Profile for CycleRacing > Reviews

Content by CycleRacing
Top Reviewer Ranking: 14

CycleRacing (England)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
VonShef 2 in 1 Crepe Pancake Maker with Crepe Making Accessory Tool Kit and Additional Teppanyaki Party Wok Pan Set plus Four Coloured Stylish Pans

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and I really love it!, 31 Aug. 2015
This crepe / pancake maker is the kind of kitchen gadget I would never normally consider purchasing but now I have been given it I absolutely love it! It puts a whole new slant on cooking pancakes - I feel somehow more organised using this and I get in much less mess!

The product comes with a smooth surface to cook pancakes and also a surface with slots for the mini pans that come with the maker. It is very easy to use - you turn on and adjust the temperature to the required heat level. You do need to wait for the surface to heat up - I tend to turn it on and prepare my ingredients as it heats up. After this, you are good to go!

Once heated, the surface is HOT. I learned this to my detriment when I accidentally put my finger on the surface. My own fault.... and you really do need / want it to be hot. So yes - most things (including the odd stray finger) can be cooked relatively easily.

I like the fact that this can be easily transported and it can be used whilst away. It can also be used in a social sense with the individual pans and individuals cooking their own tapas etc informally around the table.

It is a really great kitchen item which is a little bit different and unusual. It is also very helpful!

I was sent this item free in return for an honest review.

Would definitely recommend!

VonShef Set of 3 Non-Stick Spring Form Cake Tins
VonShef Set of 3 Non-Stick Spring Form Cake Tins

5.0 out of 5 stars Perform well, 31 Aug. 2015
These cake tins are really good value and they do the job really well. I am currently doing a lot of cooking / baking with my four year old daughter and she has enjoyed using these tins!

I really like spring form tins as it is much easier to remove cakes and cheesecakes etc from them after cooking. These tins do unclip easily enough and from there it is a simple matter to remove your creation!

The tins are fine in the dishwasher, freezer and fridge. I have tried them in each of these and they have survived fine with no ill effects at all. So far I have made cakes, a cheesecake and a pie in these. They have come out really well - evenly cooked and easy to remove.

Overall, these are really good cake tins which perform just as well as more expensive alternatives. I will be using them a lot.

I was sent this item free of charge in order to provide an honest review.

Recommended.

Online Business Startup - The entrepreneur's guide to launching a fast, lean and profitable online venture
by Robin Waite

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 22 Aug. 2015
This book has been an interesting and refreshing read around this area. So many books I've read recently surrounding business startup and online strategies have either been really dull or far too simplistic. This book strikes a really good balance, whereby it contains essential information alongside ideas which really will help kickstart your business into action.

The main areas in the book are:
* Strategy
* Website
* Site launch checklist
* Social Media

Each of these areas has ordered steps which you need to take.

The author very clearly knows what he is talking about, and there is enough detail in each of the steps to get you thinking and to take further action on the areas. Reading the book alone isn't going to enable you to set up a successful business online in minutes - but if that's what you are expecting you might as well forget being successful in the first place. What the book DOES do is point out the main areas where either you can go wrong or where you can make a real impact by taking action.

This is certainly a book that I will be returning to, and I think it is invaluable to anyone setting up business online.

I was sent this book by the author (whom I don't know!) in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

Recommended.

VonShef - Chrome Finish Stainless Steel 3 Cup Trigger Action Flour Sifter Sieve 0.7L

5.0 out of 5 stars Does intended job well, 17 Aug. 2015
This Flour Sifter is a shiny and smart addition to any kitchen! More importantly, it also works well...

It holds 0.7 litres (or in other measurements - 3 cups). This is a decent amount of flour and it is therefore practical and convenient when baking etc.

The sifter has a trigger release system. This in reality is a trigger on the handle which you can pull whilst holding the handle. This causes the flour to sieve through the mesh inside the cup and to fall through. This is certainly as advertised - a one handed operation and it is easy to use even if your hands are not particularly strong.

Whilst using this sifter, don't forge to place it on a plate or a saucer. If you don't, you are likely to get flour all over your work surface!

For the job it is intended to do, it works very well.

I was sent this item in order to provide and honest review.

MICRO MUG PEPPA PIG
MICRO MUG PEPPA PIG

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppa Pig mug, 17 Aug. 2015
This review is from: MICRO MUG PEPPA PIG (Misc.)
This mug is perfect for any young Peppa Pig fan.

It is made of bright and colourful plastic. The plastic itself appears to me to be very durable and thick enough not to be breakable with the inevitable dropping and bangs that occur with toddlers and young children.

The mug is safe in the microwave for up to 2 minutes. Ideal for warm milk before bed. Just be careful to stir and check the temperature.... Hot spots appear when using microwaves...

The mug isn't micro in size. It is actually a really good size!

VonShef 4 Slice Sandwich Press and Grill, Stainless steel
VonShef 4 Slice Sandwich Press and Grill, Stainless steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 July 2015
This VonShef Sandwich Press and Grill is a really good addition to my kitchen. My children are huge fans of toasted sandwiches and paninis - so we have really enjoyed using this.

