Profile for Peter's mum > Reviews

The Duck With No Luck
The Duck With No Luck
by Jonathan Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Duck With No Luck (Paperback)
I love Korky Paul's illustrations and have most of the books he's illustrated. This is just as lovely as any of his others and the story is very funny with rhyming text. A firm hit with our little one.

Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun for limited space, 18 Aug. 2013
We bought this because we didn't want a train or car track taking up loads of floor space. We've moved house with it and whilst it did take the paint off the wall where the adhesive pads stuck that's easily fixed. You can buy new double sided adhesive tabs from DIY stores like B&Q (UK) and Homebase (UK) etc. We've also used a bit of blue-tak on some of the joins to stop them from pulling apart with vigorous play. If I remember correctly the packaging was all in French, as were the instructions, but it is all done in diagrams so that wasn't a problem. The add-on tracks that you can buy add another dimension. Be aware though that not all Hot Wheels cars work on the track- they get stuck cornering or in the roundabout part of it (don't know the technical term!). It seems to need the smaller Hot Wheels cars and not ones that are long or high. This was bought when our little one was about 3 and he is now nearly 5 & plays with it fairly often. It's usually a firm favourite with visiting friends/kids.

Orchard Toys Insey Winsey Spider
Orchard Toys Insey Winsey Spider

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board game, 18 Aug. 2013
Orchard Toys are great and this board game is lovely. It's a neat idea that you can use either the symbol dice and the symbol side of the board or the number dice and the other side of the board thereby teaching symbols and numbers/counting from an early age. We bought this some time ago when our little one was about 3 1/2 (I think) and we still use it now age almost 5. Would highly recommend.

Orchard Toys If You See A Crocodile
Orchard Toys If You See A Crocodile
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board game, 18 Aug. 2013
We're huge Orchard Toys fans and this doesn't fail to please. The kids love shouting out when they find a crocodile and we have one friend of our little one's who always wants to play this game when he comes over. I bought the game when our little one was 3 1/2 and we had fun with it then (although not quite playing by the rules!) and we still play with it now at age almost 5 and are playing more by the rules now! Well done Orchard Toys. Can highly recommend.

Orchard Toys Walk the Plank!
Orchard Toys Walk the Plank!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Walk the Plank! (Toy)
Orchard Toys does it again! A lovely game for little ones. we have a few of the Orchard Toys board games and they're all lovely. You can't go far wrong with them. The little palm trees don't stay standing up for very long but that doesn't detract from the game. I think I bought this when my little one was 3 1/2 and he's now going on 5 and we play with it fairly often. Other children that come to play love playing the Orchard Toys board games especially ones that involve shouting like this one and the 'If you see a crocodile' game. I like that it isn't a conventional fold up board that ends up with fold lines on it. Would highly recommend.

Orchard Toys World Map Puzzle and Poster
Orchard Toys World Map Puzzle and Poster
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, 18 Aug. 2013
Orchard Toys does it again! A lovely product - but then all Orchard Toys products are great. The puzzle is pretty big and younger children won't be able to put it together unaided but it's a good learning tool. My little one insists we live in greenland because the UK & Europe is coloured green so we're having to work our way out of calling the countries by their colours. The map is only poster paper so it will tear eventually (I think someone previously reviewed it as being disappointing because of this) but you would expect that with any poster. I keep meaning to glue it to a cardboard base but haven't got around to it yet. Would highly recommend.

London Clock - 24183 - Kids Tell The Time Wall Clock
London Clock - 24183 - Kids Tell The Time Wall Clock
Offered by HARTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute kids clock, 18 Aug. 2013
This is a cute, colourful kids clock. You can hear it tick though (hence the 4 stars) so if you want one that's really silent then look elsewhere. My little one isn't bothered by it so it's not a problem for us.

Faithfull Power Plus CHAINSS 240V Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
Faithfull Power Plus CHAINSS 240V Electric Chainsaw Sharpener

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant boys toy, 18 Aug. 2013
My husband loves this. A tree surgeon recently recommended them and we already had it so we feel it's definitely a good buy. Makes sharpening your chain saw a walk in the park!

LEGO Hero Factory 6293: Furno
LEGO Hero Factory 6293: Furno

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lego Hero Factory figure, 18 Aug. 2013
My little one loves Hero Factory & we're slowly gathering all of them it seems. They're fun to pull apart and put back together differently. He's 4 so I have to put the character together for him (with some help from him) but then it's over to him. The gun bit with the ball can shoot the ball out at quite a rate so be careful of that with younger children. It's also the 1st bit to go missing!
When you read the manual (on how to put it together) it shows that you can join Jawblade & Furno to make a different character so you will probably be pestered to buy Jawblade (as I was!). They're a great 'surprise' to take on a plane/train journey as it keeps them occupied for ages putting it together & then playing with it. Highly recommend any of the Hero Factory characters. Lego have introduced XL versions of all the characters which now have extra bits on them but it does mean you will have 2 versions of the same character. I think the non XL versions (the older ones?) are cheaper but I could be wrong.

Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants
Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 18 Aug. 2013
I love Korky Paul's illustrations and have most of the kids books he's illustrated. This is just as lovely as the others and the story (& illustration) is good fun for little ones.

Page: 1 | 2