Profile for SM > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2025

SM (England)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OxyLED T-03 Super Bright Wireless Motion Sensing LED Wall Light for Pathway/ Staircase/ Step/ Garden/ Yard/ Wall/ Drive Way (1 x OxyLED T-03)
Offered by Thousand Shores

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dark cupboards!, 16 Sep 2014
The OxyLED T-03 motion sensing wall light is a smart, light and sleek looking light that can be placed anywhere where you need that extra bit of light and which you only want turning on upon movement / motion in the vicinity of the light.

The light is perfect for dark cupboards, airing cupboard, staircases under stair cupboards etc. I have attached this light to an under stair cupboard. Although there is a normal light attached in there, this light is so much more convenient as the cupboard door just needs opening and the light automatically turns itself on.

In use, the light couldn't be easier to set up and to start using. Firstly, 4 AA batteries need to be inserted. You can then attach the light to the wall either with screws (supplied) or with sticky 3M pads. If using the screws, you attach the battery cover / back panel to the wall with the screws and then slot the light onto the cover. The sticky pads are self explanatory - although I must add that I have found them more than adequate and they hold the light quite easily without the need to use the screws.

In use, the sensor works well and the light that is emitted lights up the under stair cupboard really well.

Overall, it is a well made product, which does the intended job very well. I am very pleased with it.

I was sent this item to test and to provide an honest review.

Recommended.

Poweradd™ Apollo2 10000mAh Solar Panel Charger Dual-Port Portable Charger Backup External Battery Power Pack for iPhone 6 6plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Mini Retina (Apple Adapters not Included), Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 S2, Note 4 Note 3 Note 2, Nokia Lumia, Moto X, Google Nexus 5, Blackberry Z10, Most Kinds of Android Smart Phones and Tablets, More Other 5V USB-Charged Devices-White
Offered by Poweradd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product - I need more sunshine!, 16 Sep 2014
The Apollo2 10000mAh solar panel power bank is brilliant for people like me who often go out without remembering to charge important gadgets such as tablet and/or mobile phone. Having had a few embarrassing moments in meetings whereby my iPad ran out of battery and I couldn't make a phone call, I always carry a power bank in my bag or pocket these days.for this purpose, this power bank is ideal.

In the pack you get:

* the power pack
* cable
* carabiner
* adapters to use depending on what device you want to charge
* instructions

The power bank can be easily charged up easily through the mains electricity, and it took me about 7 1/2 hours. Of course, it also has the solar panel. I think it's important to remember that the solar panel is not a miracle worker! We don't get that much uninterrupted sunshine and it does take quite some time for the power bank to charge through this route. The last few days there hasn't been any sunshine at all and charging it with the solar panel has proved near on Impossible. However, I like the idea that when I'm out hiking I can clip it onto my backpack and it gathers some charge whilst I'm walking.

There are 4 LED lights which indicate how much charge is in the power bank. This is handy to know not only when you are using it, but also when charging it. In use, it charges up mobile telephones and tablets very well and efficiently. You can use it to charge up to two items at any one time. It has a large amount of storage at 10000mAh, so it will do a fair amount for you before running out of power itself.

Overall, it is a really handy item. So long as you are not expecting the solar panel to work as quickly as the mains charging, it works really well and does a good job. I'm quite happy charging it using the mains and using the solar panel as an extra, fun method to top it up.

I was given this item to test and to honestly review.

Hedstrom 2-in-1 Swing with 5 Point Harness
Hedstrom 2-in-1 Swing with 5 Point Harness

5.0 out of 5 stars Good swing, 16 Sep 2014
This was bought for my daughters second birthday and she absolutely adores it.

The swing arrived boxed and ready to put together. This process was really quite straightforward and I didn't experience any problems getting the swing put together at all.

It comes with both the normal seat and a seat for a younger child with a harness. It is easy to change between the two seats, which is really convenient as my older child has also fallen in love with it and requires the normal seat.

The swing seems to be very well constructed, and I don't have any worries or concerns over safety.

Both my 2 year old and three year old think that it's really good fun - and it is kept them occupied for hours!

Recommended.

Whitening Toothpaste. Black. Beverly Hills Formula Perfect White Black Toothpaste 2-pack with Activated Charcoal.
Offered by Purity Laboratories

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives good results, 12 Sep 2014
I've been using this toothpaste for a couple of weeks now.

On its arrival I was dubious as to how a toothpaste that looked like tar - absolutely black in colour - could possibly whiten teeth! But I dutifully ploughed on ahead to test the product.... It has a pleasant taste - it isn't too powerful or strong tasting.

A couple of weeks later, and I think my teeth definitely look whiter. I started noticing a slight difference after only a week. I brush my teeth twice a day for a couple of minutes each time, with an electric toothbrush.

I'm really surprised but very pleased with the results. I have tried whitening toothpastes in the past, and not achieved any really noticeable results. With this stuff, I can. I will definitely buy some I the future.

I was sent the this item to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

* New Arrival * TaoTronics® TT-BA03 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Low Energy - For Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, smart, performs well, 7 Sep 2014
The TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter is a practical solution for anyone who wishes to make a desktop or laptop Bluetooth compatible, through the use of this device plugged into a USB port.

The adapter is very tiny! When plugged into a computer it is so small that it is practically not noticeable.

It operates on Bluetooth V4.0, which works quickly and is low energy / low power consumption. It is supposed to operate within a 15m open space. I have tested it up to a 6 metre range and I have certainly not experienced any problems. It has worked quickly and efficiently and I have been really pleased with its performance.

I can now play my music from my tablet through my main computer which is brilliant. I am very happy with the device.