It is a smart bit of kitchen equipment. It is a shiny silver colour with black trimmings and looks good. It is fairly large - so not easily tucked away in a cupboard. It is about 33cm wide, and its depth to the handle is about 33cm also. Its height is about 11cm. We use ours a fair amount so it has a permanent place on a work surface now.

It is really simple to use. You simply need to plug it in, upon which a red light will appear. This indicates that the sandwich press is heating up. Once it is ready to use, a green light comes on. The only control on the item is the temperature control - once I got that set to a position we were happy with it wasn't touched again.

At this point - put your sandwiches or burgers etc in! The top plate is a hinged, floating plate so it is good for your food whatever the thickness. I go by how the food looks as to when to remove it. We have had really great results every time we have used it, and it is now used most days.

I was sent this item to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

VonShef 12L Premium Digital Halogen Oven Convection Cooker 1400W with Hinged Lid + Extras Incl FREE 200 Page Recipe Book, High Rack, Low Rack, Extender Ring, Oven Glove, Tongs (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good versatile cooker, 26 July 2015
The VonShef 12L Digital Halogen Oven is a really good oven - it has been useful to me when I have had my main oven full / run out of space when cooking for the whole family. It is essentially an additional oven. Anything a normal oven can do (cook, grill, etc) this oven can also do.

The oven looks very smart and modern. Be aware - it does take up a large amount of space. It is a big item.

Using it is very simple. You simply need to place your food item in the oven, choose the time and temperature - and off you go! It doesn't cook as quickly as a microwave but is quicker than my normal kitchen oven. The food produced from this halogen oven also tastes better than when it comes out of a microwave.

The oven comes with a range of accessories. These include:
* oven glove
* extender ring (cook up to 17 litres)
* baking tray
* steamer tray
* skewers
* tongs (these are a bit basic and fiddly to use)
* 2 racks of different heights

Once I got to grips with the oven it worked very well. The only thing I've really failed on and not succeeded with practice is eggs - I have become very familiar with the smell of burned eggs (not nice). But other than this - it is now being very useful and it is very versatile.

This oven is absolutely ideal for people with limited space, students, single people / couples or those who simply want more cooking space.

I was sent this item to test and to provide an honest review.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Sennheiser RS165 Vibrant Sound Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser RS165 Vibrant Sound Wireless Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Jun. 2015
I am a huge fan of classical music, and being an ex professional musician I really do appreciate a good set of headphones for listening to music in my own little world without interruption. These headphones have met my expectations really well and are currently getting a lot of use.

They come well packaged and look 'posh' from the start. The transmitter and headphones look very sleek and smart - they have a look of quality.

More important though is how they sound. The audio clarity is, at this price range, absolutely terrific. They are crystal clear. They have bass boost which improves the bass response - some music sounds particularly good with this although with the music I mainly listen to it is not necessary. They really give you the feeling that you are listening in the same room as the music is being performed.

The headphones are comfortable to wear and properly cover you ears. They are not advertised as noise isolating, but this is pretty much what they are. I can block out pretty much everything in terms of outside noise when using these. Their range is good, and I can move around a good distance without losing reception.

Overall, these headphones produce great sound which is well balanced and extremely clear. I really like them!

Recommended.

BTR Premium Yellow Backpack / Rucksack Cover - High Visibility and Waterproof With Reflective 3M Tape & Extra Highly Reflective Stripes
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay Safe..., 27 Jun. 2015
This backpack / rucksack cover is absolutely ideal for anyone who is out cycling (or running) whilst wearing a bag - and importantly, wants to be seen as it gets darker or in the dark! I personally wear as much high vis stuff as I can when I'm out in the dark - I'm not going to give any drivers and excuse to knock me over!....

It is possible to get this cover to fit really well / securely. It is advertised as fitting 14 - 40 litre backpacks. Certainly the two backpacks I use for work fit in it well - I don't know their litres - but they are just fairly normal / average size bags.

There is a drawstring to initially get a good fit around your bag. Following this, there are also velcro straps to hold it in place. These straps go the width and length of your bag. By the time these are fixed, there is no way that the cover and your bag are going to part company.

This cover really is extremely good in the dark and you do show up really well. The reflective strips which are all over it are excellent. It is advertised as waterproof, and certainly this seems to be correct. My bag and its contents have not got wet whilst I have cycled home in the rain.

Overall, this is a really good product which is certain to assist in keeping you better seen whilst out on the roads.

I was sent this item to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

High Grade Blue 48Lt Large Plastic Kids Toy Organiser Storage Box Tidy & Green Clip-On Lid
Offered by Funky Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, and perfect for storing children's toys, 27 Jun. 2015
My husband bought some of these boxes to serve as toy boxes in our two daughters bedrooms.

48 litres is a really good size and you can fit quite a few toys in.

The boxes themselves are well made and strong. I have found that some boxes seem to bend a lot and are quite flimsy. That isn't the case with these.

I like the lids on these boxes. They do actually clip on properly rather than just 'sit' on the top of the box.

For children's bedrooms, these boxes are ideal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20