Profile for Dexter Wilshire > Reviews

Dexter Wilshire

Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised
Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised
by Napoleon Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is powerful -- like a mirror for self-examination!, 27 Sep 2006
I had heard about this book for a long time and purchased a copy about a year ago. I have been stunned by what it reveals about the way to financial and other success in life and what it has revealed about myself, to myself. One of the key things that Napoleon Hill does in this great book is to make one face oneself with brutal honesty. "Know thyself" is something one will surely do if in reading the book one answers several series of questions that Hill asks readers to answer, with total honesty, about their habits, traits, faults, feelings, beliefs, abilities, and aspirations. These "self-tests," which come at several points in the book, have been of great value to me as I go about learning what it takes to be successful in all aspects of life. I rate this book five stars because of its utility and special features. If you can have only one "personal success" book in your library, let it be this one.

Think And Grow Rich
Think And Grow Rich
by Napoleon Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not the best, 22 Feb 2006
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
For the most part, I enjoyed reading this new version of Think and Grow Rich. But it was a little disconcerting to be reading along here and there in a book written during the Great Depression and suddenly come across material about people like Bill Gates, Stephen Speilberg, Ray Kroc, Arnold Schartzenegger, Andy Grove, etc., etc. The information is nice, but I would just as soon have seen Dr. Pell write a separate, new book containing all this other information. It tends to get in the way of what Hill is saying. I have three or four other copies of Think and I compared them with this one. I notice that Pell has cut out a good bit of material from the original book and that some material has beeen shifted around. It did not bother me especially, but I am not sure it was a good idea. If you collect Hill books like I do, you might want to get this one, but there are better ones out there.