Profile for SM > Reviews

Content by SM
Top Reviewer Ranking: 12

SM (England)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultimate Volcano Kit - Perform Science Fair Experiments!
Ultimate Volcano Kit - Perform Science Fair Experiments!
Offered by Discover with Dr. Cool

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and educational, 4 Mar. 2015
This is a fun kit which children will enjoy doing as a project - albeit educational.

* volcano plaster
* the mold to make the volcano
* eruption powder
* volcano information
* geode
* pumice
* obsidian arrowhead
* paint
* paint brush

The kit is quite easy to use, although some time and patience is required!

Firstly, you have to make your volcano. My daughter got into a complete mess doing this - she was very happy!... The mold needs putting together and the plaster needs mixing with water. When the plaster is mixed, it needs pouring into the mold and then allowed to set. We left the plaster to harden up in a sunny window for a couple of days although the instructions do say that you can put the volcano into the oven for a day or two.

This done, we had the fun job of painting our volcano! By the time we were done it looked like no volcano I have ever seen pictures of! But my daughter was pleased with it.

Following this, we got ready to make our volcano erupt. You simply need to put eruption powder in the top of the volcano and pour water in. You can make it more dramatic by adding detergent, soda and vinegar etc. We had fun with this - I'm sure we added far too much in order to try for the biggest eruption possible!

My daughter benefited from this set as she did learn about volcanoes and the information provided along with this set is good and very educational.

The set is presented very well and it would make a really lovely present for a child. It is educational, but it is also fun.

Omron MicroAir NE-U22-E Pocket Nebuliser
Omron MicroAir NE-U22-E Pocket Nebuliser

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Mar. 2015
This nebuliser is absolutely fantastic.

On arrival it is packed neatly in a box. Inside you will find all the bits and a protective carry pouch with a zip.

The neb took me a few minutes together - the instructions are not the most intuitive in the world!...

This done, salbutamol and atrovent nebules have been used in it. It is totally silent to use. Literally!

It nebulises the medication extremely quickly and it totally empties the medication chamber. It leaves absolutely nothing behind.

This nebuliser is totally portable and even I it's protectively case it can easily be carried in a handbag. Very handy if you're out and about a lot but need to nebulise.

Would highly recommend as a convenient and practical solution for those who need nebulisers.

1080p WiFi enabled Compact HD Action Cam Camcorder Camera for Extreme Sports - Top of The Range HP LC100w full Underwater Waterproof Portable Life Cam Digital Video Camera / Camcorder with Timelapse Function, Ultra High HD 4K Video Resolution for great video when Surfing, Canoeing, Kayaking, White Water Rafting, Motor Cross, Biking, BMX, Mountain Biking and many other sports activities - Screw thread for Selfie Stick / Monopod / Tripod - White (PLUS WATERPROOF CASE)
Offered by i360Direct®

5.0 out of 5 stars So small! Works well., 1 Mar. 2015
This action camera is extremely cool! The first thing I want to comment on is its size! It really is SO small - it's incredible! They say that often the best things come in small packages - certainly true in this case.

* camera
* waterproof plastic case
* bicycle attachment
* wrist strap
* clip for belt
* USB charging cable
* tripod attachment
* micro CD's

The camera itself requires a micro-SD card. These are easily available on Amazon or in local shops. I am using a 32gb one, which is the maximum suggested, and it works fine.

So, basically you need to charge the camera up and insert your micro-SD card initially.

The case that the camera fits into is made of tough, hard, see-through plastic. It fits exactly into this case. The case is waterproof. It should pretty much withstand anything you throw at it in terms of liquid - literally! It also protects the camera from being accidentally dropped and bumped etc. For me, as a cyclist, this is idea - in the event of me coming off my bike (which as a time trialist and road racer I hope doesn't happen too regularly!...) the impact is unlikely to break the camera. It might break me... but the camera is safe...

In use, there are three different modes:

* Time lapse
* Video
* Photographs

All these functions work well and are easy to use. The camera itself is very intuitive and not difficult to get to grips with at all.

I like the fact that there is an app that goes with this camera. This not only means you can have some control over the camera from your device such as mobile phone, but also it makes a difference in downloading your images / videos. Rather than having to dismantle everything and get the card out you can do it through wifi.

The images produced are very clear and crisp. The sound can be a little muffled but it isn't so bad that it isn't worth having - you can still hear it ok. I am using this device now for my winter training ready for racing next season. I am using it more as a security device than anything - if I am knocked off by a car etc at least I will have some kind of evidence!

I am really pleased with this camera and I think at it's price range it is very impressive.

Recommended.

