Profile for CycleRacing > Reviews

Content by CycleRacing
Top Reviewer Ranking: 21

CycleRacing (England)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[Valentine's Day Present] Bluetooth 4.0 Headset,Mixcder Ghost Over-Ear Headphones with aptX CD Sound,Wireless or Wired,Noise Isolating, Built-in Microphone,20 Hours Play Time,Deep Bass Stereo Earphone(Black)
Offered by Xfire-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear sound, 5 Feb. 2016
I received these headphones, at no cost to myself, in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Upon arrival, the headphones come smartly packaged and neatly packed.

The first thing I noticed is how unusual they look in terms of their pattern. They are pretty unique! I like them very much visually although my partner claims they are 'girly'!

They are very easy to charge through the supplied USB cable. They didn't take too long to charge completely. I left them for about a couple of hours.

It was a simple matter to pair the headphones up with my iPad. The headphones gave a passcode, but I didn't need to use it.

In use, for listening to music, I have tried them with a variety including light rock, pop and classical. They have an extremely crisp and clear sound. The sound is pretty even throughout although I would like a slightly heavier bass. Overall though they are good. You can control the volume etc either through little buttons on the headphones or through the device you are using to play music.

In terms of using them to make a hands free call I had a few problems. I made the call through my iPhone very easily. I could hear the person I was speaking to very well. However they said the clarity from my end was quite poor and that I was unclear. I have tried this several times with the same results.

Overall, these are good headphones for general listening and are unique looking!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer - Age Precision - Pack of 1
Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer - Age Precision - Pack of 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 4 Feb. 2016
This thermometer has been very useful for us. We had an earlier model of it which was simpler. This thermometer has a coloured screen. You turn it on and then pick the age of the person you are taking the temperature of. You have three choices:
* 0-3 months
* 3-36 months
* 36 months +

The idea is that when you take the temperature, the screen will not only tell you the result, but it will also 'warn' you if the temperature is too high. For example, my three year old had a temperature of just over 40 a few weeks ago when she got an infection, and the screen lit up red - indicating we needed to get her some medical attention (which we had already done...). If you are knowledgeable about temperatures etc I suppose it is a bit of a gimmick in this sense - but for a new parent or someone who is not so knowledgeable it would be a useful feature.

Importantly, this thermometer seems to give exactly the same reading as the ones used at the doctors surgery - therefore I would assume it is likely to be pretty accurate.

We are pleased with it.

Grey's Anatomy - Season 1-11 [DVD]
Grey's Anatomy - Season 1-11 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Pompeo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Feb. 2016
I discovered Grey's Anatomy on Amazon Prime - and was watching for free - got up to season 3 and it was removed from Prime! So we bought this set.

It is really very good. The character development through the episodes and the seasons is good and you really feel that you get to know the characters well as time goes on. There are some quite dramatic scenes and I suppose to non medics some quite gory scenes. But the medical information behind a lot of it is good and well informed. Besides all medical, you follow the characters lives... Their loves, their losses, their friendships etc. There are not many episodes that you watch and feel disappointed at the end.

With regard to the boxing of this item - I can see that some reviewers have had issues. I haven't however. It comes in a largish box with each season in individual packets. In each packet are multiple DVD's. These slide in and out of pockets. No they are not always easy to get back in, but provided you are careful and patient it works just fine.

Recommended!

Pure Chopin
Pure Chopin

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 1 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Pure Chopin (Audio CD)
This is a really lovely CD, with a great selection of music by Chopin, which is beautifully played by Ji Liu.

What I love about Ji Liu's playing is that he is clearly extremely technically proficient in every way. But this doesn't get in the way of his musicality and musicianship. His interpretations are exceptional and it makes really good listening.

This CD is not too heavy in terms of content and is very relaxing to listen to.

Playmobil 5167 Take Along Dollshouse
Playmobil 5167 Take Along Dollshouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Intricate, 14 Jan. 2016
This was bought from Amazon, for Christmas, for my 4 year old daughter from her grandmother. It is a really nice concept and I think it is probably, as far as Playmobil goes, good value.

The house folds open to create a proper space with separate rooms to use. There is a catch on the side on the house to secure it closed when you want to move it about and all the bits and pieces easily fit inside. The open / close mechanism is where it lost a star for me - one of the hinges is a bit dodgy and the house sometimes separates into two pieces. Using brute force it seems to be staying together at the moment however!....

With the house comes loads of pieces (warning - some of them are very small). There are lots of bits and we always make sure that this toy is played with on a table and not the floor where things seem to magically go missing.

You get all the furniture plus extras such as plates, food to go in the fridge, flowers, vases etc etc. There is heaps to do and it also includes the people (including a baby along with highchair!) to play with.

I think that this set is really good, and the fact that you can contain it means that it is a good toy to be able to take away with you on holiday or to grandparents etc.

The Good Life 380 ml Cook with Wine Mug
The Good Life 380 ml Cook with Wine Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook with wine mug, 14 Jan. 2016
For some reason my husband thought that this would make a wonderful present for me... Can't think why....

It is a really nice mug. It has survived being washed a lot without fading in colour. It is a decent size. We have other mugs from 'The Good Life' range and they have been consistently good - the words and pictures on them always make me smile :)

Recommended.

Garmin Vivosmart HR Activity Tracker with Smart Notification and Wrist Based Heart Rate Monitor - Regular, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Vivosmart, 5 Jan. 2016
I love this watch - I've been using it for several weeks and it is really good.

