Profile for Peretz34 > Reviews

Content by Peretz34

Peretz34 "Ginnie" (Penang, Malaysia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Individual Light Unit for litecup
Individual Light Unit for litecup

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly suitable for use by children!, 4 April 2014
Oh, pretty! A cup that lights up so your child can find it in the dark, and doesn't spill! What a great concept!

Or would be, if it worked. This was bought as a replacement for the light unit that came with the Litecup we bought - the original unit didn't work. My mother-in-law brought it out with her from the UK when she visited us in Malaysia, so no chance of exchange. This second unit lasted about three days - until the first time my five year-old daughter knocked the cup off the bedside table. Hey presto - the light unit doesn't work anymore.

So a dismal rating from me. It's a great idea, but in my opinion, poorly realised. To have so fragile a unit that it can't stand up to being knocked over, even encased in a tough plastic shell and clipped into the base of a tough plastic cup, is hopeless for use by a child.

A poor rating from the company who sold it, too - I wrote to ask them whether I qualified for a refund or not, as I didn't know whether this was pretty standard for the unit or whether it should stand up to being knocked on the floor, but never received so much as a 'no' in reply.

Four weeks later, and the cup is now leaking from where the top screws on to the cup. *sigh*

Lilac Skoot
Lilac Skoot
Offered by Big Red Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Get a Trunki instead, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lilac Skoot (Luggage)
Bought this as a Trunki alternative as it was on sale... Rather wish I'd paid the extra and gone for the real McCoy. This is OK, but is smaller in capacity and doesn't feel anywhere near as robust - I keep thinking I'm going to snap it when I try to close it! By the time we picked it up in the UK (we live overseas), my very average-sized 4 year-old girl found it a bit small. I don't think it'll last us long.

Groov-e GV590VW Kids DJ Style Headphone - Violet/White
Groov-e GV590VW Kids DJ Style Headphone - Violet/White
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 Mar 2014
Bought to accompany an MP4 player for my 5 year-old to make long journeys more bearable for all... They're strong, very comfortable and volume controlled, so no damage to little ears. Very pleased with these - I think they'll last us well.

Heart Stress Reliever
Heart Stress Reliever
Offered by The Training Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the squishy foam I'd hoped for, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Heart Stress Reliever
It's okay. Moderately squishy, but not the nice latex foam version I used to own and have been searching for a replacement for.

Litecup - Purple (no spill, glow in-the-dark cup!!!)
Litecup - Purple (no spill, glow in-the-dark cup!!!)
Offered by And Design

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty light unit, 3 Mar 2014
The cup design is good and it's easy for my five year-old to use, but the light unit was faulty when delivered. My husband tried to fix the connection with a ring pull, but to no avail. Amazon issued a refund, which I was grateful for, but I am cautious about buying a new one - the light unit does not seem very robust (the connection being very sensitive) and as children are likely to drop the cup, knock it over, etc, I am not convinced that it would stand up to falling on the floor during the night!

Edited 4th April 2014 to add...
I bought a second light unit which a visiting friend brought out to Malaysia for us, and yes, it broke the first time my daughter dropped it off the bedside table. So no light in the glow-in-the-dark cup... OK, I thought, and carried on using it minus the glow. Last night, the cup began to leak from where the top screws on to the cup, and soaked my daughter in the middle of the night. Cue pyjama changes and new pillowcase at 2am. So, so disappointed.

Frozen
Frozen

5.0 out of 5 stars This is going to be AMAZING on stage!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Frozen (MP3 Download)
Me and my five year-old daughter LOVE 'Frozen'. Even Daddy wants to stay and watch until the end, rather than going to do something else... This is a great soundtrack, loaded with character, humour and fantastic tunes that will translate perfectly to the stage musical, when it comes into being... 'Let It Go' is the top track, obviously - has me near tears every time I hear it, thanks to the soaring vocals of Idina Menzel, while "For The First Time In Forever' captures Anna's character and 'In Summer' is a full-on belly laugh. While not the most immediately singalong Disney songs ever, the songs on this album are 'growers', and will be favourites in our home for many years to come.

Quiząs, Quiząs, Quiząs [feat. Jennifer Lopez]
Quiząs, Quiząs, Quiząs [feat. Jennifer Lopez]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of a great song, 25 Nov 2013
Bocelli's and Lopez's voices compliment each other so well in this yearning, beautiful version of a favourite song of mine. Great harmonies, emotion and orchestration. Fab.

Romanza
Romanza
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli on immaculate form, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Romanza (Audio CD)
I love music that brings goosebumps to my skin and tears to my eyes - Andrea Bocelli's voice can do both, every time. His versatility in a variety of languages is masterful and his glorious voice is like a warm, sensuous caress.

Roast Chicken and Other Stories (Ebury Paperback Cookery)
Roast Chicken and Other Stories (Ebury Paperback Cookery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best roast chicken EVER., 15 Nov 2013
It's worth owning this book for the roast chicken recipe alone. Oozing with rich juices, succulent and utterly glorious. I've used less butter than recommended on many occasions, but used the same method of roasting on high then dropping to low temperature to seal the juices in and it's still divine.

We've used many of the other recipes in the book - my husband's a very keen amateur chef and he rates this book very highly. Great flavours, little fuss.

Octonauts Figure & Creature Pack Tweak
Octonauts Figure & Creature Pack Tweak
Offered by darrin1471

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive plastic, but hey, I knew that..., 20 Oct 2013
It IS expensive for a couple of small plastic figures, no question, but I knew that before I bought it. My daughter, aged 4, is pleased as Punch - she adores Octonauts and is thrilled to add Tweak to her collection. It is pretty robust and after 3 months of play, the paintwork is as good as new (unlike Peso Penguin, whose white face seems to mark and chip fairly easily).
Does what it says on the tin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4