EacoLids Silicone Replacement Lids * Set of 4 "Press & Seal" Protective Suction Food Covers * Seal & Cover Your Pans, Pots, Bowls, Cups, Pet Food etc * Use Instead of Cling Film, Kitchen Foil or Plastic Containers * Lids Fit Glass, Plastic, Stainless Steel, Melamine or Ceramic Dishes * Oven, Microwave, Freezer & Dishwasher Safe * FDA & CE Approved High Quality Food Grade Silicone * BPA Free * Extended 90-Day Money Back Guarantee
Offered by OOBLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful!, 1 Mar. 2015
These silicone replacement food cover lids are a brilliant addition to any kitchen - they are so useful and practical - now I have them I don't know how I managed without them!

In the pack, you get:

* four lids of different sizes and colours

The sizes are:

* 15cm
* 20cm
* 25cm
* 30cm

They are absolutely brilliant to use on bowls and pans. All that you need to do is to choose the appropriate size lid. Place it on top of the bowl or pan and press gently on the centre of the lid. This creates an airtight seal all the way around the edge / rim of the bowl or pan. Obviously, this then keeps your food fresh.

The lids are heat and frost resistant from -40c through to 240c. This is really handy - it means that they are safe in the freezer, oven, microwave and dishwasher. Therefore they have far more uses than simply keeping food fresh in the fridge.

After use, they are easy and quick to clean. Either you can throw them in the dishwasher or they can be wiped. They are silicone and therefore only take a matter of seconds to clean up.

I am finding these really useful - I have used them whilst cooking in pans to speed up cooking and to stop food splattering all over me. I have also used them cooking a veggie sausage casserole. The biggest use I have had is keeping food fresh when I have cooked enough for more than one day. Not only do they help keep it fresh, but they also prevent the fridge from smelling of the onions, garlic and spices I tend to put in our food!

Overall, this is a really good product which is incredibly useful.

Recommended.

HooToo® SuperSpeed USB 3.0 3-Port HUB w/ Gigabit Ethernet Port (2-in-1, LED Indicator, Universal Compatibility, Aluminum) -Silver
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, 22 Feb. 2015
The HooToo SuperSpeed USB 3.0 3-port hub is a smart looking device which enables you to gain more USB sockets / ports on your computer. Useful when so many things seem to run off USB sockets and many computers don't have enough of them.

* USB hub
* Driver disc
* Instructions and warranty information

In use, the device works well and with no problems. The device is quite light and it looks sleek and smart. The cable is longer than some I have come across (this one is just over 1.5 foot long) and therefore it is easy to position the hub where you want it.

There is a driver disc included although you can also download this info from the HooToo website, although my computer did it all automatically.

Transfer speeds seem to be quick whilst using this hub and I have been very pleased with its performance.

I was sent this item to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver Hands-Free Car Kit (Supports aptX, Stereo Music, Built-in Mic, 10-metre range, 2.1A USB charger)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well for clear sound, 22 Feb. 2015
The TaoTronics Bluetooth receiver is a really handy gadget for the car. It enables the user to play music wirelessly from whatever gadget they choose through their car speakers, it is a USB charging kit and also allows you to take hands-free phone calls due to the fact it has an inbuilt microphone.

* car charger
* receiver
* manual

In order to be able to use this, your car needs to have an AUX input (most cars seem to).

In use, it isn't difficult to get up and going. The Bluetooth receiver needs to be inserted into the charger which goes into the built in 12V socket in the car (where the cigarette lighter bit is!). The AUX cable needs to be plugged into the AUX socket of the car.

The charger itself has two different sockets - so you can use this device at the same time as charging another device through the charger. Make sure you plug this device into the right socket! The spare one has a 2.1A output - ideal for charging my iPad (and in practice, it worked very well for doing this).

Once everything is connected, you can connect your device to the Bluetooth receiver. This is very easy to do and worked within seconds with the two devices I have tried it with.

The button in the centre of the unit is a multi-function button - it does a lot of things. It will play and pause music. It also will redial your last telephone number, answer a call, reject a call and mute.

The buttons on the left and the right will change the volume and skip tracks forwards or backwards.

When phone calls are taken, the sound is absolutely fab. It is very clear and easy to hear. There have been no reported problems from people on the other end either - apparently they can also hear me very well.

Using the device for music, I have absolutely no complaints. The music play clearly and crisply. It sounds really very impressive!

Recommended.

Ultra-Bright High Power CREE LED Headlamp Flashlight Torch with 2000mAh Lithium Rechargeable Battery--- 297% Longer Battery Life! Adjustable White, Red, and Strobe Light Ideal for Camping, Running, Hunting, Reading, Fishing and Other Outdoor Activities or Indoor Needs Orange
Offered by Sunix Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Light-weight, comfortable and bright, 22 Feb. 2015
This ultra-bright high-power CREE LED headlamp is a fairly light-weight and convenient to use light which is comfortably work on the head - ideal for people like me who have to walk dogs up the road with no street lamps, late at night in the middle of the countryside!