Recommended.

HooToo® HT-WK01 Ultra-Slim 7-color Backlit Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for iOS (iPad Air, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, iPad mini, iPhone), Windows and Android 3.0 and other tabs with 800mAh Built-in lithium battery / Black / Aluminum Body
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality keyboard, 7 Sep 2014
The HooToo HT-WK01 ultra slim bluetooth keyboard is a good looking and very practical solution for anyone who would like to use an external keyboard with a compatible Bluetooth device, such as a tablet.

In the box you will find:

* the keyboard
* charging USB to micro USB cable
* user manual

When I opened the box I was surprised by how slim and light weight this keyboard is. Although it is light, it also feels and looks well made and durable.

On the bottom of the keyboard, you will find the on/off button and the connect button. To use the keyboard, you simply need to charge it with the supplied cable and then:
1) slide the On / Off switch into the "on" position
2) press the connect button
3) make sure your device (e.g. tablet) has Bluetooth turned on and pair it up. The first time you do this you will be asked to enter a code

The keyboard allows the user to have a choice of 7 different coloured back lights. The different colours available are:

* turquoise
* red
* soft purple
* deep blue
* soft blue
* bright green
* green

My favourite is soft purple! Though it is worth noting that the battery does not last anywhere near as long when you are using a backlight.

In use, the keyboard feels natural and comfortable to use. The keys need just the right amount of pressure to use, and it doesn't feel clunky or cheap. It works really very well - I can see that I will be using this keyboard a lot!

Recommended.

Kids On the Go Insulated Big Chill Assortment (PINK)
Kids On the Go Insulated Big Chill Assortment (PINK)
Offered by AK Accessories 4 You

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 3 Sep 2014
My daughters really like these cups and find them easy to use.

They have a screw lid and the part on the lid used to drink from flips up and down to prevent leaks when not in use. These cups are free flow.

I like the fact that when the lid is on you can't see the drink inside - one of my daughters has just got to the stage where she only ever wants a 'big drink' and she can't see what I have put in this one - therefore avoiding upset just before bed when I don't want her drinking too much fluid.

The cups seem to be of a solid and hardy construction - certainly my almost 2 year old hasn't managed to break her cup yet and it has been dropped onto a hard floor on more occasions than I can count.

Overall, a good and convenient cup which works well.

Shards - the brickbreaker
Shards - the brickbreaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Shards - the brickbreaker (App)
A modern twist on a classic game - I like it!

The game seems to be well designed. It looks good - the graphics are good. The music is also good. The controls are pretty easy and intuitive to use. Overall, very well designed.

There are different categories of difficulty that are available in terms of speed - handy for anyone who isn't used to this type of game.

The aims of the game - shoot the bricks!! As many as you can, as fast as you can!

Recommended.

BTR Large Pannier Expandable Bicycle Bag / Saddle Bike Bag with Extensive Bike Repair Kit, Tyre Repair Kit and Bike Tools
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and useful, 1 Sep 2014
The BTR large extendable bike / saddle bag is a really practical and useful saddle bag with space for all your essentials, and it also comes with a handy kit to repair any punctures whilst out on a ride.

The tools included are:

* socket wrench
* spoke wrench
* ring wrench: 9, 10, 12, 13, 15mm
* hex key wrench: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6mm
* slotted screwdriver
* bone wrench: 6-15mm
* rubber patch x1
* a variation of patches in different shapes and sizes
* rubber repair solution
* metal rasp
* metal pump adaptor
* cleaning cloth

All the tools come wrapped in clear plastic and are wrapped in the thick cleaning cloth which not only holds everything in place but also therefore stops annoying clanking sounds of tools as you cycle along!

The bag is a really decent size, and is expanded by unzipping the lower zip. There is space to also get my gels into the bag for longer cycling events.

The bag is easily attached to the bike through the use of Velcro and a buckle. The buckle is quick release and therefore the bag can be taken off easily. However it remains firmly attached whilst riding.

The bag is marketed as water resistant but so far I have found it is pretty water proof. Certainly nothing inside has got wet!

Overall, a good quality and practical bag with everything you could need for many bike issues whilst out cycling.

Recommended.

NEW | sussed! | VICES & VIRTUES | hilarious personality quiz card game | score the most points by answering funny questions about how players display jealousy, greed, deception, humour, willpower, imagination ... | age 8+ | 2 - 8 players/teams
Offered by Games to Get Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and good fun, 1 Sep 2014
Sussed! Vices and Virtues is a fun family game - which in our case caused great hilarity and teasing amongst the group of 4 adults playing. It was a great game to play after dinner with our friends (plus a bottle of wine!).

In the box you get:

* 50 question cards (with a total of 250 questions)
* answer sheets
* instructions / rules

To play the game, each player takes it in turn to be the reader (i.e. to ask the question and to give the available three options for the answer).The reader writes down their answer to the question, and the other players have to guess (suss) what answer the reader chose. Points are scored according to correct guesses. Wrong guesses score no points.

There are different modes of playing including team play.

We found the game to be fun and funny. It does depend to a certain extent on the players being honest about their answers - otherwise the whole game would be slightly pointless. It also depends on players who don't mind be laughed at sometimes (*cough* I mean laughed WITH....). We had a really good evening playing this and our friends also enjoyed it - it is a great way of getting to know people better!

We have tried to play with a 8 year old who wasn't very interested, but her 13 year old sister thought it was a really good game and has asked to borrow it to play with her friends. So definitely good for that age group.

The game is portable and doesn't take up much space in its box - so is certainly a good game to take away on holiday for those rainy days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20