Profile for SM > Reviews

Content by SM
Top Reviewer Ranking: 11

SM (England)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sellotape Super Clear Tape Roll Extra-sticky 18mmx25m Ref 1443351 [Pack of 8]
Sellotape Super Clear Tape Roll Extra-sticky 18mmx25m Ref 1443351 [Pack of 8]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky stuff!, 21 Dec 2014
There are a lot of sellotape imitations of there and none of them that I have found actually stick anywhere near as well as the original product.

I use it for all sorts of things but mainly making things with the children and for making sure that packages and parcels that I send in the post are safely sealed.

Useful stuff that I take for granted but use every week!

This pack also represents great value!

Recommended.

Foscam FBM2307 Digital Video Baby Monitor - Night Vision, 2.4" Touchscreen LCD, VOX Video Toggle, Night Light Function, Rechargeable Battery, 2.4 Ghz Wireless (White/Blue)
Offered by Foscam Digital Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and set up, 21 Dec 2014
The Foscam FBM2307 digital video baby monitor is a good little monitor with the added peace of mind of being able to see your child as well as hear them!...

* base unit with camera
* hand held unit / monitor
* power adapters (x2)
* battery
* screws etc for wall mounting if required
* cable clips
* instructions

In use, this monitor is easy to get up and running. Firstly, the battery needs to be inserted into the hand held parent unit. Then, the base unit and the parent unit have power adapters that must be attached and plugged in. However the handheld parent unit battery came with some charge on mine upon arrival, which was helpful when setting it up.

Next, it is a matter of positioning the camera to the required view. At this point, conveniently, it was time for my young daughter to go to bed so I got a chance to play with the monitor immediately!...

The monitor did work quite adequately with the settings it was on straight out of the box, but I adjusted some to get the best performance out of it. The handheld parent unit has a touchscreen. There are quite a few options here. I altered the volume firstly. I then also changed the night light setting in her room - there is a choice of three colours and four different brightness levels. You can set the camera up for different light conditions and also using the VOX function, you can preserve battery life and only have the handheld unit turn on when it is activated by sound in the child's room. I prefer to have it on all the time. To do this through the night, the handheld unit does need to be plugged in as on this setting the battery will not last all night.

Overall, this is a very good monitor which compared with many similar monitors currently on the market represents good value. The only criticism I have is that there is a slight constant static sound when it is turned on, but I can live with that. The monitor is easy to use and gives a good clear picture.

Recommended.

Microfibre Towel for Travel, Beach, Bath, Gym, Camping - XL Extra Large but Compact, Antibacterial and Quick Dry with small Carry Pouch (Lavender, 60 x 30 Inches)
Offered by Grabbits

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely practical, 18 Dec 2014
This microfibre towel is an excellent product for those who enjoy outdoor pursuits, camping, swimming etc and need a convenient to carry and practical towel.

This towel comes in a small carry bag which does up through the use of a zip. The bag itself is not large and is a convenient size for popping into a handbag or even a pocket in a coat.

The towel itself is a really nice purple colour. It is made of microfibre, which means that it readily absorbs liquid and is able to therefore dry you off very easily and quickly! It does stick to the skin like mad, but it also does a very good job of getting you dry. The towel is a really decent size and really can be wrapped around the body as illustrated in the picture. It is very lightweight and soft.

The towel is very easy to fold up and to get back into the storage bag. I can also confirm that it washes very well and dries out relatively quickly.

Overall, this is going to be a very useful product for me whilst teaching my three year old daughter how to swim, and having a two year old who loves paddling in the sea (all year round it would seem....).

Recommended.

Mixed Smart Italian Wine Selection (Case of 6)
Mixed Smart Italian Wine Selection (Case of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality wines, 18 Dec 2014
Libiamo is a new e-club in the UK whereby you can purchase fine Italian wines in cases of six.

Their wine is unusual - not easy to generally find and it is of high quality. I shared this wine with some family members who know a fair bit about wine. We all very much enjoyed these wines and believed that they were certainly something we would consider purchasing in the future.

They arrive very securely packaged and protected from bumps in the postage process. They also come with a fair amount of information and detail about each wine. There is a tasting card to accompany each bottle, which gives more information about the wine, its taste and origin. I felt that this was a really nice idea and certainly to people aspiring to know more about their wine it is very helpful.

There are three different wines in this particular selection, and you get two of each. There is one red, one white and one sparkling.

The white wine - Roero DOCG Arneis Trinità by Malvirà - Piedmont (2012). This is a lovely white wine. It is a yellow / golden colour. It is dry and fairly crisp tasting but at the same time manages a certain amount of spice and depth in flavour. It reminded me of hot summer days, apricots and a hint of lighter fruit tones as well. It was definitely much better after being left to breath for 15 minutes or so as the full flavour and depth increased over that short period of time. This wine was a firm favourite with me.

The sparkling wine - Spumante Pignoletto Essè by Fattoria Vallona - Emilia Romagna - this is a bright yellow colour. It is easy to drink and although dry, fairly light to the taste. It reminds me of summer flowers and has floral type smell to it. It is a pleasant taste and lingers on the palate. It was very nice before dinner and we also drank it with our roasted vegetables in sauce with pasta.