The lamp itself looks very smart, and its performance is good.

Prior to first use, I charged the headlamp fully. This is done using the included charging USB cable. This was simple to do - the charging port on the lamp is covered by a rubber seal which is part of the water resistant system of the headlamp.

In use, there are various different ways the actual lamp can shine. One press on the button and you get the full powered beam. If you then hold the button down, the light can be dimmed to requirements. Turn the lamp off and press the button to turn on again, and you get the two side lights light up. This is supposed to be for proximity work - fiddly close-up stuff. Probably useful for the DIYers amongst you!

Other options include a flashing red light, strobe,

The only criticism I have of all this is that the instructions are totally and utterly confusing! I worked out the different lights through trial and error - fiddling with the device.

Overall, this is a really good little headlamp. It is light-weight and comfortable to wear and light is really bright.

I was sent this item to test and to honestly review.

Keep it Vegan: 100 simple, healthy & delicious dishes
Keep it Vegan: 100 simple, healthy & delicious dishes
by Áine Carlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and relatively easy to make recipes, 22 Feb. 2015
This is a really good vegan cookery book. It would appeal to lots of people, meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans alike I would suspect. None of the recipes are too difficult, the instructions are clear and easy to follow and there are a large number of good pictures so you can get an idea of what the finished product should look like. Note, there are not pictures with every single recipe.

What I really like about the recipes in this book is that none of them (that I haves come across anyway) require the use of ingredients that are hard to get hold of. Pretty much everything used is likely to be considered 'normal' everyday food which any supermarket will sell. This can be difficult in so e of the vegan cookery books I own - many seem to demand ingredients which are harder to find and can be expensive.

My cooking so far from this book has been successful. Last night I made the macaro-no cheese. It was easy to make - the longest bit was waiting an hour for the butternut squash to cook in the oven. It tasted good - not like mac cheese with real cheese - but certainly a really good, tasty and much healthier alternative! We enjoyed it.

I have also made in the last few days the no-bake strawberry vanilla cheesecake. This is essentially a raw cheesecake - though I suspect most people would ever know that upon tasting it unless they we told! My partner loves this cheesecake - it isn't cheap to make but is good. Tip - it needs a healthy dose of vanilla.

Others I have successfully made is the lasagna, brownies, mushroom burgers and various soups. They have all worked well - there have been no kitchen disasters!...

I would definitely recommend this book.

Mini Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Best Portable Camping Light! Flameless Candle Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Climbing, Boy Scout and More!
Offered by Sunix Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, portable lantern, 22 Feb. 2015
This ShuoFang ultra bright LED lantern is a good little lantern suitable for a variety of uses - camping, power cuts etc. the lantern is supposed to be water resistan and should therefore withstand carrying it through the odd light shower etc.

* the lantern
* batteries
* instructions

It is simple to insert the batteries - you simply unscrew the bottom of the lamp and out in the three AAA batteries.

The lantern is turned on using the power switch on the side of the lantern. This switch is also used to vary the brightness of the lantern. If you hold it down, the lantern can be dimmed from its brightest level right down to a very dim glow. If the lantern is turned off whilst dimmed, when the lantern is next turned on it comes on at full brightness.

On the bottom of the lantern are two metal hooks which can be used to hang the lantern. These just flip out of the base when needed.

The light that is given out on the maximum setting is nice and bright and due to the rounded shape of the lantern it seems to distribute the light well. The maximum brightness is advertised as 120 lumens which should last for ten hours. When in use on the lowest brightness setting it should last for 160 hours - mind you, this is only four lumens..

This is a really nice, compact and well functioning lantern. It is well made and is portable due to its size.

Aladdin 01102 Aveo Water Flask Green 0.60L
Aladdin 01102 Aveo Water Flask Green 0.60L
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and performs well, 22 Feb. 2015
These Aladdin Aveo bottles are absolutely brilliant - we have quite a few of them and use them an awful lot.

This particular size is the larger bottle which they produce, taking 600 ml. It is a very good size for longer days out or going to exercise in the gym etc.

The lid on these bottles is quite secure, and I have never had a problem with leakage in my bag.

They are BPA free which many of the cheaper bottles we used to purchase are not. I seem to be hearing more and more about the importance of being BPA free these days and the fact that these are makes me more comfortable allowing my young children to use these bottles. My three year old takes one into nursery with her and really likes it. These bottles also survive being dropped quite regularly - we have only had one breakage which I find amazing considering how much we use these bottles.

The spout on the bottle is easy and comfortable to drink from. There is also a carry loop on the bottle. I've never seen the need for this!

The bottles are dishwasher safe and are therefore hygienic.

Overall, I'm very pleased with both how these bottles look (they are a nice design) and their performance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20