I already had the Garmin Connect App as I use other Garmin devices for cycling and for running. But if you want to get any meaningful stats, measurements and patterns you will want to install the app so that you can analyse your data and progress.

The watch does seem to be pretty accurate in terms of the step count. Yes - it will count steps if you are moving your arm about a lot when you are not walking - but as a general and rough guide it is good. I like the fact that it gives a daily goal for you to reach - I find that this is pretty motivational. It alters your daily goal depending on your daily patterns and whether you are achieving the set goals.

The heart rate is accurate. With a medical background I am able to accurately count my pulse and comparing the watch with manually doing it they seem to be fairly close always. I have a very low resting pulse (in the low 40's) and it is interesting to see what it is doing through the day!

The watch is also measuring distance, calories, stairs.

It is also able to deliver texts and emails. I find that the screen is a little small and fiddly to utilise this function very much. It is handy to just see who has sent you a message and then go to your mobile phone if it is likely to be important.

The sleep function is interesting - there isn't much I can do to change what it says about my sleep, but it still interests me! The app tells you how much deep sleep you are getting each night and how much light sleep. It will also tell you about your movements in the night.

I do have a relatively small wrist and the watch is slightly chunky on my wrist. It is almost on the tightest setting around my wrist.

Recommended!

iRULU Walknbook 2Pro Notebook 2-in-1 11.6" Touch-screen Laptop, 32GB Hybrid Tablet PC, Intel Baytrail Processor, 360-degree hinge design,Windows 10 OS, Rotatable Keyboard, Grey Chassis
Offered by iRULU-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight and practical, 5 Jan. 2016
This is a sleek, light weight notebook which can be operated as a normal laptop or as a tablet.

My first impressions of it were how slimline and light it is. It is truly portable and is easily slipped into a backpack or briefcase.

It was fairly quick to get up and running. However, it does need charging for 10 hours, according to the instructions, before you use it for the first time.

It can be used normally as a laptop. However, the screen can fold all the way back, the keyboard can be locked, and it can then be used as a tablet. Obviously it is a little heavier than a normal tablet - but I assume if you are looking at purchasing this product, you are probably wanting the combination.

In use, it is pretty good. The screen is crisp and clear. I would like to be able to make it ever so slightly brighter than it will go. That is just my personal preference however and there is nothing at all wrong with the quality of the screen.

The mouse / touchpad, I have found slightly difficult to control. It is an all in one - the left and right buttons are all part of the pad rather than raised like on some laptops. The mouse doesn't always go where I want it to go and I end up using the touchscreen instead. I have changed the settings with the touchpad slightly, and it has helped a bit.

The notebook comes with Windows 10 installed, and it also has a months trial of Office 365.

I have played some films on the machine and it has played these easily and clearly. Office seems to run smoothly with no hitches. The battery seems to last many hours, although it does take ages to charge back up!

The keyboard is American layout - but it isn't difficult to get used to.

Overall, it is a good computer, and it performs well considering the price range that it is in.

I was sent this item in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

DBPOWER® 10.5" Portable DVD Player, 3 Hour Rechargeable Battery,Swivel Screen,Supports SD Card and USB, Direct Play in Formats MP4/AVI/RMVB/MP3/JPEG (10.5, Black)
Offered by UNICSTAR OFFICIAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been really useful, 2 Oct. 2015
This is a really good portable DVD player which I have been using now for several weeks.

The player looks a bit like a small laptop and I was really surprised by how light it is! It is SO light and therefore really convenient to carry about - it is truly portable.

It is simple to charge and it does seem to hold its charge very well.

It is easy to get up and running. Once your film is playing, the picture is very clear and at 10.5" the screen is a big enough size to really be able to enjoy what you're watching. The sound is clear and is not distorted, even at louder volumes.

The screen itself lifts up (like on a laptop) and it swivels, so you can angle it at the position you want it at - very useful when you have more than one child trying to watch it!

I like the fact that it comes with the games and controller - a very good idea which makes it more versatile.

The player has been particularly useful in the car for long journeys where my children tend to easily get bored and start moaning.

Overall, this is a really good product and I really like it.

Recommended.

*I was given this item at no cost, in return for an honest review*

VonShef 2 in 1 Crepe & Pancake Maker, 2 Year Free Warranty, Crepe Making Accessory Tool Kit and Additional Teppanyaki Party Wok Pan Set plus Four Coloured Stylish Pans

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and I really love it!, 31 Aug. 2015
This crepe / pancake maker is the kind of kitchen gadget I would never normally consider purchasing but now I have been given it I absolutely love it! It puts a whole new slant on cooking pancakes - I feel somehow more organised using this and I get in much less mess!

The product comes with a smooth surface to cook pancakes and also a surface with slots for the mini pans that come with the maker. It is very easy to use - you turn on and adjust the temperature to the required heat level. You do need to wait for the surface to heat up - I tend to turn it on and prepare my ingredients as it heats up. After this, you are good to go!

Once heated, the surface is HOT. I learned this to my detriment when I accidentally put my finger on the surface. My own fault.... and you really do need / want it to be hot. So yes - most things (including the odd stray finger) can be cooked relatively easily.

I like the fact that this can be easily transported and it can be used whilst away. It can also be used in a social sense with the individual pans and individuals cooking their own tapas etc informally around the table.

It is a really great kitchen item which is a little bit different and unusual. It is also very helpful!

I was sent this item free in return for an honest review.

Would definitely recommend!