Profile for SM > Reviews

2014 Tour De France Official Souvenir Pack
by Future
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 29 July 2014
We buy one of these every year before the Tour de France starts - and they make a really nice keepsake as well from every year - so although the Tour is now over - it is still worth picking up from previous years if you're into cycling.

You get a few bits and pieces in the box. You get a DVD of the highlights of the previous year. Then there is a wall chart (decent size) showing a big map and where each stage is going to and from. There is also the official programme, official map and a smallish book about Classic Tour stories.

Overall, although it doesn't come cheap, it contains a wealth of information and really helps you to know what's happening at every stage of the Tour.

Retreat (Kindle Single)
Retreat (Kindle Single)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 29 July 2014
This book is very well written. It has suspense and leaves you constantly wondering what is going to happen next. But at the same time, the author has managed to make 'real' characters. I certainly felt a connection with them. The book has captured human emotion and the psychology of people really well, and it makes for good reading.

WD40 Multi-Purpose Lubricant Spray Can 200ml WD-44102-12 - 12x200ml = 2400ml
WD40 Multi-Purpose Lubricant Spray Can 200ml WD-44102-12 - 12x200ml = 2400ml
Offered by Nielsen CDG
Price: 33.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy!, 28 July 2014
I love WD40 because of its versatility and great number of different uses.

I've used it for all kind of things... The most recent being my bike shed which is locked with a combination padlock. Unfortunately the padlock had decided to become stuck and had rusted up a little. I sprayed with WD40 and the padlock is working perfectly once again.

Other things I have used this product on is my bicycle chain, squeaky doors, hinges in need of a little help, and also my car door - the key no longer wanted to go in and actually turn. Again, the WD40 worked a treat and I encountered no further problems.

Around the house it is like magic on skirting boards - as advertised, it really does get those scuff marks off! I had got so used to getting frustrated and endlessly rubbing them to get marks off. This makes life altogether easier....

I've had WD40 in all sorts of different dispensing packets over time from normal sprays through to those with the straws etc. to be honest, for my everyday needs, I just buy the cheapest available option these days as I find that they are all capable of doing a good job regardless of the delivery method.

Highly recommended!

Wd-40 Spray 600Ml
Wd-40 Spray 600Ml
Offered by Automania Greenford
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Wd-40 Spray 600Ml (Misc.)
I love WD40 because of its versatility and great number of different uses.

Highly recommended!

Sellotape 1443254 Original Golden Tape Roll Non-Static Easy-Tear Small 24mmx33m [Pack 6]
Offered by Fuzion
Price: 15.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 28 July 2014
There are a lot of sellotape imitations of there and none of them that I have found actually stick anywhere near as well as the original product. I use it for all sorts of things but mainly making things with the children and for making sure that packages and parcels that I send in the post are safely sealed.

Useful stuff that I take for granted but use every week!

Sellotape Original Tape 24mm x 66m
Sellotape Original Tape 24mm x 66m
Offered by Claire Clifford Office Products
Price: 3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky!, 28 July 2014

Useful stuff that I take for granted but use every week!

Snail Bob 2
Snail Bob 2
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Snail Bob 2 (App)
This is fun. It will be particularly good for children as it is a game that will get them thinking. None of the levels I've played so far are too difficult, but it's all fairly well thought out and with good graphics.

Recommended.

Yankee Candle Value Set Indian Summer Votive Candles (Set of 5)
Yankee Candle Value Set Indian Summer Votive Candles (Set of 5)
Offered by Online Garden Centre
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set, 27 July 2014
This is a gorgeous set of candles. They remind me of hot humid days in the sun - good memories of our honeymoon!

Although these candles are not huge, they last many hours and it does represent good value.

The candles you get in this set are:

* ginger dusk
* wild fig
* lake sunset
* amber moon
* honey glow

As with all Yankee candles, the smells are nice and strong and can still be smelt the next morning when they have been used the previous evening.

Recommended.

BTR Front Pannier Handlebar Bike Bag with Mobile Phone Holder with Clear PVC Screen - Water Resistant - Black
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful!, 27 July 2014
BTR produce different handlebar bike bags with mobile phone holders. This is a large one. The actual function of the different sizes of bag are identical - it is simply a matter of deciding which size bag is most appropriate to your needs. For example, what you want to store and how big your phone is!

These bags are absolutely fab for people who take their phones out with them for training purposes such as to subsequently use Strava to measure distances and routes and speeds or for those who are using their telephone as a sat nav and need to be able to see it at a glance.

Attaching the bag to the bike is a very simple process, by way of velcro straps. There are three Velcro straps to attach. I found on my road bike, that these went around easily and with no problems. They didn't come undone once I had put them on - the bag stayed put!

The bag has two compartments. One section on the top for a telephone and then a storage section underneath. The bag feels padded and gives confidence that your phone is as well protected as it's going to be! The section of the bag for the telephone has a clear top and the touch screen can still be used through this layer - which is really handy. The storage section underneath provides space for a puncture repair kit, inner tube and tool kit - the pump will have to be stored somewhere else. However, this bag is fairly roomy.

I have been out in the rain with these bags, and no water has penetrated through the bag. The contents have stayed dry, and I am therefore reasonably confident that my phone will not die from water saturation in a storm.

Do measure up your phone and choose the most appropriate bag before purchasing. All three sizes of the bag are really well made and practical. I would recommend each of them equally.

I was sent this product to test and to honestly review.

A Country Suite
A Country Suite
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recording, 25 July 2014
This review is from: A Country Suite (MP3 Download)
A friend brought this album round for me to listen to and I am really pleased that she did!

The music on this album is beautiful. It is very relaxing and it is played not only with skill and technique but it is also emotional. I'd had a really hard day when I listened to this album and felt much more relaxed and happy after listening to it. Fiona Bennett may not be currently well known, but I am assuming she will become so if this album is representative of her music making skills.

Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 12:11 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20