Profile for LizzieMac09 > Reviews

Content by LizzieMac09

LizzieMac09 "LizzieMac09" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bastian's Storm: Surviving Raine Book 2
Bastian's Storm: Surviving Raine Book 2
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sexy thrill-fest, 5 July 2014
A good deal of suspension of disbelief is required with this sequel to the brilliant Surviving Raine, as I couldn't imagine a major plotline actually happening. However, having said that, once you accept the premise at the heart of the story, Bastion's Storm becomes a rip-roaring, edge-of-the-seat thriller. Having survived being shipwrecked, cast adrift on the open seas without food or water, and an attack by white slavers in the first book, it seems that life in a beach-front apartment in Miami may well be a much greater challenge, especially when it comes to keeping Raine. As Bastion wallows in self-pity and takes out his discontent on Raine's friends, into his life steps an old friend with an offer - trouble is, it's wrapped up in a threat, one Bastion cannot ignore if he wants to protect Raine. As he embarks on the greatest challenge of his life, into the mix comes another character with whom fans of Ms Savage have become familiar, who may just be the man who might just be the death of our hero. As we, the readers, try to figure out how the hell either of them can possibly survive, we are treated to yet another of this author's rollercoaster thrill-fests, which had me biting my nails to the quick. All in all, a superbly formulated denouement to Bastion and Raine's story.

Cream Enamel Metal Kitchen Recyle Compost Bin Bucket Caddy Container
Cream Enamel Metal Kitchen Recyle Compost Bin Bucket Caddy Container
Offered by Amour Giftware
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical, 5 July 2014
Smart and stylish bin for my food waste, which looks good enough to keep on the kitchen worktop. It's the perfect size for the composting bags I use, allows no bad smells to escape, is easy to keep clean and fresh, and is robust and well made. A little more expensive than similar items, but well worth the money as far as I'm concerned. Highly recommended.

The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars History comes alive, 11 Jun 2014
I have been reading the Warrior Chronicles since the very first book, and each new instalment is such a treat. As usual, book 7, The Pagan Lord, is full of intrigue, betrayal, adventure, and jeopardy, which kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. Mr Cornwell makes history come alive and leap off the pages at you - I swear I have learned more about the great events and battles which have created these islands than I ever did at school. Uhtred is as real to me as any genuine historical figure, and I have to remind myself that he is actually a fictional character when I read or see TV programmes about this period in our history and am surprised that he's not mentioned! Suffice to say, I can't wait for the next book in the series, The Empty Throne, which i will be pre-ordering so that I get it as soon as it's released.

The Immortal Collection (A Saga of the Ancient Family)
The Immortal Collection (A Saga of the Ancient Family)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating story, 18 May 2014
This was an Amazon rec based on similar books I'd downloaded, and the premise intrigued me. I wasn't disappointed, as it turned out to be a thoroughly engrossing read. At first, the idea of a family of ancients, one of whom was 28,000 years old, just seemed too implausible for me to suspend my disbelief. However, I needn't have worried, as the writing, characterisations and plot construction very quickly pulled me in and kept me glued to the page. My greatest tribute to this book is that I will be awaiting the follow-up with barely contained excitement. Will definitely be recommending this to friends. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because of the small number of typos, which is a common problem with books which start life as self-published works on Amazon.

Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player, microSD/SDHC Slot, FM Radio, Black (Refurbished)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little music player, 14 May 2014
This is a brilliant little mp3 player; so tiny, yet gives a fantastic sound, which is even better than the quality I get from my much more expensive Cowan mp3. I keep this in the car and it's perfect, with plenty of thumping bass, which fills the space without distortion. Excellent value for money.

Sticky Notes (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Sticky Notes (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tool, 14 May 2014
I've just moved and am constantly thinking of things I need to do or buy, then forgetting to write them down because I haven't got a piece of paper or pen handy when I think of them. However, I've always got my Kindle on me, so this app is incredibly handy for reminding me of stuff. It would be even better if you could expand the notes more and change the size of the font, but all in all it's a pretty good app which I would highly recommend.

Radioplayer : UK Radio on your Kindle
Radioplayer : UK Radio on your Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant app, 14 May 2014
I downloaded this because I've just moved into a new house and my TV aerial doesn't work; as I listen to radio on my TV at home, I decided to check out an app I could put on my Kindle so I could use it as a portable radio, and this one had some great feedback. Well, no wonder, as it's absolutely brilliant. I now have all my favourite stations bookmarked, several of which I wasn't even aware of until I got the app, and can listen to pop, rock, classical or the afternoon play on BBC Radio 4, depending on my mood. Now, even when my aerial is fixed, I'll be really pleased to have this app, and would recommend it highly.

Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition
Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 1 April 2014
I thought this game was really good, with tons of puzzles to solve, and was a really good length. My only criticism is that the hint button wasn't hugely helpful if there was nothing left to pick up or solve in a location, as it merely said to look elsewhere. Most games will at least tell you which direction to go in. Also, the 'Help' facility in the menu is completely pointless, as all it says is that you need to investigate to solve the game, which I already knew! Why is it even there?

Dark Strokes. Collector's Edition
Dark Strokes. Collector's Edition
Price: 1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 1 April 2014
I really enjoyed this game, which had good graphics, an interesting storyline and lots of puzzles and hidden object searches. It was a good length, and well worth the small cost of purchase. I experienced absolutely none of the problems mentioned in other reviews and would highly recommend.

Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition(Kindle Tablet Edition)
Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition(Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 24 Mar 2014
I really enjoyed this. I liked the linear format, so you didn't have to keep going back or trying to remember where something was or how to get there, and it was a good length. Nice graphics and interesting scenarios, with lots of HOS, which I always enjoy. Woudl recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5