Profile for zingy > Reviews

Google Nexus 7 Genuine Battery 1st Gen C11-ME370T 0B200-00120100
Google Nexus 7 Genuine Battery 1st Gen C11-ME370T 0B200-00120100
Offered by DealZone

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial thoughts - good battery, 17 Sep 2014
Intial thoughts - installs fine - came about half charged. Nexus booted nicely. Looks exactly like original. Purchased from Techno's fulfilled by Amazon 33GBP. Will submit an update if the battery does not live up to expectations.

***Edit 1st Dec Battery continues to perform well. No issues. Charges well, keeps charge well.

Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp and Beamforming Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good PCIe Soundcard, 20 Jan 2013
Was using an internal sound chip from an Asus P6X58D-E MB Win7 64. Considered changing my Logitech Z4 2.1 speaker set because the overall sound wasn't that great, but chose to change the soundcard instead. After inserting the blaster, there's been a complete transformation of overall sound, and no need to change the speaker system either; it sounds so good playing my MP3 collection whatever the music. Great also for gaming; I'm a fan of COD series and again you can hear sounds that were simply absent before the purchase. So, overall I'm very enthusiastic about the card, and I'm going to rate it 5 because of this.

Only downsides I've seen thus far are that the device driver seems to get itself in a mess occasionally - Blaster Control Panel says it can't find the card and creates a new instance of it, and once when it recognised it as a Recon 3D (predecessor) card. The drivers have already been updated once in Dec 2012 and I'm hoping that some stability will arrive on that front shortly. Can't quite put my finger on whether I'm causing it, but that's quite possible; I'd certainly advise that you don't change anything with the card whilst an app is open that's using it. Last slightly weird behaviour is that inserting/de-inserting the headphones doesn't always auto-switch and requires use of the Blaster Control panel manual change.

Only scratching the surface on functionality of the card thus far; running the speakers in "Stereo Direct" sounds great to me and also both with fairly cheap Panasonic lightweight headphones RP-HT21, and Sennheiser HD201s.

Update Sep 2014 - am now using two of these in different Motherboards Asus P6X58D-E and Z87-Pro. The problems I saw earlier with device instability have been cured - I believe down to several iterations of device drivers. Both PCs now running Win8.1 and drivers from creative website from Jan 14. Stability problems are also cured in Win7 x64.

Bye Bye Standby Expansion Pack 2011
Bye Bye Standby Expansion Pack 2011
Offered by EnergyFriend

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag - been using this brand for several years ..., 4 Dec 2011
Been using this brand of remote socket for several years, a smaller type previously, and more recently these larger units. Of the two I received a few weeks ago, one has ceased to work. I can't be bothered to send it back truthfully, and the other one is working. I use two to connect a swathe of PC related equipment in my study, connecting an extension socket off each of them.

So, here's my good/bad summary

GOOD POINTS
Convenient to use, saves bending down and switching sockets off. When they work, they generally work well.
Physically robust
Energy consumption - I have so many transformers (e.g. printer, router, DECT phone charger etc) that I hate leaving them permanently on for all sorts of reasons, particularly energy consumption

BAD POINT
Really only one major one. Reliability. I have purchased about 3-4 of the smaller variety, which have now deceased after a couple of years. These two I'm reviewing here were replacements for other ones that had also gone bad after about a year.
PS I don't think I am overloading them; and that was one reason for buying the newer "larger" variety as I believe the rated load is higher.

So my all means use them for PCs or other devices as convenient, just don't expect them to be environmentally friendly as advertised (I don't think that shipping plastic/electronic items from China that break and can't be repaired is enviro friendly). So don't expect them to work for ever, and in my experience expect a certain %age to go bad after say 1 year+.

I must also say that I have previously used a type from Maplins and they also eventually expired after 2-3 years so perhaps it's a technology limitation/MTBF limitation of the design, rather than being manufacturer or brand specific.

Seagate ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green 3.5-inch 2TB SATA 6 Gb/s Drive (64MB Buffer,5900RPM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good low speed disks in WHS 2011 RAID (and packaging notes), 14 Aug 2011
Just installed in a home built WHS 2011 server with no problems connected to SATA III ports on mobo. It's early days, but subjectively fast, quiet and no problems so far. As good as you'd expect a Seagate drive to be in my opinion.

Concur with other reviewer; I ordered two of the same disks for RAID1 mirrored pair, from Nord PC / Amazon. One disk had no packaging on it all all and was placed in the bottom of the cardboard box. The other had a stapled (yes really) single layer bubble wrap around it, also on the base of the cardboard box with no other packaging around it.

The one with the single layer bubble wrap is currently installed. The other with just the anti-static bag is making its way back to the vendor having failed badly during RAID installation.

I'm not going to give the product 1-star, since the failure was almost certainly the result of getting kicked around in the back of a Transit; but suggest Nord-PC package their disks better, and Amazon look to their brand, and insist that their suppliers package goods better.

PS I've been using Amazon since late-90s and have never had a problem with their (or their suppliers) packaging.

Update: Sep 2014
I now have 4 of these disks running CC32 firmware and they have run faultlessly in RAID10 since original purchase; turned on about 25% of the time (not continuous). Search the seagate website if your disk isn't at latest firmware level - it's relatively easy to update >before< creating your RAID http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/218171en. If you are using RAID I'd suggest you keep your firmware at same level across disks as you build/install them. Currently running these on a P8H77-M Pro m-ATX installed on a Silverstone TJ08-E case. Extraordinarily quiet - even with four of these disks running, and a separate 2.5 boot drive.

Guiding Spirit
Guiding Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound, 18 Dec 2010
This review is from: Guiding Spirit (Audio CD)
I'm not a jazz aficionado, in truth this is the only jazz CD I've ever bought.. Heard this on a bbc jazz session and got hooked. Beautiful sound, relaxing and uplifting.