Profile for AA Olusanya > Reviews

55 Reasons Why Leaders Fail
55 Reasons Why Leaders Fail
by Matthew Ashimolowo

3.0 out of 5 stars A gamble that paid off, 3 Oct 2013
I came across this book by chance. While jumping up and down in my attempt to lose some of the belly fat, I was watching the Gospel Channel when I saw Pastor Matthew talking about the book. I was captivated by what was being said - and as soon as I finished what I was doing, I ordered a copy. I was quick to get into it and I was able to almost immediately identify with what the book was all about. Where many books in this category will identify with those things that the Leader might be doing right, this book concentrated on those things that Leaders might be doing wrong. While going through the pages, I could easily associate the flaws identified with some of the leaders that I have come across - directly or otherwise. There might have been nothing that came to me as a revelation, however; packaging the attributes that can negatively impact a leader is commendable.

You would hope that a 'bad' leader would read this book and identify with areas where he/she could do things differently - but that probably wouldn't happen. However; a 'good' leader can learn about those traits to avoid so that he/she can continue to strive.

The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy
The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very True, 10 Nov 2012
They might sometimes seems very apparent, or maybe obvious - but nevertheless this is a really useful reminder of the simple things that can make use happy. I have read a few books on this subject (trust me - I am not really that sad!) and they could sometimes become so complex that by the time I am half way into such books - I would want to give up the will the live.

On the other hand, this simplifies the subject of 'happiness' and brings to easy comprehension the simplistic aspects of life that can lead to happiness.

I have put one of the 'Tips' into practice.

I was not in a particularly good mood on my way to a friend on day. As I was approaching the Toll Gate, instead of £1.50 - I took £3 out of my wallet and paid for myself and the car behind me. I sped off after I made the payment - but something changed in me. My demeanour changed from being moody to being in a state of ecstasy - just because I did a random act of kindness.

The book is loaded with such really good simple tips that lead to happiness.

CATALYSTS OF FAVOUR
CATALYSTS OF FAVOUR
by Dr. Florence PUNGONG

4.0 out of 5 stars Said as it should be, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: CATALYSTS OF FAVOUR (Paperback)
There are still, and there will always be questions asked on various aspects of the Christian Faith. The most read book is, and will always be the Bible - yet it throws many questions our way irrespective of what angle you are viewing it from. This means that albeit as Christians, what binds us together is the followership of our Lord Jesus Christ - there will always be a degree of difference in thoughts, and differences of opinions.

Over the centuries, our Faith has been split into numerous denominations. Each denomination has its own distinctive beliefs or practices, however; we are commonly considered branches of the same Faith because we agree on such fundamentals as the Bible and the Trinity. The way in which members regard other denominations varies from mutual respect and acceptance to suspicion and denial that the other group is really "Christian" - and that's where this well written book tends to explore and explain some of the issues that might otherwise be considered unclear.

Let's take the issue of Tithing for instance. Where do you stand? Where does the domination that you identify with stand? What is the true standing in terms of the biblical interpretation? This books explores this subject ever so well - so much so that when you are done going through the pages, you are more than likely see whatever you stance might have taken in a new light.

Back to the main course of the book - you will be more enlightened on what favour is all about and you will be able to ascertain if favour is merited or a 'divine' decision. What needs to be done exactly to have favour in every aspect of your life? The answer to this rather intriguing question is littered all over this book.
A well researched and well written book that will definitely give you something to stop and ponder on at various sections of the book.

101 Home Business Ideas
101 Home Business Ideas

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed in this time!, 6 Nov 2011
No one needs to shout it from the Mountain top - the world already knows that we are living in hard times. People are being made redundant by the minute, those in employment are struggling to survive, businesses are folding up and shopping lists are getting the scrutiny they never had to experience. A sure way to survive in these days is by having something extra coming in - to either supplement what's already coming in, or to be the main source of income. Better still, not having to travel miles to get such income. This is where working from home comes in. Tobi's book highlights simple and easy to start ideas that will bridge that financial gap.

This book that is valuable especially at this time.

The American Presidents Without The Boring Bits
The American Presidents Without The Boring Bits

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I know better, 29 Sep 2011
We went to Disney World in Florida and of all the shows that we saw, the one that stood out for me the most was 'Disney's American Presidents'. I loved the show. I left the show feeling motivated, inspired and I wanted to know more about each of the men that at different times led America. As soon as the holiday was over, I hurried to buy a book that would enlighten me - without boring the living daylight out of me. I came across this book by Andy Jones.

Straight to the point, funny and well researched.

I love every aspect of the book and more importantly, I am more clued up as far as the story of America is concerned.

Now I know better

The Art of Public Speaking (Cosimo Classics Personal Development)
The Art of Public Speaking (Cosimo Classics Personal Development)
by Dale Carnegie

4.0 out of 5 stars Still in vogue, 13 Oct 2008
Althought this book was first published way back - it is still very much relevant to the current and future intricates of Public Speaking. The authors have been able to carefully discuss the various aspects of the act of speaking publicly in a way that is relevant to both those who are experienced speakers and those who are aiming to become top notch speakers.

The Really, Really, Really Easy Step-by-step Guide to Building Your Own Website
The Really, Really, Really Easy Step-by-step Guide to Building Your Own Website
by Gavin Hoole

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is Heaven sent, 8 Oct 2008
This book has turned me from a website novice into a website builder within 10 days. The step by step, easy to follow guides are second to none when it comes to making the various tasks involved in building a website rather easy.

From not having the slightest clue of what is involved in building a web site to having a site hosted up is down to the way this book is laid out.

How Not To Write: Simple guidelines for the grammatically perplexed: A Plain English Approach
by Terence Denman

4.0 out of 5 stars A book for anyone who has to write, 21 Dec 2007
I have been shown how to write better in a very easy to follow way - and this book has also been able to give me the opportunity of realising what I have done wrong previously.

Having been Trained by Mr Denman at L&Q, I have also been given practical instructions on better communiaction through writing - and this is also reflected throughout the book

Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential
Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential
by Joel Osteen

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the doctor ordered, 19 Dec 2007
This is a 'life improving' book with real life experiences that will equip the reader with methods on how to deal with day to day real life issues.

The subject of Attitude is scattered throughout the book, enabling the readers with the will power to make right decisions when faced with whatever negative situation life may throw at them.

If you want to improve your life using the God given grace that you possess - This book is exactly what the doctor ordered.