Profile for LizzieMac09 > Reviews

Content by LizzieMac09

LizzieMac09 "LizzieMac09" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon (Full)
The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon (Full)
Price: 1.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little game, 19 Dec 2013
I enjoyed this game. Good graphics, puzzles and item searches. A little short but good value and fun to play.

Guess The Movie
Guess The Movie
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Guess The Movie (App)
Quite like this - there's a good mix of easy and difficult movies, testing one's film knowledge pretty comprehensively. However, after a while the repetitious nature of the game gets a little boring, hence 3 stars instead of 4.

The Seduction of Mary Kelly - Final Victim of Jack the Ripper. Book One
The Seduction of Mary Kelly - Final Victim of Jack the Ripper. Book One
Price: 2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 2 Aug 2013
I absolutely loved this book. I've always had a fascination for Jake the Ripper and have read several non-fiction books on the subject. However, this is the first fictionalised version I have delved into, on the recommendation of the author's niece. I'm so glad I gave it a try. It's a coruscating tale of the kind of poverty that was rife at the time, making me realise just how easy we have it now. Mary Kelly's story - fiction though this maybe - is told in such a way, that I really believed that this could have been her life; certainly, it shows a version of life for many of those poor souls who struggled in the mire of poverty and deprivation that was part and parcel of existence for those on the margins of society in the latter years of the 19th century.

Here, the author vividly describes the squalor and hopelessness of those who must scrape a living any way they can, with none of the safety nets that we now take for granted. The terror of a sick child when there's no money for a doctor, and the ease with which the hardworking and respectable poor can find themselves cast down into the gutter are heartbreakingly depicted. The characters portrayed came alive on the page, and I wept tears of sadness for their losses and the cruel twists of fate which brought them low. I wanted to reach in and take hold of Mary Kelly, to offer her comfort and succour On finishing Book One, I immediately logged onto Amazon to purchase Book Two, which I can't wait to get stuck into.

A beautifully written, and brilliantly told story.

Devotion - The Gold Edition
Devotion - The Gold Edition
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 July 2013
I'm new to Jessie Ware, and it seems I have been missing a treat. This album is full of great lyrics and amazing melodies, and I can't listen to it enough.

Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden Book 2)
Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden Book 2)
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of the seat thriller, 4 July 2013
I came to this second part of the 'Otherwise' trilogy with high expectations - and I am delighted to report that they were not only met but well and truly exceeded. The follow-up to 'Otherwise Alone', wherein our erstwhile hero, Evan Arden, has been banished to the Arizona desert by his somewhat nebulous employer, sees him brought back to Chicago from exile. The suspicions raised in 'Alone', that Arden is a mob hit-man, are now confirmed and we see him in action right from the outset. He is slowly but surely managing to reinsert himself back in his boss's good graces, but we can see that things are not necessarily going well for him. Lack of sleep caused by nightmares means that his fragile psyche is under constant pressure, and it soon becomes clear that Evan is a man on the edge. Nightmares about his time in Iraq go hand in hand with memories of the girl who crossed his path for one extraordinary night in the desert, and he struggles on a daily basis to deal with both.

As ever, Ms Savage's sharp and effecting prose drew me in to this flawed man's mind and wouldn't let me go until the very last page. We should dislike Arden, who is seemingly a cold-blooded murderer, but such is the quality of the writing, executed in first person narrative, that we can only empathise with this damaged and lonely man. I, for one, cannot wait for the next chapter of his story, and will be awaiting, with barely controlled excitement and impatience, the third instalment of the 'Otherwise' trilogy.

Samsung 16GB Class 10 MicroSDHC High Speed Memory Card with Komputerbay SD adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 Jun 2013
Ordered this item when I needed to access data on my phone's SD card, which the phone was no longer recognising. I ordered this tiny device, which turned up the next day, and is exactly what I needed. Very pleased with the product and with the service from this seller.

Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1
Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1
Price: 2.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrills, spills and survival on the high seas, 21 May 2013
Looking for a story which has everything? Look no further. In 'Surviving Raine' you'll find excitement, intrigue, jeopardy and eroticism, all set against the backdrop of a vast and hostile sea. Like the best ever game of pass-the-parcel, you will slowly unravel the mystery of Captain Stark, and the path which has led him to a poorly equipped raft in the middle of an unforgiving ocean. His companion will test his patience and his restraint to the absolute limit, but in the end, who will save who?

As ever, Shay Savage has constructed a taut, absorbing and believable tale of survival at sea, and her research is absolutely spot-on. Like that proverbial parcel, it has so many layers, each one pulling you deeper into a story which is so much more than a simple romance. I promise you that, like me, you will be hooked from the first page, and unable to stop reading until you reach the highly intriguing denouement. Overlaying the thrills and edge-of-seat perils is Shay's trademark dark humour, which always enhances, never jars.

This is a terrific book, and my only complaint is that I wanted more. Can we expect for a sequel in the not too distant future? I very much hope so.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 31 Mar 2013
Had fun with this. Haven't played one of these in years, so this was perfect for someone who is not so adept at these types of games. Not a bad story, with plenty of help to ensure minimal frustration, and surprisingly good graphics for the price. All in all, I'd say it was good value and I'm keen now to get the sequel.

Lotus Women's Columbia Navy Ankle Boots 4778 8 UK
Lotus Women's Columbia Navy Ankle Boots 4778 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab boots, 10 Mar 2013
Really pleased with these boots. Leather is beautifully soft, the heel is exactly the right height - not too high, not to low - and they fit like a glove. Wore them all day the first time I put them on and they never rubbed or pinched - extremely comfortable yet stylish.

ladies fur trim knited boot slippers (uk 7/8 euro 40/41, stripe grey)
ladies fur trim knited boot slippers (uk 7/8 euro 40/41, stripe grey)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cosy and warm, 10 Mar 2013
Very snuggly, warm slippers, perfect for the extremely cold weather we've recently had. Padded soles makes them for easy on sore feet, although you can't really wear them outside. Good purchase, though, and I'm glad I bought them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6