Profile for Rudolf > Reviews

Rudolf

Face the Music: A Life Exposed
Face the Music: A Life Exposed
by Paul Stanley

5.0 out of 5 stars Story of person who wasn't born as rockstar, but became one, 30 Jun 2014
This book is very well written. I mean English is my second language but I understood everything without a problem.

I have read Gene's book (in my mothers' language) but Paul's book gives to reader a different perspective. Paul describes his troubled childhood, growin' up and band gettin' started. Sometimes Paul agrees with Gene's opinions on bandmates and other band-related things but sometimes he doesn't, which I consider at least interesting, because I always thought that two men are like one. But they are really different.
In his biography Paul admits that not every idea came from Gene's head, as Gene often proclaims. Paul is more humble than Gene.

After reading Face The Music I can say I understand Paul and like him even more than i liked him before.
I recommend this book not only to KISS fans, but to all music fans because the book reveals what stands behind the succesful man from pretty common family backgrounds and money and that fame don't bring happiness automaticly.