The red wine - Monreale DOC Perricone Pietragavina by Tamburello - Sicily (2009) - this is a lovely red. It has a real depth of flavour and reminds me of cherries and fruits with spices. It goes well with heavier, richer food. It benefited hugely from being left to sit for a while. This was the favourite of the three wines with a couple of my family.

Overall, these wines are a lovely selection. If you're looking for something that is a bit different but is all of high quality, then this is a really good choice.

I was sent a sample of these wines to test / taste and to honestly review.

I would highly recommend this wine selection.

Cyril the Dragon (The Jellybean the Dragon Stories Book 2)
Cyril the Dragon (The Jellybean the Dragon Stories Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and full of imagination, 18 Dec 2014
This is another glimpse into Elias Zapple's amazing imagination! Another fun, funny, and most importantly - good book.

In this book we are following Emma and Cyril the dragon in their adventure, rescuing Cyril's brother Jellybean. Have you ever heard of a dragon speaking? Or speaking in rhymes?! Well.... You have now!...

This book is great fun and brilliant in terms of creating a whole new imaginary world.

I would recommend this for any child with a sense of humour, a big imagination and a love of reading.

Running Belt for iPhone GaiaZon Carrera Multifunctional Splash Proof Twin Pouch Money Belt Waist Pack, Fanny Pack, Bum Bag for Running, Walking, Sprinting, Hiking, Cycling and many other outdoor activities or traveling. Compatible with the iPhone 6 Plus and many other smart phones. Highly flexible polyester material, which is durable and easy to keep clean. Free from bounce whilst running. Elastic and adjustable waist band for 28"-51" waists. (Black)
Offered by GaiaZonDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 10 Dec 2014
This GaiaZon sports belt is a practical and useful product which performs well and will be handy for anyone who does outdoor activities and wants to carry important bits and pieces around with them such as phone and keys etc.

* Belt
* Warranty information (warranty can be extended up to two years)

In use, the belt is made out of a stretchy material. Its size can be altered and I imagine that it can be made to fit most active people. It is comfortable to wear and in my case, I forgot I was wearing it once I got outside for my run. It is put on through the use of a clip, which ensures that it is secure.

The belt has two pockets, which are of the same size. The zips are supposed to be water resistant and are taped to ensure that water doesn't get in. Whilst I was out, I got caught by an extremely heavy downpour which lasted about five minutes. Whilst the rest of me got very wet, the insides of the pockets didn't. I was pleased about this as I had my phone in one of them and I didn't want a drowned phone!.... So it is certainly water resistant enough to withstand showers.

In terms of size, the pockets will fit most things you might want to take out with you. In my case I managed to take my phone, an inhaler, keys and some loose change. This all fitted in with no issues.

This is an ideal belt for people participating in sporting activities. I can see that it will also be very useful when I am on holiday and don't want to carry a bag around with me for essential items.

Why no voting butto

Elias Zapple's Book of Slugs
Elias Zapple's Book of Slugs

5.0 out of 5 stars weird and wonderful slug activities, 9 Dec 2014
I'm a bit of a fan of the wacky, albeit a little strange, sense of humour in Elis Zapple's books. Now, if you want to know more about ninja slugs, guitar playing slugs or slug recipes for dinner, this is the place to go!.... This book elicited "yuk", "ewww" and giggles from the child I read it to.

This is another book from Elias Zapple that will get children reading more. Especially children with a bit of an imagination who don't mind the idea of slug recipes interspersed!

The Friendly Swede iPhone 6 Armband (4.7"), 2 Pack, Black
The Friendly Swede iPhone 6 Armband (4.7"), 2 Pack, Black
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and very useful, 9 Dec 2014
The Friendly Swede Sport Armband is a really useful product for someone like me who enjoys sports and uses apps such as Strava etc which means taking my phone out running or cycling with me.

* two elastic armbands
* two silicone phone holders
* customer service information

In use, this product works well. The case itself fits the phone perfectly and I am not afraid that my phone is going to fall out. The design is such that the front of the phone is not enclosed, so it is still easy to use the touch screen (though perhaps not so good in rain!...). What I really like is that the case is very practical and versatile, meaning that I can keep my phone in the case even when I am not using the armband. It is pretty good protection for the odd minor bump.

The armbands are stretchy - they fit easily both on my arm and on my husbands. It is easily adjustable and I would imagine would fit most arms.

This is a product that I'm going to get a lot of use out of. It's practical and is well designed.

Recommended.

Official Disney Frozen 2015 Wall Calendar (Calendars 2015)
Official Disney Frozen 2015 Wall Calendar (Calendars 2015)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 6 Dec 2014
The Frozen 2015 wall calender is great for any family who has a Frozen fan amongst them!...

The calendar doesn't have masses of space to write on different dates (in my experience though I can never fit everything onto any calendar I've ever bought...). But there is space for essentials and there is a different picture of the much loved characters every month. My little girl's face lit up when my husband opened this particular package and she is now busy planning our lives for us - trying to think of things to put on random dates for next year!...

A practical item but brilliant if Frozen has a following in the household!

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2014 5:38 AM GMT

Sellotape Golden 24mm x 50m Pack of 6 - Color: Clear
Sellotape Golden 24mm x 50m Pack of 6 - Color: Clear
Offered by Direct247

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky!, 3 Dec 2014

Useful stuff that I take for granted but use every week!

This pack also represents great value!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20