Profile for SM > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amazon Fire Game Controller
Amazon Fire Game Controller

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 25 Oct 2014
The Amazon Fire Game controller is a good concept with some rather worrying flaws.

The idea is great - that it opens up the number of games that can be played, and gives the opportunity to be able to get lots of low price games to play through the fire TV. It is wireless and not too heavy in the hand. You can also use it as a remote control for media like music and videos. It looks and feels good out of the box.

On the negative side, it is really hard to control! My partner was expecting great things from it in this area and has been left disappointed. Both the right and left analogue sticks are not easy - they aren't accurate and are just difficult to use. The d pad is stiff. It is a very frustrating user experience!

Overall, it promised great things but the physical functions need tweaking a bit.

Peppa Pig Sit n Bounce - Purple
Peppa Pig Sit n Bounce - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for coordination!, 25 Oct 2014
My little girl is absolutely mad about Peppa pig and loves anything to do with Peppa and muddy puddles. This bouncer / hopper is a perfect size for her at three years old. It seems to be relatively durable and unlikely to break, and she has used it both inside and outside. It is also quick and easy to inflate.

My daughter, probably like many three year old, lacks coordination on occasion. This has really seemed to help her with that, very quickly.

Really nice Peppa themed toy.

Recommended.

Paul Mitchell Curls Twirl Around (150ml)
Paul Mitchell Curls Twirl Around (150ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and natural curls, 25 Oct 2014
I have used many different products over the years for my curly hair. There is a lot of it, and it is very curly! It is also prone to frizz if I don't look after it. My hairdresser introduced me to this product. It is absolutely brilliant for my hair type. It defines my curls, but unlike many curl products, it doesn't leave any stiff bits of hair - it is soft and curly. It therefore leaves a really natural look.

You don't need to use much and it's best if you especially aim to get it nearer the roots of the hair.

Tassimo Cadbury Hot Chocolate Pack of 2, 2x16 T-Discs
Tassimo Cadbury Hot Chocolate Pack of 2, 2x16 T-Discs
Offered by SHOP 4 LESS

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but small portion size, 25 Oct 2014
These do taste good and they do taste of the familiar Cadbury chocolate. I buy these occasionally and they are good as a comforting warm drink as the weather gets colder.

My criticisms are that they don't come out that strong in flavour, and the portion size is somewhat mean.

Double Wear Zero Smudge Volume Lift Mascara Brown
Double Wear Zero Smudge Volume Lift Mascara Brown
Offered by M Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 25 Oct 2014
This is excellent mascara -it isn't cheap, but lasts me ages.

It comes in a smart looking blue tube. The mascara goes on easily and smoothly. It doesn't clump or smudge easily. It stays put all day and looks as fresh at the end of the day - even on me - I have a terrible habit of rubbing the corner of my eye when I'm thinking - and this mascara stays put!

Recommended.

Pet Corrector 30ml (Single)
Pet Corrector 30ml (Single)
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 25 Oct 2014
This was bought for a dog who barked at just about everything, whether it be a car that drove past or... God forbid... The postman!......we just could t stop him and with a young baby in the house we couldn't let it continue.

This spray just gives off a loud hiss of air. Enough to make the dog jump, but of course, it's entirely harmless and won't hurt the dog in any way at all. We found that using it as soon as he started barking, coupled with a firm "no" surprisingly quickly cured the problem.

As a training aid, this definitely works!

Proviz Women's Reflect 360 Cycling Jacket - Silver/Reflective, Size 12
Proviz Women's Reflect 360 Cycling Jacket - Silver/Reflective, Size 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Make yourself seen!, 24 Oct 2014
This is a really great jacket. It is a comfortable fit for me and no bits that rub or pull when cycling. There are vents to allow air flow, and the design is good.

This jacket looks pretty normal and not miraculous in any way when you first pick it up. When it gets dark and lights are shining on it, the effect is absolutely astonishing! It really shows up. I look almost ghost like in it, shining out in the darkness. Perfect for commuting or just for those who want to stand out to traffic as much as possible.

Proviz Men's Reflect 360 Cycling Jacket - Silver/Reflective, Large
Proviz Men's Reflect 360 Cycling Jacket - Silver/Reflective, Large
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Oct 2014
This is a really great jacket. It is a comfortable fit for my partner and no bits that rub or pull when cycling.

This jacket looks pretty normal and not miraculous in any way when you first pick it up. When it gets dark and lights are shining on it, the effect is absolutely astonishing! It really shows up. My partner looks almost ghost like in it, shining out in the darkness. Perfect for commuting or just for those who want to stand out to traffic as much as possible.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I've just set this up and so far I am impressed!

When you open the box you will find:

* amazon fire TV
* remote
* power adapter
* 2 AAA batteries
* instructions

Make sure that you have an HDMI cable, an HDTV and a good internet connection, and you're good to go.

It is really simple to set up. You connect to the TV, plug in, connect to the internet. On arrival it is registered to the actual amazon account - so things are pretty much done for you. I like technology which is easy to set up - something that's far too rare these days!...

In terms of what it does, it opens up a new world of television viewing, particularly for those without smart tv's. Amazon instant video works really well, and there is access to Netflix and other online TV options. You can view photos, listen to music etc. there is a long list on the product page of what you can get, and certainly everything I've tried so far has worked with no problems.

The remote control is easy to use and isn't packed with buttons you don't need. On the remote, you will find:

* play / pause
* fast forward
* rewind
* home
* menu
* back
* navigation wheel
* select (in centre of wheel)
* voice search

There is also a microphone on the remote to use for voice searches - which incidentally also works really well - I think that's a really good idea - I was dubious before trying it as to how well it would work, but it does!

Overall, so far, it seems to be a fab product. I will update as I use it more and if I encounter any problems.

Recommended.

2X Battery Operated LED String Fairy Lights 40 LED Bulbs 4M Warm White Wedding Craft Xmas PARTY party lights string
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty!, 20 Oct 2014
This set of fairy lights are lovely and colourful and battery operated.

In the box, you get:

* two sets of LED fairy lights

Each set of lights has 40 LED's and are 4 metres long. I should add that I think the battery unit should be kept out of the rain - I don't think that section is waterproof - so you may want that bit indoors or cover it up when outdoors.

To set the lights up, three AA batteries need to be inserted into the battery box. This is easily done (be careful to be gentle with the plastic casing as it doesn't seem to be the strongest plastic in the world).

The switch on the battery container operates the lights, and there are different settings:

* off
* continual light
* flashing

They are very bright and colourful when turned on. They look good!

I particularly like the idea of battery operated lights. Normally I have had cables running along the floor from the plug socket to my lights which with a two year old and a three year old in the house is not safe. So these lights are absolutely perfect from a safety perspective.

I was sent these lights to test and to honestly review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20