Profile for cathyb > Reviews

Content by cathyb

cathyb

Physics Discovery (V 2.0) (Exploration)
Physics Discovery (V 2.0) (Exploration)
Offered by Thames and Kosmos UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible instructions and very fiddly construction, 27 Sept. 2015
I bought this for a 7yo thinking that if he could do 12yo Lego kits he should be able to manage this...not a chance. As others have said the instructions are terrible and assembly of some bits so fiddly that I could barely manage it. So far we have only built the water wheel and that was mostly my work. Rating this for a 12yo might be more appropriate. That said the water wheel works well.

Dinosaur / T-Rex Party Set 32-Piece with Plates Cups and Napkins - Children's Birthday Party Decoration Set
Offered by Party Save Smile

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible value for money., 21 Jun. 2015
I wanted a set of dino party-ware for my sons dinosaur party. I bought this thinking that I was getting a 32 place set with 32 cups, 32 plates and 32 napkins. What you get is 8 cups; 8 plates; and 16 napkins. Terrible value for money and really disappointing as by the time they arrived it was too late to source a replacement.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Power Dragon - Toothless Ice Fling Action
How To Train Your Dragon 2 Power Dragon - Toothless Ice Fling Action
Offered by CoolBitz Trading Group

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but does nothing, 9 Jan. 2015
My son bought this with some of his Christmas money expecting power wings and ice fling action - he got neither. The power wings don't work - they just flap limply up and down - and there is no ice fling action. Really disappointing.

Honda Insight Spare Bulb Kit 2000 onwards BK4
Honda Insight Spare Bulb Kit 2000 onwards BK4
Offered by PE16 Car Parts

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for a Honda Insight 2009, 17 Dec. 2012
I bought this for my Honda Insight 2009 model having first checked with the vendor that it was compatible with my car. They confirmed it was, however it is not. Poor information from the vendor and poor specification.

Kubik Evo 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Kubik Evo 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 Dec. 2012
I bought this for my son's Christmas present and am really glad I took it out of the box beforehand to upload music on to it. Firstly it feels like cheap rubbish and I don't think it would last. It also has a really poor interface and clunky buttons which are not intuitive at all. But more than all that, it didn't work. This might be a one-off, but is still pretty poor - I charged it for hours through my laptop, unplugged it and left it overnight and then when I came back to it found that it was flat. This happened several times, and also several times it just would not turn on, despite being fully charged. It's going back to it's maker!

Toy Story Roar R Run Rex
Toy Story Roar R Run Rex

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Toy Story Roar R Run Rex (Toy)
My four year old, going through a toy-story craze, asked for Rex for his birthday. It is so disappointing. It has about two phrases, which it only speaks when you pull the cord, and it walks. You can't move the limbs independently, and it has no other functionality. In comparison to the Buzz lightyear toy, which has fully moving limbs, wings which go in and out, and an extensive repertoire, this is really disappointing. It's also quite small. My son (who has a long attention span) played with it for two days and then consigned it to the toy box. Don't bother with this toy.

Ordance Survey Cycling In the New Forest Guide Cycle Map
Ordance Survey Cycling In the New Forest Guide Cycle Map
Offered by WOW CAMPING

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing with little information, 25 May 2012
This map is really disappointing - it seems to me like it should be the sort of thing that is given out free. It is a fold-out map with map on one side and adverts on the other. The map contains very little detail - eg a pub that I know is near Ashurst campsite is not marked - and although the cycle paths are shown clearly other minor roads and paths are not, which I think would make it very difficult to navigate by.

It would have been helpful if an extract from the map was shown so that the quality of detail could be assessed before buying.

Animal Playground
Animal Playground

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun music that adults won't get bored of (too quickly!), 5 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Animal Playground (Audio CD)
We bought this a while ago for my son and have since bought lots of the other Putamayo kids CD's. I love them. This CD includes fun, original takes on some classics as well as several songs we hadn't heard before. My son (now 2.5) loves it, and it doesn't get old as fast as the other kids music CD's that we have.