when playing very loudly.

The unit has a 'roar' button. This button, when pressed, gives more pow to the output. It isn't just louder though, it gives it a boost which also increases the depth and richness of the music.

The speaker has a 6000 mAh battery and once charged is good to use for a number of hours before t needs to be recharged. There are some LED lights on the top of the unit which indicate how much charge is in the unit. This is handy both when charging (to estimate how much longer until it is charged) and also in use.

The micro SD card function can also be used to record. This could be to record a phonecall etc if needed - not sure I would have a use for this, but if you do, you can do it! Another function I'm not sure I will personally need is the siren - it can be used to alert people that you need help. It is rather loud... I wouldn't suggest doing this indoors!

Overall, I am absolutely delighted with this speaker. The sound is fantastic, it is easy to use and it is versatile. I would say that although it isn't cheap, it is worth the money - many comparable speakers would cost more.

Recommended.

Creative Sound Blaster Roar Speaker: Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with aptX/AAC. 5 Drivers, Built-in Subwoofer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Oct 2014

In the boys you will find:

* speaker
* micro USB cable
* plug (interchangeable)
* user guide
* quick start up guide

Recommended.

1Byone SMD Circuit Technology Design Amplified Flat-Panel TV Aerial, Indoor Digital TV Antenna For USB TV Tuner/DVB-T Television VHF/UHF/FM, Free View And Analog TV Signals
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and works well, 18 Oct 2014
The 1Byone amplified flat panel tv a riel is a fairly compact and easy to use indoor a riel for your television.

In the box you get:

* antenna
* desktop stand
* power adapter

It is easy to set up. I simply plugged it into my TV and plugged into the power.

It has enabled us to get TV channels where we could t before, and it has transformed our viewing on the upstairs television where we had previously only really watched dvd's.

In summary, this item is very unobtrusive, is really easy to use, and it does a good job.

Recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2014 8:18 PM BST

1Byone Type QH-0016 Portable Cabinet Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit and Push Button With LED Indicator, Wireless Remote Control Doorbell With 36 Different Chimes Polyphonic Melodies To Choose
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and to use, 13 Oct 2014
The 1Byone portable cabinet wireless doorbell door chime kit is a really good doorbell, which is easy to set up and start using.

In the box you will find:

* doorbell push button unit
* receiver
* stand for receiver
* screws
* wall plugs
* doorbell battery
* instructions

The battery first needs to be inserted into the doorbell unit. Then, 2 AAA batteries need to be put inside the receiving unit. The AAA batteries are not included.

You have the option of either screwing the doorbell unit to the door frame or using sticky pads. I find that these sticky pads are absolutely adequate, and stay put.

My doorbell worked straight out of the box, but there are instructions to pair the doorbell unit with the receiver if needed, and this process would appear to take seconds and be very straight forward.

There are lots of different options available with regard to chimes. These range from tunes through to kore normal doorbell sounds. So if you're looking for some variation, this doorbell is for you! It is also possible to have a light flash on the receiver when the doorbell is rung - this is ideal for people with hearing difficulties.

Overall, as with most 1Byone products, this item is of great quality and works well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20