Profile for SM > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Simply Yoga
Simply Yoga

5.0 out of 5 stars Good app, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Simply Yoga (App)
I've tried this app for the first time this morning, and I was really impressed! It is suitable for anyone, from beginners through to those more used to yoga.

You are able to choose the length of workout, and there are instructions (spoken) throughout. This is really helpful, especially for a beginner to yoga.

Overall, it seems to be a well designed app. I've tried a few yoga apps in the past, and I think this is possibly the best I've tried so far.

Recommended.

Breett Multifunction Fm Radio Stereo Transmitter Car Mp3 with Bluetooth4.0 Handsfree Calling and Standard USB Charging Port (Black) (Black) (Black)
Offered by Amazing-deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, 23 July 2014
The Breett multifunction Fm radio stereo transmitter is a handy device which allows the user to play music, take part in hands free telephone calls and charge gadgets whilst driving.

In the box, you get:

* transmitter (in 2 parts)
* instructions

In use:

The transmitter looks very smart. It is simple to attach in the car - it simply plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. Once it is plugged in, it proved to be easy to pair up with my tablet. I tested it using my iPad mini. However, it would be the same process for any Bluetooth device that you would wish to pair up.

The next stage in set up is to ensure that the fm frequency is set on the device. Simply choose a frequency and set up the car radio to the same frequency. At this point, with the device paired up through Bluetooth, and the fm frequency set, you are good to go!

I turned on some music through my iPad mini, and it played very clearly through the speakers of my car radio. The sound quality was excellent and it sounded as good as cd's usually sound playing on the car radio.

I also paired the device up to an iPhone. Again, music was played clearly and with no problems. When a telephone call came through on the phone, the music stopped playing and I was able to take the call, hands free, with the sound coming out of my car speakers. The person on the other end of the phone said that my voice was as clear as usual. I was very impressed with this function - it's s o much nicer than having to wear a Bluetooth headset for making and receiving calls!

The device also boasts a USB port. Through this port it is possible to charge your gadgets. This worked faultlessly at charging up my iPad mini. I also tried it with a phone. Again, it worked well and with no problems. It is also possible to charge the device you are playing music from simultaneously.

Overall, this is a really handy device. Being able to perform all the different functions, at the same time, is impressive and all the features work brilliantly. I've been very impressed.

I was given this item to test and to honestly review.

loom dreamTM-600 MIXED SKIN Loom Bands & 24 S-Clips
loom dreamTM-600 MIXED SKIN Loom Bands & 24 S-Clips
Offered by topideal

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and good quality, 22 July 2014
A relative got my daughter these, and I wasn't a fan of the colours in reality. But if you need or want these colours, the bands seem strong and durable - of good quality.

Rayware Fairy 3 Piece Childrens Cutlery Set 14065
Rayware Fairy 3 Piece Childrens Cutlery Set 14065
Offered by UK HOT BARGAINS

3.0 out of 5 stars Look good, but quality is questionable, 22 July 2014
This set is nice looking and my little girl has really liked using the items. They are very girly looking, and made her feel very grown up!

The problems with the product are that the pictures have worn off. Also, the handle on the spoon is very very loose. It started getting loose after only a months usage. So they may not be the strongest set about.

For the short term though, to get my daughter feeding herself more happily, they were ideal.

SecurityIng® Waterproof 1200LM CREE XM-L2 LED Flashlight 5 Modes Bright Adjustable Focus Black Color CREE L2 Torch Lamp with Clip for Easily Carrying (No Battery)
Offered by ePath Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, 21 July 2014
This torch works really well and does a perfect job.

I live in an area where there are no street lights and we are miles away from the nearest town. It is dark at night. Really dark! So obviously a good bright torch is very useful, especially when getting the shopping out of the car in the winter after work, or taking the dogs for a walk. This torch performs absolutely brilliantly. It is very very bright. It can light up the whole lane ahead of me with no problem, right off into the distance. I have other torches that have cost considerably more money but don't do anywhere near as good a job as this.

The torch itself is light. It is also not too big. It is easy and comfortable to hold in your hand - I was surprised that something of this size would produce such a good beam. To turn it on, the button on the end of the torch simply needs to be pressed. To turn the torch off, the same button simply needs to be pressed again. The beam width can be altered by turning the area on the body of the torch just behind the bulb. It is also possible to create a strobe and SOS effect through doing this.

The torch is advertised as waterproof. I haven't poured a bucket of water over it, but certainly it has been absolutely fine whilst out for a walk with me in the rain!

This is a good and bright torch. It is worth noting that the batteries are slightly unusual and will need purchasing alongside the torch.

I was sent this product to test and to honestly review.

BTR High Quality Bike Seat Wedge Pack Pannier Storage Bag - Water Resistant
BTR High Quality Bike Seat Wedge Pack Pannier Storage Bag - Water Resistant
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs well, 21 July 2014
The BTR Bike Seat Wedge bag is a well made and useful bag for any cyclist. I have been trying it out on my Giant Avail (road bike) and have found it to be a practical and useful addition when I do not want to carry everything in the back pocket of my cycling jersey.

The bag is fitted beneath the saddle. It is a simple process to set it up. There is a velcro strap which attaches around the seat post, and another strap which clips up underneath the saddle. Once attached, it has stayed where it was put and hasn't moved about or dropped off at any point. So, it is stable - which is just what is needed!

Inside the bag, there is plenty of room for your multi-tool, puncture repair kit and spare inner tube along with a few energy gels. For me, it will be a really practical bag when I am fitter again, for riding 100km sportives - I will be able to get everything I need in there.

The bag is advertised as water-resistant, but I have found that any rain and spray that it has encountered has not permeated the bag itself. The contents have remained dry.

I was sent this bag to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch Tablet (Bronze) - (ARM Exynos 5 Octa-Core 1.9GHz, 3GB RAM, 16GB Storage, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G LTE, Android 4.4)
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 July 2014
This tablet has completely taken me by surprise. I often like products, but this one is as good as you can get - there is very little to criticise!

This is very light weight and thin - it is thinner than an ipad mini - which is no mean feat. The ipad mini is 7.2mm and this is 6.6mm. Somehow though, despite its lightness and the fact it is so slimline, it still feels solid and easily handled - in my opinion they have got the dimensions of this tablet perfect.

In terms of performance, it doesn't let you down in any area. It is fast and responsive. It does what you want it to do when you want it to do it. You can be running multiple programmes and apps at a time and it doesn't falter.

The camera seems to work well, producing clear and crisp pictures. The camera is 8MP rear-facing and 2.1MP front-facing. There is also an LED flash.

This tablet is 16GB but you can use a microSD card to increase the storage which means you can add up to another 128GB. Impressive!

Basically, everything performs brilliantly, and it is an excellent purchase. I believe it gives Apple a run for their money. The only negative thing I have found is that the battery life isn't huge - but then on a much used item, running a lot of things simultaneously I guess it would be unreasonable to expect it to be.

Recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 11:19 AM BST

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch Tablet (White) - (ARM Exynos 5 Octa-Core 1.9GHz, 3GB RAM, 16GB Storage, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G LTE, Android 4.4)
Offered by Wowcamera

Recommended.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch Tablet(White) - (ARM Exynos 5 Octa-Core 1.9GHz, 3GB RAM, 16GB Storage, Wi-Fi, Android 4.4)
Offered by Wowcamera